View Poll Results: Are you a left or right handed

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Left handed

24 30.00%
  • Right Handed

48 60.00%
  • Both hands also can......No problem at all..

8 10.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many Left and right handed in CS

Default Re: How many Left and right handed in CS

Left hander here too~

another lefty here (100% to be exact). i find that using my left hand to twist whichever ring on the lens makes shooting easy for me. my right hand is only to hold the right side of the camera and to depress the shutter release button whenever need to.

Quote Originally Posted by photougenics View Post
    I am a lefty too..

Like driving a manual car.. I find it comfortable to use the left hand to shift the gears.. Never driven a left-hand drive car b4, so donno how it feel like shifting the gear with the right hand.. but it feel weird by just thinking of it..
    I drove a car in USA before.
    At first can't get used to it, cos of the shifting gear is on right and using my right hand not strong enough and not easy to shift the gear.....
    But lucky the car I rented is Auto gear so no need to shift too many time...
    If driving a manual car on left-hand side... my right hand will burn out man....

Where using a mouse on my note book... I felt is much better to use with my right hand..
    cos, right hand scrolling the screen and left hand writing down the information.
    that's make it really easy and faster compare to those right handed ppl.....

Don't get offended.......I just said it.. base on how I feel...
    but one their other hand (i mean left handed)..
    Is cruel and stress for us sometime....
    where once I used a right handed scissor and pen knife.. Is so hurting and I cut my finger.
    Last edited by Rubber_Duck; 24th April 2008 at 09:58 AM.

I think those ppl voted for right handed...

Is better to let us know... Is it a burden for you to zoom using your left hand.
    especially when u are using a super zoom lens and the weight is killing your left hand??

In this case, I felt the camera maker should make for right handed camera not for left handed.
    since like the design is use for left handed ppl now.... Do u agree with that??

Quote Originally Posted by bovine View Post
    but i have a problem with the right handed lecture chairs!
    Oh yeah, almost forgot about that one. I try to use an empty chair to the left when I encounter those chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by justinlau92 View Post
    Anyway what "myths", "tales" and "legends" behind the left handers ? I'm interested to know cause i'm one! Haha...
    One that I remember is that left handers die younger on the average. Googling, I found an article about left handed women more prone to certain medical disorders (article dated 2007). Some have also proposed lefties are more accident prone in a right handed world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    I drove a car in USA before.
    But lucky the car I rented is Auto gear so no need to shift too many time...
    If driving a manual car on left-hand side... my right hand will burn out man....
    It's really, really difficult renting a manual transmission car in the U.S. You have to rent something really exotic (Ferrari, e.g.).

Have been driving manual transmission in the U.S. for many years now (all my cars have been manual). Not really a problem even in the beginning. It's harder to get used to the changed perspective and stay in the middle of the lane. The only time I regret not having auto transmission was when I was stuck in San Francisco in a traffic jam. After two hours of stepping on the clutch, my left leg was cramping

The advantages of driver on the left of car is that it is easier to reach out of the window to toss coins into toll booths (East Coast), pay / pick up tickets, fast food, drop off mail, use the ATM, enter code into car wash at gas stations, etc. You also have to use your left hand to open the car door to get into the driver's side. And easier to do drive by shooting if you're driving solo.

OK OK just kidding about the last part

While being a lefty may make things easier while zooming or manual focusing, it can still be a pain to hold the body of the camera with one hand i.e. your right hand.

That's why I prefer smaller bodies for my cameras so that my right hand does not feel that strained.

I m both handed... use right hand when writing... the rest of the things can use both... no diff...

I m both handed... use right hand when writing... the rest of the things can use both... no diff...

Quote Originally Posted by photougenics View Post
    I am a lefty too..

Like driving a manual car.. I find it comfortable to use the left hand to shift the gears.. Never driven a left-hand drive car b4, so donno how it feel like shifting the gear with the right hand.. but it feel weird by just thinking of it..
    Similarly, as a right hander, I feel that using the right hand to hold the steering wheel while shifting gears feels safer. I think it's just a matter of getting used to doing things with your left and right hand.

I hold spoon with right hand and fork with left. If reversed, then it feels wierd. But when I use chopsticks, the sticks goes on the right and spoon on the left.. if reversed, I can't even hold the sticks properly.

I think those ppl voted for right handed...

Is better to let us know... Is it a burden for you to zoom using your left hand.
    especially when u are using a super zoom lens and the weight is killing your left hand??

In this case, I felt the camera maker should make for right handed camera not for left handed.
    since like the design is use for left handed ppl now.... Do u agree with that??
    I'm right handed and I'm comfortable with the existing design..

Quote Originally Posted by blackman View Post
    I was told by my mum that i used to be left handed.
    But she forced my to use right hand when i was young.

End up now writting right hand, ball sports left hand, camera both hands.
    Same here.
    Writting with my right hand, eating with my left hand.
    No problem using manual cameras.

Guess what, my wife also writes with her right hand, eats with her left hand.
    9815-1974
    FB: Hilos Camera Repair

... Is it a burden for you to zoom using your left hand.
    Not really. It issn to hard to zoom / focus with my non master left hand.
    The non master hand is not that lousy in making fine movements

If the weight can kill my left hand it is probably not handholdable in the first place

Ryan

Come to think of it, the one who designed the SLR is a real genius.

Using left hand to zoom (compose) and set aperture, means using right (creative and artistic) brain.

Using right hand to press the shutter release button, means using left (logical thinking, decision) brain to carry out the action.

Talking Re: How many Left and right handed in CS

I'm left handed since birth. But I hold camera like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by huggable View Post
    Come to think of it, the one who designed the SLR is a real genius.

Using left hand to zoom (compose) and set aperture, means using right (creative and artistic) brain.

Using right hand to press the shutter release button, means using left (logical thinking, decision) brain to carry out the action.
    Hmm.. didn't occur to me... Who invented the SLR? Exakta? I know Pentax was the first to come up with the SLR with a pentaprism.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12