Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Nepal trip: Anyone interested?

Body not so important, I'm look at weight. A new trusty EOS 300 or 300v would be nice

Me too weak, I would rather use my energy to carry heavy lenses than heavy bodies.

Sputnik, you so fit can help carry the 190 for me

you not bringing your eos30 meh? ... if not using sell me loh...
    hahaaha

oh yah .. gotta ask u teach me shoot slides....
    i'd think nepal would be a wonderful place to learn

your tripod not as heavy as an 84 Carl Gustaf right? ...
    pity those 84 gunners man ....

btw mr Jason .... dun pray pray... u look much fitter than me ...

cheers

Michael, excellent work! Appreciate!!

In this case, I will bring more gears ... tripod, two lenses, 3 bodies including underwater casing...

Landscape and still life no problem lah, got lots of tricks in my pocket

When it come to street shooting, it is me who need to learn from you people

Reminder : Pls dun over estimate your fitness.

Pls bear in mind that ; -
    We dun want to leave u behind.
    We dun want to wait for u too long.
    We dun want to help u to carry your gear.

Make sure u bring along what u are able to carry for at least 6 hours.

Guess we should try to hike aroud Bukit Timah or MacRittchie Resevoir Nature Trek. If we could not even hike there for at least few hours, forget about bringing along all your gear.

Since I did manage to negotiate for a better price, we can use that savings to hire a Nepalese porter. I guess for a one way trip it might only cost SGD15.

Michael - great job. No call from the sisters, so assume not on.

All - can't confirm the flight out on 12 yet. Coming back on 21 is firm. Going to BKK on 9 is firm for 2 of us. Had been pushing agent every day. Agent indicate this week.

Will bring long zoom as well. Coverage from 18 to 400 mm with my 3 zooms and 2x TC. Will bring 1 nikon body. Still trying to decide to bring a MF RF along. If so it will replace the small ricoh. Yes I'll bring my tripod and even a monotrek. At least there are 3 of us using 35 mm slides and film, 1 on 120 slides and 2 on digital. Waah Nikon, Canon, Fuji and Rollei???
    Once we finalise the tickets and itinerary, we can meet to discuss equipment (camera & trekking) and film. Suggest we can pack some equipment like film, tripod and flash together and check these through.

Jason - started training already, want to try hike up Bukit Timah with your pack?

Not a problem to me. I carry heavier setup during weekend shoot (e.g. 70-200, 50-500, 16-35, 2 bodies, flash, tripod etc.). Also carried similar weight up to the Mt. Kinabalu before.

Kinpin: I may or may not be with you in Thailand, depending on your and my schedule. I will stay in my friend's place. She will arrange some girls (Japanese, Korean, and Burmese) for me to shoot but not sure if I have enough time...

ticket...ticket....ticket........when can I get u

Originally posted by kingpin
    Michael - great job. No call from the sisters, so assume not on.
    Jason - started training already, want to try hike up Bukit Timah with your pack?
    No problem, how about everyone of us try stuffing the heaviest possible load we wanted to take for the trekking and we all try to walk all the path available on Bt Timah?

everyone of us try stuffing the heaviest possible load we wanted to take for the trekking and we all try to walk all the path available on Bt Timah?
    No need lah for everyone.
    I am only equipped with s602 and a TC in my beltpack.

Originally posted by tomshen
    Kinpin: I may or may not be with you in Thailand, depending on your and my schedule. I will stay in my friend's place. She will arrange some girls (Japanese, Korean, and Burmese) for me to shoot but not sure if I have enough time...
    Ahem, seem like u have more interesting program in BKK than I have. I have promised some friends to visit them and to go shopping and take pics. So u firm on 9 to BKK? Will see if we can meet up in BKK, otherwise will see u at airport.

Pls bear in mind that, the trekking is on Day 7. After rafting and all the activities in Chitwan national Park, we may be partially exhausted.

I think the itinerary does cover a lot of places and adventurous activities within 10 days.

Be prepared to face the fitness challenge .......

Originally posted by kingpin
    Ahem, seem like u have more interesting program in BKK than I have. I have promised some friends to visit them and to go shopping and take pics. So u firm on 9 to BKK? Will see if we can meet up in BKK, otherwise will see u at airport.
    We shall settle this issue later. Still can go out together if we stay not too far away.

Default when is next meeting?

just wondering any more briefing?
    is everything confirmed?
    anymore additions allowed?

additions are always welcome ...
    provided if we can get the air tickets....

and if you are happy with our arrangments...

we are in the process of acquiring the tickets the tickets ... and if you are interested... please send a pm to wong_se who is the kind gentlemen that organise this event....
    while kingpin is the one to look for when you want to ask about ticket booking

PS: we are doing this because we share the same interests ... we gain friendship from this trip ... and not profits...

till our next frutiful meeting

cheers

I think the next meet up will be held when we have the flight confirmed. Seems now everything is more or less settled besides of the departure flight.

by then, it may be a bit too late for u to join us. The major concern is having dfficulties for flight booking.

Cheers, may be u can meet up with me during next SEED. I will be there.

Default Flights still on waitlist

Had been pushing agent but they are not able to get any seats for 12 Oct yet. But agent is confident. Know all of us are anxious to confirm the tickets so that we can proceed with the rest of the arrangements. I'll wait till Mon and if agent still can't confirm i'll try another.
    For those CSers who are thinking of joining us, please decide soon. Right now issue is tickets on the dep date of 12 Oct. The rest are confirmed. Don't feel shy. None of us in this group know each other before hand except perhaps for Tomshen and Wong_se. Its an interesting group with 2 main interests - photography and Nepal.

Default Nepal Trip

Right you are kingpin. We are all photog nuts....i don't even know whether i can still smoke my ciggies up there....without fainting from the lack of oxygen but I will certianly lug my photo gear....

Just went to cathay to check out some graduated nds...the slip on types...corkin P. Was tempted by the Lee ones...they are very impressive but CP has no graduated NDs for the Lee brand.

Graduated NDs will help to solve your bright snow tops and dark foreground contrast problems. Not even the best camera in the world can resolve that...so guys ...think about the corkins....a cheap way to beat the contrast problems of the mountain scenes. Do not buy those round types that will screw on to your cameras...they don't work...even if they did...its much too contrived. So forget it....

Well here is one of my contributions for the trip. Consider it guys. Otherwise you have to wait your turn for me to finish and then have a go with my corkins. I will be like an old lady...everything manual. Sorry.

Ya was thinking to get the NDs. U have the 2 stop and 3 stop NDs? Hard edge? Bring them next time we meet.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast