Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast

Thread: Nepal trip: Anyone interested?

Ya I'm keen on Tibet too. Next one on the list. Then might go back to trek in Nepal next yr in Oct. But one at a time.

Default Vaccination Updates

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin
    Ya I'm keen on Tibet too. Next one on the list. Then might go back to trek in Nepal next yr in Oct. But one at a time.
    Hello...i did send all of you an email with an attachement with regards to the vaccination details. ..who didn't get it? Let me know i will resend.

Quote Originally Posted by dlock
    Hello...i did send all of you an email with an attachement with regards to the vaccination details. ..who didn't get it? Let me know i will resend.
    Hi David, I din get mine.. can u send it to :
    kevtan@bloomberg.net. Thanks!

Didn't get it too, pse re-send. Thanks.

I didn't get it too. Please resend me the copy

Quote Originally Posted by kingping
    jason - wanna to coord the day out for trekking stuff?
    Choose your date, any day will do for me, sputnik you want to go shopping with us?

shopping ?... go where shopping ? .. queensway is it ? ...

mr lock .. never receive your email leh .... only got the WD-40 email from mr Foo... heehehe

guess what... my few month old Nike ACG trekking shoe ... become "crocodile" .. wonder why so new also can like that... gotta go mister minute to get it repaired.... if not gotta wear army gotex boots liao.. hahaa

I also dunno where

But, can I presume you're going?

Depending on what u are, there are a few places - 3 in or near Peninsula where CP is, one in Adephi and one in Chinatown Point. These stock a full range of trekking equipment and clothing. Not sure if there are others. If u are looking for backpacks and sandals then Queensway is ok. Other than that better to try the others. Can go to Peninsula area and walk over to Adephi. Suggest u do some research over net as there are many models and price range for trekking boots and clothing.
    Try www.camperscorner.com.sg for the one near Peninsula, along Stamford Rd, the others don't have website.

Default Slide show on Nepal

Hey guys, I just saw this on the camperscorner website. There is a slide show on Nepal on Fri 22 Aug at Rendezvous Hotel, Straits Ballroom 2 & 3, at 1930. Admission free. I'll be going. Anyone else??? Can meet earlier for quick dinner.

actually.. if you guys dun mind the look .. the new gortex boots bought at the local e-mart... during your reservist is quite comfy... was very suprised at its weight and its waterproof qualities.... when i went for my bloody atec .... anyway... i heard to get the same gotex material on your regular trekking boots... you'd probably have to pay 300 plus for a pair....

actually i am looking for a backpack .. (eyeing on a 50litre lafuma one i saw at queensway) ... and maybe some other knick knacks....

hmmm that slide show on nepal sounds interesting ... if i can get away from work ... i'll be going man !!!

see howz

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik
    was very suprised at its weight and its waterproof qualities....
    If this boot can go through infantry ATEC with you, it should be very durable. Which E mart? I want to buy too

i bought it when i went back to Gul camp for my ITC .. got it from the e-mart there ... i bought two pairs... cos... we hardly use our two years worth of credits... and that seems like the only thing worth buying ...
    the price is also pretty amazing too for gortex stuff.... 108 buckeroos

gotta stretch your tax paying dollars sometimes... hehehee

the shoe ... plus ... red bull help us all pull through... ATEC ... hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik
    i bought it when i went back to Gul camp for my ITC .. got it from the e-mart there ... i bought two pairs... cos... we hardly use our two years worth of credits... and that seems like the only thing worth buying ...
    the price is also pretty amazing too for gortex stuff.... 108 buckeroos

gotta stretch your tax paying dollars sometimes... hehehee

the shoe ... plus ... red bull help us all pull through... ATEC ... hahaha
    They never Issue me my Army Smart Card

you can use your i/c or driver's licence to buy ....

this is one of the few times in your life that u can use these cards to buy anything ... so dun be shy .. use it .. haahaha

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin
    Hey guys, I just saw this on the camperscorner website. There is a slide show on Nepal on Fri 22 Aug at Rendezvous Hotel, Straits Ballroom 2 & 3, at 1930. Admission free. I'll be going. Anyone else??? Can meet earlier for quick dinner.
    I am in.. where should we meet? I probably can't make it for dinner, but I 'll turn up at the hotel.

Btw, who is coordinating the shopping trip? when? next week? count me in OK! I need to buy lots of stuffs... Trekking shoes, Backpack, jackets etc.. So, remember to give a buzz when u guys are going.. Cheers

Meet at the Hotel for the slide show for those who can't make dinner.

Default Slide-Show on Nepal

Slide-Show on Nepal
    Enjoy an evening with Seng Hock, a passionate outdoor photographer, on a prelude to Nepal.
    Date: 22nd August 2003 (Friday)
    Time: 7.30pm
    Venue: Hotel Rendezvous
    Straits Ballroom 2 & 3
    9 Bras Basah Road
    (nearest MRT station: Dhoby Ghaut)
    Admission is FREE.

I am interested for the Slide-Show on Nepal too. However, since the show is free and at hotel, I sense that it would be another marketing campaign by the tour agent. Anyway, kingpin, can u pls check out their package as for a comparison in terms of pricing, place to visit, hotel and variety of acitivity. Just for benchmarking to ours.

shopping for trekking equipment (my humble opinion)

1)unless u really need a backpack to accomodate your trip in future, or else dun waste money to buy a backpack just only for this trip. I dun believe in anytime u need to carry the backpack along with u. we are not backpacking. during trekking, the bus will transport our luggage from hotel to hotel. Rest of the time, our luggage will be leaving behind in the hotel.

2) trekking shoes - Though we are only having a half day trekking, a pair of trekking shoes is also needed when u are at jungle safari/walk. Could imagine other places to visit are not well maintained with proper cement surface. A high-cut, water proof trekking shoe is necessary.

3) jacket - unless we are doing a real trekking trip, ie to Mt Everest Base Camp or 11day Annapurna trek, a high-end trekking jacket is not necessary. It could be another burden to carry while u are with your camera equipmen and water bottle.

Pls correct me If I am wrong.

seng hock is the singapore mountaineering federation president.

Don't think he will selling travel packages to you, since he has a full time job outside....don't know about campers corner itself though.

his pics are alright, and have seen them everynow and then.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast