Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 91 of 91

Thread: Is it a must to buy a dry box?

  1. #81

    Default Re: Is it a must to buy a dry box?

    Hi All!

    Just wondering, for those of you using the digi-cabi (30L), at which point did u set the dial to to stablised the HR to 40-50%?

    Currently i am setting if at 11 o'clock but the HR seems to increase to 52%. But when i set to 1 o'clock the HR drop to 40% but it won't stay there.. it will keep on dropping to 36%

    Anyone can advise??

    Regards

    Razali

  2. #82

    Default Re: Is it a must to buy a dry box?

    I just bought my digi cabi.. from John 3:16 very good service I must say!

    hehe cyberdevil18, I have the same problem as you... Im still figuring out which position of the dial is optimal. right now its at max (red) and the guage is droping continously... when it reaches 45 I put it back to the blue gauge...


    are camera bateries allowed inside the cabi?

  3. #83

    Default Re: Is it a must to buy a dry box?

    Quote Originally Posted by xxpmrong View Post
    I just bought my digi cabi.. from John 3:16 very good service I must say!

    hehe cyberdevil18, I have the same problem as you... Im still figuring out which position of the dial is optimal. right now its at max (red) and the guage is droping continously... when it reaches 45 I put it back to the blue gauge...


    are camera bateries allowed inside the cabi?

    haha how much did you buy it for at john 3:16?

  4. #84

    Default Re: Is it a must to buy a dry box?

    Quote Originally Posted by winzee View Post
    haha how much did you buy it for at john 3:16?
    118... it a little on the high side but the service was well worth it...

  5. #85

    Default Re: Is it a must to buy a dry box?

    118 for how big ?
    Canon - Exhilaration Of Sight 450

  6. #86

    Default Re: Is it a must to buy a dry box?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrc0w View Post
    118 for how big ?
    36 liters...

    it is working as expected... my RH is now hovering around 48-51

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    275

    Default Re: Is it a must to buy a dry box?

    Any one brought the dry cabinet at carrefour ? any comment as i forget wat the brand already

  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ang Sua Ville
    Posts
    284

    Smile Re: Is it a must to buy a dry box?

    Quote Originally Posted by saurtan View Post
    Another thing you do not want to do is mix equipment.

    I thought I was doing my father a favour when I put his old lenses and cameras into my dry cabinet. Now my set is infected too 

    I have since removed his equipment, but have a question. Beyond wiping the cabinet down with a damp cloth and letting it air for a day, is there anything I need to do before I re-introduce my freshly laundered lenses?
    How about putting under the sun for say... 2 hours...Juz my crazy idea again. UV light sterlization.

    Damp cloth... maybe some disinfectant liquid. Perhaps...

    DRY BOX ---> DRY CABINET's better IMO dun have to worry about the gel thingy.
    Canon EOS 20D|EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS|EF 17-40mm f/4L|EF 85mmII f1.2L|EF 50mm f/1.8 II|580EX

  9. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ang Sua Ville
    Posts
    284

    Smile Re: Is it a must to buy a dry box?

    Quote Originally Posted by marcusy View Post
    Any one brought the dry cabinet at carrefour ? any comment as i forget wat the brand already
    Brand is Dry Cabi
    80L cost you $200+
    50L I think $148-$150+
    30L around $108

    Quality-wise, I would say it serves its function well & it looks quite cool too(like wine chiller I had from Carrefour ).

    I think for 50L they will deliver FOC. Why not? Within budget to save your lotsa trouble when your lense got fungus.
    Last edited by Crabby; 24th September 2008 at 06:29 PM.
    Canon EOS 20D|EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS|EF 17-40mm f/4L|EF 85mmII f1.2L|EF 50mm f/1.8 II|580EX

  10. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    275

    Default Re: Is it a must to buy a dry box?

    tks alot
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby View Post
    Brand is Dry Cabi
    80L cost you $200+
    50L I think $148-$150+
    30L around $108

    Quality-wise, I would say it serves its function well & it looks quite cool too(like wine chiller I had from Carrefour ).

    I think for 50L they will deliver FOC. Why not? Within budget to save your lotsa trouble when your lense got fungus.

  11. #91

    Default Re: Is it a must to buy a dry box?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokka View Post
    1-2% of fluctuation shld be ok...depending on the number of items u have inside.

    Sometimes when I shoot on a friday, my gear remains in my bag as I shoot again on sat. When i put in the stuff on sat night, the meter changes again..
    ok Thanks, I found out the problem. My cabinet was in the direct blow from the air con. Once I shifted away from direct blow, the fluctuation was within less than 5%.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •