Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BAD Experience at SLS today

Default Re: BAD Experience at SLS today

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    first, you and your friend:
    you guys already agreed to buy, but you pulled back the moment he said you must wait for 2 hrs. You broke the agreement in the first place.
    Bro, you are totally wrong here ......
    The agreement is for the transaction to be done on the spot, that's obvious. It's not even "pulling back" like what you claimed but instead that the seller is unable to fulfill the agreement.
    Unless agreed otherwise on the delivery timing, most retail transactions must be on the spot.
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    I think all the three of you were in the wrong:

first, you and your friend:
    you guys already agreed to buy, but you pulled back the moment he said you must wait for 2 hrs. You broke the agreement in the first place.
    If you were him, you would be pissed off too.

second, the sales guy:
    After the agreement, he went to get the goods. He couldn't find any in stock and will get the product for you.
    Of course he must send people to fetch the goods. You think the goods will teleport there in two seconds? Where in the wrong is that?
    Maybe you are not aware, this is one of their many "stunts"

They will either tell you the goods you want is out of stock, or sell you one very old display set, or like in this case, make you wait for hours. Sometimes they will even ridiculously make you wait until they close shop and the goods still never arrive...

Quote Originally Posted by mystudio View Post

They will either tell you the goods you want is out of stock, or sell you one very old display set, or like in this case, make you wait for hours. Sometimes they will even ridiculously make you wait until they close shop and the goods still never arrive...
    or maybe they slowly testing, see whether got spoilt unit to give you

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    or maybe they slowly testing, see whether got spoilt unit to give you
    thats a gd one ...

btw , i've believe like what calebk said.... no batteries ??????????????

TS are you thinking straight ? does not come with batteries ???
    have to buy your own lithion batteries, those shops are really something.
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

OP is quite decent in SLS so thats maybe the only cam shop i go to in SLS.
    lords (cheaper than john 3.16) and ms colour (good cust svc) are not bad as well.
    CP and john 3.16 (provide honest feedbacks) are a bit on the high side but offer good cust svc.

Thank you for your comments. My purpose is to urge SGPs not to stand such service. I work overseas so I guess I'm not used to SLS already.

Why did I go down to SLS? Because my friend stayed in a backpackers motel along Serangoon Road and he was rushing to get to the airport in a few hours time. Basically we had 1 hour to spend.

Was I impolite or impatient? If you really want to know, pm me and I will narrate the VERY long story. I put up with a lot of the sales assistant's crap, sarcasm and rudeness. He could have said - "no stock" like the many other shops we went to.

Leejay:second, the sales guy:
    After the agreement, he went to get the goods. He couldn't find any in stock and will get the product for you.
    Of course he must send people to fetch the goods. You think the goods will teleport there in two seconds? Where in the wrong is that?
    Yes, you can say that he should check the computer and tell you earlier that he did not have stocks. But you also did not tell him earlier that you wouldn't buy if he did not have stocks. Am I correct?

He had BOXES of the camera right under his display cabinets. AND 2 hours to bring the camera isn't reasonable is it? We waited for almost 10 minutes for him to return to tell us we had to wait 2 hours. I think you didn't read my post carefully.

Don't always blame and accuse people this and that. Think about yourself for a bit. If you act machiam like a customer-is-king attitude, you won't get anything polite in return.
    Yes, people will still serve you because a customer is always right. But deep down inside them they are also cursing you. Try to put yourself in other people's shoes next time

I'm sorry but I disagree. If you follow my threads and my posts, I've never complained even when I get cheated by some "bros" on the forums. That's not my style. I support the idea that if you treat people well, you get the same in return. I think you miss the entire point. I am not expecting everyone from every shop to behave like a first-class salesperson. BUT we cannot allow such shops to spoil our reputation - we are going to host tens of thousands of new visitors with the upcoming international events.

There were many rude shopowners that just waved us away, or told us to get lost because we were asking many questions. Like I said before, if he had just said that he had no stock. Case closed, we would have walked out - just like the other shop we went to before. It's the act of showing my friend the 2 middle-fingers that was unnecessary.

I personally have patronised shops in SLS since I was a student... that's a long time ago. I know the AP guys and many sales people from the computer shops. I'm not one of those arrogant-XXXXX type shoppers.
    Last edited by Romulus; 24th April 2008 at 11:59 AM.

beat up, literally?

you gotta be kidding me, this is singapore.
    There was a report on newspaper previously of a camera shop shopkeeper beating up a tourist. But that's at Lucky Plaza I think.

You'll be more suprised to know that there are gangs chopping people with parangs openly in public places.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    There's a simple rule of thumb (or middle finger) when it comes to SLS...

AVOID THE FIRST THREE FLOORS LIKE THE FRIGGIN' PLAGUE!!!!!!!!!

I see the first three floors as Hell On Earth, where souls with poor karma (or streetwise) go and pay for their sins by getting intellectually insulted, cheated, abused by the demons (chau ah-bengs). No wonder Haw Par Villa closed down, coz there's a real Buyer's Hell right here!
    Quote Originally Posted by mystudio View Post

I know the stunts. I am ok with the stunts - they are generally quite entertaining actually. I've never heard so much BS before - he even said "I am a professional photographer, okay. I shoot .... on Sundays." That was in response to my quoting some online reviews about the camera I was buying (after he said all sorts of things about it to my ignorant friend).

One of the better shops even warned us about the "stunts". I'm okay with sales tactics - they can be construed as being creative - get you in, then interest you in something more expensive, etc. I draw the line at cheating and insults. That CANNOT be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post
    There was a report on newspaper previously of a camera shop shopkeeper beating up a tourist. But that's at Lucky Plaza I think.

You'll be more suprised to know that there are gangs chopping people with parangs openly in public places.
    Interesting... the guys at AP said that these are the "new" shops that have moved from Lucky Plaza...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    There's a simple rule of thumb (or middle finger) when it comes to SLS...

AVOID THE FIRST THREE FLOORS LIKE THE FRIGGIN' PLAGUE!!!!!!!!!

I see the first three floors as Hell On Earth, where souls with poor karma (or streetwise) go and pay for their sins by getting intellectually insulted, cheated, abused by the demons (chau ah-bengs). No wonder Haw Par Villa closed down, coz there's a real Buyer's Hell right here!
    Thanks. That was very funny!

In case anyone is interested OR if you have other cases to report:

Tourist Information Hotline: 1800-736 2000 (the complaints hotline does not exist anymore) This line is open 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post

definitely not such a common sight

and surely not around touristy areas, you'd bet the police would be on it in a breath

actually the continual fiasco takin place at sim lim camera shops will make a good news article on straits time or new paper. The reporters can pretend to be potential buyers and record down their experiences on e news article. The names of the shops do not need to be revealed cause the fact that the news being out will bring cold sweat to such errant shops! Good idea?
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

definitely not such a common sight

and surely not around touristy areas, you'd bet the police would be on it in a breath
    Yup, that's why it's on newspaper.

Other rumour is that they will find people to beat you up after you left the place. Such cases can't be confirmed though.

I never go to Sim Lim to buy Branded stuffs though, only 3rd Party Brands....and I will bargain cheap cheap....remember once, went there buy something computer stuffs (guy tell me $$???) I say (Fake one right, dont bluff me where gott so expensive) ...he say (not fake one lah - but black market one only - doesn't mean fake) anyway I said (whatever lah , now give me the discount - ) - and yes I got it cheap....hahaha so funny.

The one who ask me to go there and buy it - "Me Wify" of all the person....ok lah but only once.

PS: for all we know (as above) - I want to complain to the Boss - Where is the Boss ? and the guy who pointed the middle fingers is the Boss himself - saying me lah - scaly kenna 2nd time - point fingers hahahaha ! ...Aiyah better just leave them alone - dont patronise them ... they probably think "Anyway we already being Coined or BlackMark as "Terrible Seller" by CS Whahahahaha !
    Last edited by RudimentalDrummer; 24th April 2008 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RudimentalDrummer View Post
    I never go to Sim Lim to buy Branded stuffs though, only 3rd Party Brands....and I will bargain cheap cheap....remember once, went there buy something computer stuffs (guy tell me $$???) I say (Fake one right, dont bluff me where gott so expensive) ...he say (not fake one lah - but black market one only - doesn't mean fake) anyway I said (whatever lah , now give me the discount - ) - and yes I got it cheap....hahaha so funny.

The one who ask me to go there and buy it - "Me Wify" of all the person....ok lah but only once.

PS: for all we know (as above) - I want to complain to the Boss - Where is the Boss ? and the guy who pointed the middle fingers is the Boss himself - saying me lah - scaly kenna 2nd time - point fingers hahahaha ! ...Aiyah better just leave them alone - dont patronise them ... they probably think "Anyway we already being Coined or BlackMark as "Terrible Seller" by CS Whahahahaha !
    huh? u mean u go SLS get 3rd party computer parts? like fake Intels, AMDs, Nvidias, ATIs?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by tkbonz View Post
    actually the continual fiasco takin place at sim lim camera shops will make a good news article on straits time or new paper. The reporters can pretend to be potential buyers and record down their experiences on e news article. The names of the shops do not need to be revealed cause the fact that the news being out will bring cold sweat to such errant shops! Good idea?
    probably the reporter need to bring a carrot along... to them, any foreigners = carrot... they can't stand carrots more knowledgable than them...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

hey fellas. I've already lodged my complaint with STB. I would like to suggest that those with bad experiences email me with the details (as factual and un-embellished as possible) and I will see if I can work with STB to do something. I am very very ashamed. WE, as a people, need to stand up to these bullies!

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    huh? u mean u go SLS get 3rd party computer parts? like fake Intels, AMDs, Nvidias, ATIs?
    No - Battery ..hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    In case anyone is interested OR if you have other cases to report:

Tourist Information Hotline: 1800-736 2000 (the complaints hotline does not exist anymore) This line is open 24/7
    More effective if the complain is done by the Ang Mok.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast