Thread: PCK's SARS Rap Song

Default PCK's SARS Rap Song

Anyone knows where to find the rap lyrics? The rap is sort of catching on at my workplace.

Like PCK said...Everybody has a part to play...use your brain use your brain use your brain.

Default Re: PCK's SARS Rap Song

Originally posted by sfhuang
    Anyone knows where to find the rap lyrics? The rap is sort of catching on at my workplace.
    the lyrics can be found on TV !!!

I mean I want to find online lah!!!

Originally posted by RuthBaby
    Like PCK said...Everybody has a part to play...use your brain use your brain use your brain.

Deregistered

Originally posted by RuthBaby
    it's...

use your BLAIN use your BLAIN use your BLAIN ......

"some say leh, some say lah,
    come on everybody let's keep out sars..."

No offence, PCK rap has got many people complaining, it is not funny to those who lost love ones due to SAR. We just have to be sensitive, and not make fun of those who suffered.

Originally posted by Pepper
    No offence, PCK rap has got many people complaining, it is not funny to those who lost love ones due to SAR. We just have to be sensitive, and not make fun of those who suffered.
    yah u got a point ...

Ok everybody has their own views on this. I'm not starting a discussion or huge debate here, just want the rap lyrics that's all.

i agree it might be abit sensitive to those who suffered but i do not think the commercial is making fun of them at all.

sample lyrics:

"kah-pui" all over your face. wait whole family kena quarantine ah...

i wonder what effect this will have on the Speak Good English campaign?

PCK makes it seem okay to be crass, speak broken english and postures around like an uneducated contractor.

You want the lyrics, I bet you can get it verbatim from any primary school kid in singapore, they probably memorised it already. Thanks to PCK, these little kids can now add words like kah-pui, kena, all over the shop, doc-hopper to their vocabulary. Thank you Gurmit, you are a real gift to our society, god bless you.

Originally posted by wallpaper
    sample lyrics:

"kah-pui" all over your face. wait whole family kena quarantine ah...

i wonder what effect this will have on the Speak Good English campaign?

PCK makes it seem okay to be crass, speak broken english and postures around like an uneducated contractor.

You want the lyrics, I bet you can get it verbatim from any primary school kid in singapore, they probably memorised it already. Thanks to PCK, these little kids can now add words like kah-pui, kena, all over the shop, doc-hopper to their vocabulary. Thank you Gurmit, you are a real gift to our society, god bless you.
    wonder if Medicorps producer who produced tat PCK Sars-vivor will react if he see this ... ???

Comedian Raps About SARS
    By Nolan Strong
    Date: 6/11/2003 12:52 PM

A comedian who moonlights as a rapper in Singapore has left his funny message behind and has recorded a message to the people to remain vigilant against the SARS plague.

Gurmit Singh, who stars as Phua Chu Kang, on the award winning comedic television series of the same name, says that he wrote the rap and has shot an accompanying video for the single, "SAR-Vivor."

"It's the kind of rap that only PCK could have done it, if you get Justin Timberlake it wouldn't have worked, Michael Jackson no... wouldn't work," Singh said of his character.

"He (PCK) will say celebrate and all that but he is also a very shrewd businessman, and he would say as long as there's SARS patient in the world just be careful, take your precautions."

Singh said that while he was used to rapping, getting into character and rapping as PCK was a different story.

"A rap yes as myself, but not as PCK. It was a surreal kind of thing, cause ordinarily 'ah bengs' don't rap, they karaoke, they sing off tune, they sing loud but they never rap, so it was a cool thing to do," Gurmit continued.

SARS is short for Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome and there have been out breaks of the virus in multiple countries throughout the globe.

MediaCorp TV will premiere the SAR-Vivor rap on Singapore's Channel 5, Thursday at 8:25 pm