Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

  1. #1
    Senior Member kenele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dover Cl East
    Posts
    1,999

    Default Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

    Wonder anyone tried shooting from UP there?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

    go look in landscapes /travel please

    only got maybe at least 5 threads since it was open

    definitely even more

    one from clown, one from vivian, one big one from the nikon outing, one big one from tangshooters, one from jia wang, got a few from etegration with one notable 360 degree panorama inside the cabin.

    these are the ones i remember

  3. #3
    Senior Member kenele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dover Cl East
    Posts
    1,999

    Default Re: Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    go look in landscapes /travel please

    only got maybe at least 5 threads since it was open

    definitely even more

    one from clown, one from vivian, one big one from the nikon outing, one big one from tangshooters, one from jia wang, got a few from etegration with one notable 360 degree panorama inside the cabin.

    these are the ones i remember
    I mean from the inside saw video from Youtube thought in was rather blueish...
    Last edited by kenele; 21st April 2008 at 01:17 AM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by kenele View Post
    I mean from the inside saw video from Youtube taught in was rather blueish...
    got what

    vivian's one and the nikon outing one

    all taken from inside, same for etegration!

    anyways, i heard tripod not allowed..

  5. #5
    Senior Member kenele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dover Cl East
    Posts
    1,999

    Default Re: Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    got what

    vivian's one and the nikon outing one

    all taken from inside, same for etegration!

    anyways, i heard tripod not allowed..

    Ok, thanks how about night shots?

  6. #6
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    anyways, i heard tripod not allowed..
    wha, like that how to take night shot? than again, the thing is rotating, even got tripod also no use right?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    wha, like that how to take night shot? than again, the thing is rotating, even got tripod also no use right?
    yep...it's a severe test of your photographic skills. u need to push your equipment to the limits!

  8. #8
    Senior Member kenele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Dover Cl East
    Posts
    1,999

    Default Re: Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    yep...it's a severe test of your photographic skills. u need to push your equipment to the limits!
    Night vision mode maybe ha! ha!

  9. #9
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    yep...it's a severe test of your photographic skills. u need to push your equipment to the limits!
    cannot lay, my d60 only goes up to iso1000 and it is very noisy, so how?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    wha, like that how to take night shot? than again, the thing is rotating, even got tripod also no use right?
    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    cannot lay, my d60 only goes up to iso1000 and it is very noisy, so how?
    don't think it rotates that fast

    you will not get the best exposure, i guess, and a bit of blur, based on the shots i've seen

    on the bright side, this is the best excuse to upgrade to a d3

  11. #11
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    on the bright side, this is the best excuse to upgrade to a d3
    , u r .
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

    personally, i think it is not worth the current price, so many construction sites... kinda of messy look ...

  13. #13
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    personally, i think it is not worth the current price, so many construction sites... kinda of messy look ...
    i think by the time the IR complete, the price will go up up up.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  14. #14
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    i think by the time the IR complete, the price will go up up up.
    When that happens, it will put new meaning to the phrase "taken for a ride."

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

    the glass screen reflection is an issue while taking photo up there
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  16. #16
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: Any one taken the Singapore Flyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    the glass screen reflection is an issue while taking photo up there
    U need a CP

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •