Thread: St. Margaret's Church

Default St. Margaret's Church

St Margaret's Church, beside WestMinister Abbey, London. Taken right before a downpour.

For your critiques and comments...

What can I say? Simply Awesome!

Nice lighting, really dig the contrast between the dark clouds and the church. The old couple in the foreground is a lovely inclusion.

thoa_rs & lazyfiddler : Thanx!

Nice shot. My onlt gripe is that the shot seems tilted to me.

Converging vertialcs is unavoidable, but it would be more pleasing if the angle is rotated a few degrees clockwise. Of course that would make the old couple tilted then...so maybe some perspective correction in PS?
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

How do you like this? I did not correct all the converging verticals, but made the slant balance on both siodes of the church. Of course, working from the low resolution image posted here, some lost of sharpness is caused by the image transformations.

As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

roygoh: Thanks! And also re-correct the perspective made, was in the state of whether to adjust perspective

A question:
    Will adjusting perspective resulted in a even tighter crop of the picture because I feel that my initial shot was already very tight.

Default Nice man

Nice shot man!

Great timing

Ran!! You! you! youououoo...you.... scanned post cards!! Bad BOY!

* togu runs away

Originally posted by togu
    Ran!! You! you! youououoo...you.... scanned post cards!! Bad BOY!

* togu runs away

NorthenLights: Thanks and also your wide angle

Togu: ±»·’ΟΦΑΛ......

Originally posted by ransoma22
    roygoh: Thanks! And also re-correct the perspective made, was in the state of whether to adjust perspective

A question:
    Will adjusting perspective resulted in a even tighter crop of the picture because I feel that my initial shot was already very tight.
    Adjusting perspective will result in some sort of a fan-shaped framing because it stretches one end of the picture versus the other. In this case the perspective correction stretches the picture sideways on the top, so the bottom of the picture maintains the same angle of coverage but the angle of coverage decreases as you move up the picture. That's why the framing looks tighter.

In fact the case for your picture is even more complicated because I corrected barrel distortion, till, as well as perspective.

Alternatively, you can move further from the church and then zoom in to fill the frame. That will help to reduce the perspective distortion.

- Roy

great shot with nice lighting !! I like it very much ..
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Really nice shot man!

Er...the original looks way better than the corrected one. IMO, the perspective distortion makes this pic interesting

i prefer the original
    :|