Thread: Was at Sony service centre Wisma Atria

Default Was at Sony service centre Wisma Atria

Was at Sony Service centre and there were like 10 people ahead of me,
    3 of them were bring VIAO notebook for service in box , the guy beside me
    had CX model ( i think lowest end ).He had it for 3 days and it refuse to charge.

4th guy there was collecting his ....yes, his notebook.

Sony service centre was for everything Sony. Out of 10, 4 pax were there for NOtebook repair.

I am now, rethinking my plans to get a Sony. I read a lot of complaints but thought that was the initial production hiccup....hmmmm

Any one can share your experience with VIAO notebooks ?
    I was eyeing the FZ models with 4 Gb ram ( yeah, they charge for 4 Gb ram and give you back the original 2 Gb sticks...no offset allowed )

Default Re: Was at Sony service centre Wisma Atria

Come'on, you are walking into a service center.

Obviously, you WILL only see people going there for repairs. On a typical day, anybody can walk in with any kind of devices for servicing. And on this day, you just so happen to observe more people going for notebook servicing. Based on a single day observation, I don't think it is sufficient to conclude that Sony's notebook is bad.

It's just your psychological perception creating the negative impression on Sony's notebook.
    Last edited by Gizmore; 22nd April 2008 at 06:07 PM.

But the que at Nokia cc does not seems to deter anyone from buying their products.

people who go service centre means they had problems with their gears.. u dun see people who are ok with their gear standing there praising and thanking the staff...

hello ! it is a service centre lah ! wat u expect woh... my fren screamed vulgarities loud at Canon Service Centre @ Harbour Front becos his gear was not fixed properly...

Quote Originally Posted by luna_sea83 View Post
    But the que at Nokia cc does not seems to deter anyone from buying their products.
    i do.....i have not used any nokia phones for 5 years. every forum, every where i go if got talk about nokia, sure tok abt "svc centre sux" "lousy service" "Bring my phone back for 3 times still spoil!" "Ask for refund after so many repairs but no refund" "Ask for exchange of phone after so many repairs but yet only lame excuses give"

Quote Originally Posted by lightrules View Post
    Was at Sony Service centre and there were like 10 people ahead of me,
    3 of them were bring VIAO notebook for service in box , the guy beside me
    had CX model ( i think lowest end ).He had it for 3 days and it refuse to charge.

4th guy there was collecting his ....yes, his notebook.

Sony service centre was for everything Sony. Out of 10, 4 pax were there for NOtebook repair.

I am now, rethinking my plans to get a Sony. I read a lot of complaints but thought that was the initial production hiccup....hmmmm

Any one can share your experience with VIAO notebooks ?
    I was eyeing the FZ models with 4 Gb ram ( yeah, they charge for 4 Gb ram and give you back the original 2 Gb sticks...no offset allowed )
    Go for SZ la
    My SZ has already been the punching bag since 1 years plus ago when i got this.
    Carbon fibre material...
    Except for 1 dead pixel,this baby is serving me well

Get the FX from abroad. It costs half as much as SG for the Blu-Ray version. sony laptop prices here are insane, I really think people are crazy to buy a Sony laptop in SG when you can head to KL and get it much much cheaper.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Get the FX from abroad. It costs half as much as SG for the Blu-Ray version. sony laptop prices here are insane, I really think people are crazy to buy a Sony laptop in SG when you can head to KL and get it much much cheaper.
    You just made my heart bleed...

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    i do.....i have not used any nokia phones for 5 years. every forum, every where i go if got talk about nokia, sure tok abt "svc centre sux" "lousy service" "Bring my phone back for 3 times still spoil!" "Ask for refund after so many repairs but no refund" "Ask for exchange of phone after so many repairs but yet only lame excuses give"
    Same here... gave up on their phones already... carrying a Nokia now only because its a office phone...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    that's interesting

How much cheaper is it there ?
    I might be making a trip soon but NEVER thought anything electronic is cheap in KL

Saw their lowepro prices ! OMG !
    outright cheating ( at BBPlaza )

Even if you just compare Sonystyle Malaysia with SG, you'll see a price difference. For me, I'll be travelling to NY in July, tempted to pick up the blu-ray FZ there. It's USD 1550, about SGD 2140. As compared to the SGD 4,400 something it's here.
    Alpha

FYI: You can order the Sony FZ from Amazon, ship via VPOST. Who cares if you pay 300SGD in fees, it's still cheaper than here.
    Alpha

i had a run of i think 4 sonys, started with the 505 series and ended with sz series. Looks cool, but not without problems. Too much of thier own useless propreity software that takes too much resources. Had many break downs, screen, motherboards, software hiccups.

for the premium price, you are paying for design, not reliability.

IMHO, i've been running on an IBM for the last 3 yrs. No problems so far
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

wow...buy from KL? may i know where is a good place to buy? got international warranty?