Thread: Help Plss.. Flare??

Default Help Plss.. Flare??

Hey guys..

Just got myself a canon 50mm 1.8 lens.. got to say this lens is an eye roller

but the problem with it is that i keep getting this small circular blue/green blips on my picture..
    is that called flare? how can i prevent it.. i already have a lens hood.. but doesn't seem to work.

please help me., thanks

Default Re: Help Plss.. Flare??

if you have a filter, remove it and try to shoot again.

clean your lens and filters thoroughly first before shooting.

hmm never tried removing my filter yet.. but when i look through my view finder i can see circular reflections caused by the lights.. and when i take the pic... it comes out together with it..

take out your filter when u shooting at night.

i have the same problem with some of my night shots too..

and wondering, a polarizer can prevent reflections, does it help in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by meukow View Post
    i have the same problem with some of my night shots too..

and wondering, a polarizer can prevent reflections, does it help in this case?
    No. Remove the filter. If you replace the UV filter with a polarizer, you still have the problem of internal reflections caused by a filter. So, as everyone here has advised, REMOVE THE FILTER. ANY FILTER.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    No. Remove the filter. If you replace the UV filter with a polarizer, you still have the problem of internal reflections caused by a filter. So, as everyone here has advised, REMOVE THE FILTER. ANY FILTER.
    haha.. thanks for the emphasis, will definitely remove ANY filter for future night shots..

Quote Originally Posted by meukow View Post
    haha.. thanks for the emphasis, will definitely remove ANY filter for future night shots..
    Condensation on a dirty lens / filter might cause this also... if you're just exit from an aircon room, wait around 30 mins before shooting.

Yes, maybe your filter / lens is not clean. Remove the filter, clean the outer side of your front and rear lens, then shoot. If it's still there, there might be something inside.

i also have the same problem with my 18-70mm and i havent quite be able to deal with it yet...tried taking off the filter but still see a bit of flare in the VF before taking the shot.
    i flip the lens aperature open but cant see any big dust speck inside the lens element, just very minor dust only.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 23rd April 2008 at 02:44 PM.