Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Nepal trip: Anyone interested?

As mention earlier, each one has to compromise to be together for a group trip. ie, I may only like to shoot old buildings, it would make me boring if going up to mountain trekking, ie I may only like wildlife shooting in nature forest, visiting old palace without many animal to shoot would also make me feel bored.

If we are willing to compromise for each other, let us be together to enjoy. If one self interest could not be sacrified at any cost, then he/she can go to arrange alone.

Btw, I am working on another itinerary which will include a trekking for 1-2days. Let me come back tomorrow. I need to choose a good trekking location, which is not too far apart from the route as according to my prototype itinerary.

But , this will extend the trip to 10D9N. If one choose to extended stay 2 day in Bangkok, it will will be a 13-14day trip. I am more concern that since it is near year end, probably we might have utilised almost all of the year 2003 leave. That's why I did not make a trip that would require us to take too many days off.

Nothing is solid. Just put down your name if u are interested to further discuss on the trip.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 18th June 2003 at 01:35 PM.

Great job, Wong Se. U in travel biz? U may wish to look at a slightly longer trek to go near the base camp. I'd no problem with leave. I can be away for 3 plus weeks. Will extend stay in BK.
    Last edited by kingpin; 17th June 2003 at 10:34 PM.

Default Count me in

I am keen for any form of photography tour from now till end of August.

ANyone or group who is keen to look for extra member for their trip pls lemme know as I cannot find kakis who are into touring and photography.

Hi Kingpin,

Just like to travel and organise tour for myself. Since I am doing the preparation now, might as well post onto forum and let those who are interested to join. Hopefully I can also learn some travel photographying tips from senior CS.

I am not in any travel business. No worries, I am not tour agent. Will introduce myself more during meet up.

U can be away from office for 3 weeks ?

I am doubt there is many of us having that kind of freedom.

How much cheaper is it to arrange direct with Nepalese agent? Reliable?

Are u comparing between directly contact with Nepalese agent and local agent in Singapore ??

FYI, the 8D7D tour that I suggested is USD250 (offered by http://www.buddhatreks.com) Whereas http://www.eaw.com.sg offeres 7D6N package (with hotel providing breakfast) at USD500.

Not only the cost is the concern factor. Contact with the Nepales agent would give u more flexibility.

They can always tailor made an itinerary that suit what u want. Or any preferred hotel.

If u contact the local agent, they might not be able to help. or they might not be able to give u the answer instantly.

I might be wrong though. U can check out yourself with the local agent contact that I provided earlier.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 18th June 2003 at 01:41 PM.

Good. That's a big difference. The hotels on your itinerary looks good. Great. Will do the 8 day trek too.

those hotels that are on my suggested itinerary do "look" comfortable and nice. (had checked out before having guts enough to recommend to CS) Of course I do not say that they indeed "are" very nice, since I have not been there myself, could not give such a comment.

I think the hotels' website, the info given , the picture taken and the facility associated with, had said a good word for themselve.

It is up to us to judge. Personally, I find it indeed very good. And I am even surprised that USD250 for 7night could have such a nice hotel. Wat do u think, kingpin ??
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 18th June 2003 at 01:42 PM.

Looks good. Can check with the Buddha travel agent?

Feel free to gather as much as info if necessary. I have only 1 right hand to click on mouse, more hands will of course help to dig out more info from the web.

Are u going to SEED ? or may be we can ask those who had expressed themselve to have interest to meet up.

Btw, TomShen, been quiet wholeday ????

I am now working on to extend the prototype itinerary by 2 days, which will include trekking activities.

Basically, there are 3 options to go for, classified by its level and brief itinerary are as follows,

Tough (extend the trip to 10D9N)
    Day 3 - Hiking around the village in Nagarkot, explore the village surroundings and Nepalese daily activities & over night in Nagarkot.
    Day 4 - Trekking for 8 hours to Chisopani and over night in teahouse
    Day 5 - Trekking for 4 hours to one of the corner of Kathmandu and drive back to Kathmandu
    Day 6 - Follow the prototype itinerary and proceed to Chitwan

Moderate (extend the trip to 10D9N)
    Day 3 - Hiking around the village in Nagarkot, explore the village surroundings and Nepalese daily activities & over night in Nagarkot.
    Day 4 - Trekking for 6 hours to Dhulikhel another Newari old town as well as nice view point same as Nagarkot and over night there.
    Day 5 - Hiking around in the morning and drive back to Kathmandu by noon.

Moderate (extend the trip to 9D8N)
    Day 3 - Drive to Sankhu an old Newari Town and hiking to Nagarkot for 4 hours. Over night at Nagarkot
    Day 4 - Hiking around the village in Nagarkot, explore the village surroundings and Nepalese daily activities & over night in Nagarkot.
    Day 5 - Trekking back to Changu Narayan Temple, one of the oldest temple in Kathmandu which is from 6th century and drive back to Kathmandu

As most of u might be carrying the heavy equipment, ie, D100 with battery grip and tripod, the Tough option seems to be a bit physical demanding. Unless u are well prepared (trained) before the tour, or u are physical ready (just release from NS) , some may find it too much.

I, personally will go for either Moderate or Easy. What do u prefer?

Tempting tempting *drool*

The payment procedure to the Nepalese agent is as follows,

25% paid for reservation via bank transfer. (=USD250*.25)
    75% paid on arrival.

They prefer to be paid in USD, but would also accomodate SGD transfer.

For the flight to Kathmandu, of course we would have to buy the ticket via local agent in Singapore.

Had checked out with Thai Airway, it would be slightly cheaper to buy from travel agent rather than directly from Thai Airway.

However, Thai Airway will absorb the 3% charges if paid by credit card (which I normally do so since the credit card company would provide travel insurance ) whereas travel agent won't.

www.zuji.com.sg and www.misatravel.com are quoting around SGD650-680 (exclude airport tax and flight insurance)

Pls feel free to put down your enquiry here if there is area that I had not covered.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 19th June 2003 at 11:05 PM.

The hike is at best moderate. Don't think it is tough. How did u work out the 10D and 9D duration? The options all start on day 3 and stop on day 6. Let u know if interested in this itinerary. In contact with eaw to see what they can do.

The itinerary file is saved in office PC. Will post the amended itinerary with add-in moderate trekking activities tomorrow.

Hi Everyone,

This sounds like an interesting trip. I can't afford to be away for month on end... and a week's worth of adventuring sounds really great...

Do keep me informed or drop me a note on how things are going.

judging from the looks of it 1.5k should cover the trip?

Regards

Hi Sputnik,

Nice to hear that there is more ppl showing their interests. I think once there is about 15 ppl who had shown their interest, we might need to organise a date to meet up for more solid discussion.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 19th June 2003 at 10:43 PM.

Pls note that the prototype (no trekking) itinerary of 8D7N (USD250) excludes visa fees, and food.

Nepal Visa is USD30. Food is not expensive at Nepal , unless we want to eat at good restaurant, ie. western food, chop, chicken burger etc. If we eat at local food stall (of which is really meant for local ppl) it would be very cheap. I am not too concerned about the cost, rather than the hygiene level. It is our choice to decide what type of restaurant we want, the tour guide would try their best to drive us there as long as the location is not too far away from the route.

Since going Nepal without trekking seems to be incomplete, I had worked out to extend the trip by 2days to 10D9N. (New itinerary would be posted tomorrow) This might cost additional USD50.

Estimatated cost for Nepal (include for local tour fees, food & visa) would be around USD500 or SGD 875, plus SGD730 (air ticket, airport tax, flight insurance) = SGD1600. It should be sufficient to cover the basic needs of the travel. Stop over at Bangkok is individual preference.

Thai Airway Flight to Kathmand is departing everyday. And we can arrive at Kathmandu anyday as we wish. The Nepalese agent has no problem to make the arrangement, this is provided that the reservation ought to be done 3 weeks before arrival.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 19th June 2003 at 11:08 PM.

have you guys heard of www.boac-online.com

they are a local company that offer alot of adventure tour ...
    if we have alot of ppl with the same interest ... in trekking .. keeping fit (prevent premature ageing .. haha) ... and photography... it will be a great way to kill 3 birds with on stone ...

i think it'll be great fun ... it sure beats working .. hahaa

cheers

all this talk is getting me interested! argh ...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast