Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 27101112

Thread: Nepal trip: Anyone interested?

Slide-Show on Nepal
    Enjoy an evening with Seng Hock, a passionate outdoor photographer, on a prelude to Nepal.
    Date: 22nd August 2003 (Friday)
    Time: 7.30pm
    Venue: Hotel Rendezvous
    Straits Ballroom 2 & 3
    9 Bras Basah Road
    (nearest MRT station: Dhoby Ghaut)
    Admission is FREE.

Get a Free S$100.00 Campers’ Corner Voucher when you sign up for any booking of Nepal trip with Country Holidays Travel Agency before 15th September 2003.
    *Promotion not applicable for NUS trips.

Event brought to you by: Country Holidays Travel Pte Ltd

Above is copy and paste from http://www.camperscorner.com.sg/.

I am not saying that Seng Hock is trying to sell the travel package. The slide show is brought by Country Holidays Travel Pte Ltd and , where they offer S$100.00 Campers’ Corner Voucher if u sign for Nepal Tour.

Since admission is free. Who pay for the ballroom rental ?

I believe that it is the travel agent and Campers’ Corner to sponsor the show and invite Seng Hock to do presentation. I am afraid that Seng Hock speak for 30mins, and travel agent has to rest of the 2 hour to promote thier Nepal tour package. This is already a well known marketing campagin in Singapore.

Wong_se,

I am not shopping for a trekking trip. But I would like have an excuse to get myself a pair of splash proof trekking shoe for this outing and all my weekly hiking activities.

I am also looking for the Water Proof bag that Kingping had mentioned the last time we met. It should be much lighter than a suitcase.

Jacket, chin chai lah, I have lots at home.

In Future, if we are going for an actually Nepal >20 Days Trekking Trip, then we'll go shopping for the Camping and Layering Stuff

actually next time can consider Cambodia... and visit those ruins there... just wanna see if it really looks like the scenes from mortal kombat .. or laura croft... .

oh yes.. we won't need to wear any padding there .. hahahaa

as kingpin said, one by one.

after nepal, my next destination is Tibet and Siam Reap (Cambodia).

If we can gel together pleasantly during Nepal trip, I believe we can also work out something together for the trips to Tibet, Cambodia, Kashmir, Bhutan, North India, Vietnam .....(list go on)

Slide-Show on Nepal
    Enjoy an evening with Seng Hock, a passionate outdoor photographer, on a prelude to Nepal.
    Date: 22nd August 2003 (Friday)
    Time: 7.30pm
    Venue: Hotel Rendezvous
    Straits Ballroom 2 & 3
    9 Bras Basah Road
    (nearest MRT station: Dhoby Ghaut)
    Admission is FREE.
    Hi fellow nepal trekkers or motley crew.

Anyone going for this event?

Default Sounds Interesting!

yeah....sounds interesting...i will go if someone goes...ru going kingpin?

david

ya but something cropped up which may make me late. i'll try to make it on time. so u go too?

Default prelude

I want to...but its a friday and there may be a few things a have to deal with at that time. I will confirm later..chances are i will be there.

david

sorry guys... can't go ...
    my part time course .. just started... now have lessons on mondays n fridays....

you guys go ahead.. and tell me how it went .. the next time we meet up

cheers

Hmmm anyone else????

Sorry cannot join u guys, I will shoot something tomorrow night.

Not going too

Looks like Kevin was the only one who went for the talk. Shd meet up to discuss and Kev can fill us in about about the talk. Also can do some shopping too for those who need to get some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin
    Looks like Kevin was the only one who went for the talk. Shd meet up to discuss and Kev can fill us in about about the talk. Also can do some shopping too for those who need to get some stuff.
    Yeah.. I was there last Fri for abt 1hr slides show. the scenery and photos were nicely taken. Excellent location for trekking,beautiful lake and mountains scenery.
    Anyway, should we meet up this coming Sat for quick chats and doing shopping after? I have got some brochures on the places to visit from the talk. Also some recomendation trips on few exotic places such as Vietnam and Cambodia.. What do you guys think?
    Oh yeah, there is a promotion at Camper's corner on the Lafuma Midway jacket @$169. It's water proof, windproof and breathable.

Can't this Sat. U guys go ahead.

Let me be the

We've come to the end of August, times up for all pending members, No Physical Air Ticket = Not Going

We should fix the group size and proceed with our remaining agenda.

Wong_se, maybe you can send us all an email regarding the next meeting and the "To be Done" items.

Wong_se, maybe you can send us all an email regarding the next meeting and the "To be Done" items.
    Sure, no problem. I have made an arrangement with Kelvin and we will be doing the money transfer to the travel agent by next Tuesday.

On the other hand, I will also keep the agent in contact.

I will call for a meeting soon and to pay $$ back to Kelvin as well.

Since Jason has announced to close the group, I will suggest to change the format of communication from this thread to your personal email.

New Nepal Visa Regulations!
    Message from Pabil Treks, an established trekking company in Nepal on the New Regulations for Visa.

This is to inform you all new regulation introduced by His Majesty
    Government in order to promote the tourism sector of Nepal.

Saarc countries (like: India, Bhutan, Srilanka, Pakistan, Maldives, Banladesh) and Mainland China will not require visa to enter Nepal.
    Visa is not required for Foreigners apart from the above mentioned countries, if their visit in Nepal is only for 3 days.
    Foreigner whose previous stay in Nepal is only 15 days and return Nepal in the same year then he/she won't be requiring visa.
    A liaison officer is not required for places like; Humla, Upper Mustang and Darcula's Bes region.
    Places like Upper Manang's Nar and Fu region are open for foreigners.

Contact person: Nawang.
    Pabil Treks Pvt. Ltd.
    GPO Box 2607, Kamal Pokhari, Kathmandu, NEPAL.
    Tel: 977-1-418532 / 416409 Fax: 977-1-419692

E-Mail: pabil@mail.com.np

Website: www.view-nepal.com/pabiltrek or www.pathtonepal.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stefen
    seng hock is the singapore mountaineering federation president.

Don't think he will selling travel packages to you, since he has a full time job outside....don't know about campers corner itself though.

his pics are alright, and have seen them everynow and then.
    SMF's president is Yip Seck Hong... different person.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 27101112