Thread: an old-skool barber chair

Default an old-skool barber chair

hi ya'all,im a newbie here..juz started using alpha200.I took this picture because I feel as im walkin through the olden alley zone.

do c&c my post as i want to learn more on by weak and good points[/IMG]

Last edited by dopes; 21st April 2008 at 10:51 PM.

Default Re: an old-skool barber chair

as per guidelines, please include a proper short writeup for the picture http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273376

will be good if you can write something about what made you want to take this shot this way.

Yup, else viewer dont really know what you are trying to express.
    Which is what is wrong with this picture.
    For every photo, the main subject should be obvious.

Also, I felt that the color is not "right".

Cheers!
    Yong Sak.
    www.yongsak.com

The warm colors does makes it look old and dusty but the scene is just too messy. The main sudject is hidden by the blue canvas. The viewer wouldn't know what to focus on and will just give up and move on.
    Suggest that if possible, do a close up adstract of the chair instead.

mrdopes this is a decently composed picthere are lot of interesting old things here, one wud love to see or spend time studyingactually a viewer eyes wud never leave the frame from any part of the pic had u cropped it just below the barbers chair,cutting out the empty road,and one yellow line....all the articles in the pic are complimenting each other thru sober colors and their age

Rather cluttered with other items, so it doesn't draw viewer's attention immediately do the chair you are focusing on. Perhaps a different angle, lower, higher, closer, to eliminate other distracting things.
    Equipment: a pair of cranky spectacles with scratched lens :dunno:

Quote Originally Posted by newlife View Post
    mrdopes this is a decently composed picthere are lot of interesting old things here, one wud love to see or spend time studyingactually a viewer eyes wud never leave the frame from any part of the pic had u cropped it just below the barbers chair,cutting out the empty road,and one yellow line....all the articles in the pic are complimenting each other thru sober colors and their age
    Contrary to what you wrote, I believe the photographer's subject of choice is the barber chair, and those other elements do nothing to focus the viewer's attention to the barber chair. Maybe your reasoning is different, but when most photographers intend for the viewer to focus on one singular subject, all other elements in the frame should point the viewer's focus to that subject, not be side subjects for "spend(ing) time studying".