Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Rail way at sunset way ( clementi )

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Rail way at sunset way ( clementi )

    Now the tracks seemed very dilapidated with a lot of lobangs at the center part. If not careful, can fall through it and into the canal below.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  2. #62
    Senior Member AxeLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,698

    Default Re: Rail way at sunset way ( clementi )

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Now the tracks seemed very dilapidated with a lot of lobangs at the center part. If not careful, can fall through it and into the canal below.
    mine size 12 foot....should be ok...
    D800|24~120mm VR|AF VR 80~400mm ED |SB900|50mm F1.8|CD 2X2|FL-360|FastPack 350/Sony RX100M3

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Rail way at sunset way ( clementi )

    Quote Originally Posted by AxeLa View Post
    mine size 12 foot....should be ok...
    Nope, the lobangs are a lot larger. Some are large enough to allow an average sized person to fall through.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  4. #64
    Senior Member AxeLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,698

    Default Re: Rail way at sunset way ( clementi )

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Nope, the lobangs are a lot larger. Some are large enough to allow an average sized person to fall through.
    ok...me abit scare liao.....
    D800|24~120mm VR|AF VR 80~400mm ED |SB900|50mm F1.8|CD 2X2|FL-360|FastPack 350/Sony RX100M3

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Rail way at sunset way ( clementi )

    Quote Originally Posted by AxeLa View Post
    ok...me abit scare liao.....
    U look at my 2nd and 3rd pics on the first page. The gap between the metal planks that we walk on and the railway track is pretty broad. There's nothing supporting the rails except for the wooden spacers in which some also had rotted away.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  6. #66

    Default Re: Rail way at sunset way ( clementi )

    Quote Originally Posted by AxeLa View Post
    ok...me abit scare liao.....
    No worries. At long as u are careful about where u are stepping, the risk of falling through can be mitigated somewhat. Metal fatigue is a far worse danger. You cant see it, so if u are planning to cross the bridge, my best advise is to try and step on different section of metal. I have done the crossing once some time back - it was an experience. You can still take pictures of both sides if u dont cross the bridge. Just involves walking across using the sturdy pedestrian bridge 50 meters away. Alternatively, you can drive and park @ 2 different locations. Hope the attached map helps.


  7. #67
    Senior Member AxeLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,698

    Exclamation Re: Rail way at sunset way ( clementi )

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    No worries. At long as u are careful about where u are stepping, the risk of falling through can be mitigated somewhat. Metal fatigue is a far worse danger. You cant see it, so if u are planning to cross the bridge, my best advise is to try and step on different section of metal. I have done the crossing once some time back - it was an experience. You can still take pictures of both sides if u dont cross the bridge. Just involves walking across using the sturdy pedestrian bridge 50 meters away. Alternatively, you can drive and park @ 2 different locations. Hope the attached map helps.

    WOw thks bro.....will feedback here....
    D800|24~120mm VR|AF VR 80~400mm ED |SB900|50mm F1.8|CD 2X2|FL-360|FastPack 350/Sony RX100M3

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •