Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nepal trip: Anyone interested?

Default NDs

No..kingpin, no hard edge....soft edge and must be graduated. Otherwise you may see a distinct line across. Cathay only has ND 2 and ND 8. I bought both. I actually wanted 2 and 4. ND 8 is prob for the snow in bright sunlight. Will read up and let you guys know if its of any use....

Can try Cathay Marina, I got mine Cokin P ND 8 (P121) and ND4 (P121M) from them a month ago at S$27 each. Ask them to order for you if no stock

Get the Modular Hood also. I think around S$14 only.

Default Good News !!!!!!

The flight reservations are all confirmed now

kingpin secretary call me this morning, all the flight reservations are "confirmed".

We can issue the ticket with the agent as we like from today onwards.

Fare = SGD674 (exclude Kathamandu Airport Tax)

I would thus, like to call up for 2nd meet up on next Tuesday, 22-July, 7.00pm, Peninsula Plaza Food Court.

Pls confirm for your attendance for 2nd Meet Up.

1. wong_se (confirmed)
    2. tomshen ( ? )
    3. Sputnik ( ? )
    4. kingpin ( ? )
    5. Dlock ( ? )
    6. Jasonpgc ( ? )

Pls confirm for your attendance for 2nd Meet Up.

1. wong_se (confirmed)
    2. tomshen ( ? )
    3. Sputnik ( ? )
    4. kingpin ( ? )
    5. Dlock ( ? )
    6. Jasonpgc (confirmed)

Sorry next tues is no good for me. I'd a dinner. Can we try another day?

Default Next Meet

kingpin and wongse deserve another pat on their backs. They are so efficient. My pat on their backs will be hard!!!

Okie...i can make it for the next meet. Seems kingpin cannot. BTW, do we need to bring cash for the air tickets. I prefer to pay by card.....let me know.

David lock

There are 2 options. Either I pay and collect for all. Or those of you who want to collect direct from agent then you can go and pay them. Those who would like me to pay and collect for you please let me know. Think I'll do this quickly by this week, maybe Sat.

KingPin,

If possible, please pay and collect for me. I will pay by hard cash when we meet

Ideally, it would be the best for kingpin to pay and collect the ticket for us.

Only if kingpin feels that he is comfortable for doing so, consider that we only meet once.

Collecting the ticket by ownself would give u an opportunity to check your name, and the flight detail before it is too late to make any amendment.

kingpin, thanks for the offer. But I would believe that since we have the reference quote, travel agent address and contact, I would prefer to go there and make the payment.

That will take off part of your risk. What do u guys prefer ?

Or May be we can meet up somewhere near the travel agent office on Tuesday (instead of Peninsula Plaza) and collect the ticket together whereas since kingpin has a dinner on that day, he can make his own arrangement on the coming weekend ?

David, of course we can pay by card. but I believe the agent might charge u 2% for that.

btwe, since there are so many adventurous activities involved during the trip attached is the link for travel insurance. Cheap way to get protection. http://www.airfares.com.sg/2_tr_insure.htm
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 16th July 2003 at 03:50 PM.

I'm comfortable to do that. But can't meet this coming Tues. I'll go this Sat morning to settle the lot. Can we meet on Sat?

Great! thx for the efficient work! Pls pay for me in advance and I will collect it later. This sat I cannot make it. Another time?

Ok. Sat out for Tomshen and Tues out for me. Suggest either Mon or Wed evening, both are ok with me.

I am ok for either Mon or Wed evening.

Default Confirm your names.

I'd PMed all of you. Please check if your name is correct and is the one you want printed on the ticket. If correct, u can either PM or just say yes here. If u want a change please PM or email me. Would appreciate a confirmation by Fri so that I can collect the tickets on Sat. Thanks.

Default Travel insurance

Does anyone know if the travel insurance covers camera equipment? It'll cost more than the entire trip and more.

Default Travel Insurance

Yes kingpin... it does cover up to $500 for the standard package. However if you want to insure more...you will need to itemize your equipment and attach a value to it. Premiums are a certain $$ per $1000 insured. I can find that out for you. Anyway, i shall show you guys the package for our nepal trip. You decide then how you want to cover your equipment.

David

Default Collection of tickets

OK, I'll collect for Tom, Jason and Alex by tomorrow.
    Michael - u have confirmed u will do it yourself.
    David- I take it u will get it your self.
    Agent confirmed they will charge 2 or 3% more if u pay by credit card.

Default ticket collection

no ..no..kingpin. please collect on my behalf. I will pay you cash.

regards,
    david lock

Default Next meeting

Can we meet this coming Wed 23/7 evening? Except for Sputnik who is overseas are the rest ok?

I am ok.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast