Default Re: How do you shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by AsPiRiN92 View Post
    moving targets - multifire
    landscape, portraits, powerful flash settings - one shot
    When taking my boss giving a speech...i mutli fire also

If not later end up shots with only funny mouth expression

Quote Originally Posted by 2.8photography View Post
    I was wondering how most people shoot. Do you take a lot of pictures, and hope for at least a few to be good?
    Or do you hold the camera and look through the viewfinder for up to a few minutes, waiting for the perfect shot.

Ive been advised both to 'fill up the CF card' and 'try not to take too many photos' before. Im not sure whether the person who advised the latter was afraid that i might waste the camera's shutter count.
    first of all. ask how much it would cost to replace camera shutter.

calculate cost per shutter count.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

the best way to shoot i guess... know what's the end result of the photo you want to see. Take a few shot more is ok. so long u know what you are shooting to get the result. This will also mean if you have intention to post process in PhotoShop/Aperture because you still need the foundation to build up your castle.

i guess many folks would shoot a lot and hope for a good one - that's call shoot with luck. Shoot a lot and knowing what you expect, - that's shoot with objective & vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    first of all. ask how much it would cost to replace camera shutter.

calculate cost per shutter count.
    You an accountant eh? I think there is no cost associated to a shot that is 'perfect' in your eyes......... Its a treasure u would want to keep, not to sell.......... cheers!
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    first of all. ask how much it would cost to replace camera shutter. calculate cost per shutter count.
    In result, for some cameras you can't use Singapore currency to express it in coins, you need to get IDR for that. If you have the noise of coins rolling down the road when clicking the shutter it's best to change the hobby.

Trigger happy ftw.

If don't like, no harm in deleting. Rather than the possibility of a wasted trip after reviewing all your "carefully planned shots" are bad.

depends i guess.

when im shooting a concert band, i'll try to take each individual performer's close up. resulting in quite a bit of photos.

when im shooting a clubbing type of event, i'll shoot tons cos there will be tons of people flocking at the camera.

when im doing portrait shoots, i try to take the perfect shot once.

when im shooting for night landscapes, i compose the shot well before shooting. only shoot about 20-50 pics then.

really depends on the scenario, for me. for events i try to cover as many things as possible, even though its impossible. you dont want to miss out a portion of the event cos you were eating or something..

Quote Originally Posted by AsPiRiN92 View Post
    moving targets - multifire
    landscape, portraits, powerful flash settings - one shot
    i took sports like bike race for example so i shoot alot.. cannot wait for perfect time to capture any such actions.
    portraits, landscape then need to compose thn shoot.
    candid i wait for timing sometimes.

At Vesak last year, I was shooting next to an old man who had a Nikon D3 while I had my Fuji S5 Pro. Every time I went 'click', old man went 'crrreeeeeeeeek'. Dunno how many shots he took, probably around 10. So it was 'click' / 'crrreeeeeeeeek' 'click' / 'crrreeeeeeeeek' 'click' / 'crrreeeeeeeeek'... two different ways of shooting.

I call the old man's way the kiasu way. To me, he captures <b>the indecisive moments</b>

As a street photographer, I was told to take a lot of shots. You don't want to regret not taking the shot later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12