Rules and Regulation of Singapore Botanic Gardens
As the Singapore Botanic Gardens (herewith known as Gardens) is home to many native and exotic plants and trees as well as a number of trees protected by law as Heritage Trees. Kindly understand that only simple, no frills filming or photography are allowed in the Gardens. Common or standard filming or photography methods used in other protected/ high maintenance locations might not be suitable for the Gardens.
Do not damage/ modify the plants, turf, park furniture or structures, or attach anything to
Do not set up tents, banners or furniture in the Gardens.
Do not disturb other visitors or create a nuisance and do not obstruct any path or access.
Use of motor vehicles (including motor or micro-scooters), and other forms of wheeled modes of transportation is not permitted.
Keep all dogs on leash and to clean up after your dog.
Regulations Pertaining to Filming/ Photography in the Gardens
• Usage of power points found around the Garden is not permitted.
• Do not block off any areas (e.g. toilet, shelter, pathway) within our Gardens for your exclusive use.
• Please keep unnecessary items/ equipment in your vehicles.
• No setting up of tents, umbrella, shelter, chairs, benches, buffet lines for casts/ talent or crews
• No set-up of props, background, decoration or any alteration to the Gardens’ lawns, trees, plants or structures.
Equipment, Props and Scenes:
You are allowed to bring in:
• A small Camera (Video or still).
• A tripod for the camera.
• Boom mike (hand-held cannot be on tripod or C-stand), feedback monitor or hand-held reflactors.
• All other makes of video or photographic equipment, C-stands, lightings or light stands, all kind of tracks and power generating devices are not allowed.
No using of small props or scenes that go against or challenge the Gardens’ rules like:
• Swimming, fishing, boating, cycling, roller skating/ blading, driving, martial arts scenes.
• Or posing with props that suggested the activity even though the talent/ cast is not doing it (e.g. posing on a bicycle or posing with swimsuit).
• Any scene/s deemed not suitable by the Gardens.
Areas Not Suitable or Not Permitted for Filming/ Photo shoot:
• All 4 major entrance areas (Tanglin Gate/ Green Pavilion, Visitor Centre, National Orchid Garden’s entrance pavilion and Children’s Garden Visitor Centre) and its immediate surrounding areas like Palm Court, Viewing Terrace, Cascade Garden, E-kiosk and Orchid Plaza.
• Areas within Rainforest and Jacob Ballas Children’s Garden
• Shaw Foundation Symphony Stage
• Office Buildings like Holttum Hall, Ridley Hall, NParks HQ, Raffles Building and the Garage
• Car Parks within the Gardens
• Shops and F&B outlets (including the immediate surrounding areas)
The list is not exhaustive. Kindly check if you are unsure to prevent any misunderstanding.
Your cooperation in observing the National Parks Act (Cap 198A), Parks and Trees Act (Cap 216) and its Regulations is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I did some enquiries and upon receoving this attached document from the local botanical garden,i felt as if DSLR are not allowed.
ANyone care to comment?