Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 589101112 LastLast

Thread: Nepal trip: Anyone interested?

Pls confirm for your attendance for 2nd Meet Up, 23-July, Wednesday, 7.00pm, Peninsula Plaza Food Court.

1. wong_se ( ok )
    2. tomshen ( ok )
    3. Sputnik ( overseas )
    4. kingpin ( ok )
    5. Dlock ( ? )
    6. Jasonpgc ( ? )

Pls confirm for your attendance for 2nd Meet Up, 23-July, Wednesday, 7.00pm, Peninsula Plaza Food Court.

1. wong_se ( ok )
    2. tomshen ( ok )
    3. Sputnik ( overseas )
    4. kingpin ( ok )
    5. Dlock ( ? )
    6. Jasonpgc ( ok )

Default Next Meet

1. wong_se ( ok )
    2. tomshen ( ok )
    3. Sputnik ( overseas )
    4. kingpin ( ok )
    5. Dlock (ok )
    6. Jasonpgc ( ok )

Default Tickets collected

Hi guys, I'd collected the tickets for all except Michael. Will give them to you tomorrow.

Dear all, Can we have another meeting when Alex is back?

I feel we need to finalised the arrangements.

Sure , of course we need to meet up.

Since the 1st meet up (i missed the 2nd one) I have lots to update. And i will propose another agent, cheaper and better hotel. The itinerary remains unchanged.

I also have some very closed friends who will/might join us from Taiwan. They are all pretty girls. Tom, u might want to do Taiwan girl portrait shoot in nepal. Guess u need to have 40gb harddisc to bring along.

When Alex is back ? Any idea (may be next week) ?

Nevermind, I will give me a call.

Default Meeting

Yes agree. Think sputnik is back by this week end. Sputnik?????

Suggest we meet up on Tues 5 Aug.

wong_se - are they joining us at Kathmandu or Bangkok?

I will join Taiwanese friend in bangkok on 10-Oct.
    they, of course, will come along with us to nepal.

hello everyone .. i am back

wrong info ... i was not overseas... but was in reservist for a high key exercise... 12 days

after a couple of days in the field .. bitten buy mosquitoes n all sorts of insects .. i am back .. hehee

i am okie for a meeting anytime now...

oh yeah .. kingpin .. gotta pay you the marnee too ...

cheers

Alex

PS: mental note .. gotta brush up on my crappy mandarin .. since have taiwanese ppl around ... hahahaa

Sputnik- Welcome back from reservist.

Ok guys, can we meet on Tues at 7? Suggest we meet somewhere else. How about basement of Raffles City - think there's a Burger King there.

wong_se - can u go through the itinerary and the arrangements made.

1. kingpin
    2. sputnik

1. kingpin
    2. sputnik
    3. tomshen

1. kingpin
    2. sputnik
    3. tomshen
    4. jasonpgc

1. kingpin
    2. sputnik
    3. tomshen
    4. jasonpgc
    5. dlock

btw wong se...you can go through the new program and of course our new tour mates. hmm....it gets better all the time...

Default Update (post loss of thread)

Since a portion of this thread (from 3 Aug to 10 Aug) was lost, I'll summarise an update for those who are following this development.

There are now 7 of us with Kevtan just joining us last wk. He is trying to get his ticket. 4 more from Taiwan are keen and trying to get tickets. We will have a large group of 11 if all are confirmed.

Our itinerary is firm:

Day 01 (D) 12 Oct 03
    Arrival at Trivuban International Airport at 12.40pm & transfer to hotel. After check-in, visit Boudha Stupa at Tibet Town, Charumati Shrine at Chabahil and Pasupati-Nath Temple at Devpattan by the pure Bagmati River. Evening: Cultural program and welcomed dinner.
    Hotel : Hotel Vaishali

Day 02 (B/L) 13 Oct
    Drive from Kathmandu to Raft starting point, Charaudi, 82 km. After briefing by your raft guide, the raft trip commences around 11 a.m. After a short while we hit class 3 rapid called "Twin Rock" and other rapids and then stop for lunch. After lunch, we resume our river trip and hit rapids called "Upset" and "Surprise" which are of Class 3 & 4. At around 3 to 3.30 p.m. we conclude our day trip and hot drink will be served at the ending point and drive to Pokhara and stay overnight.
    Hotel : Hotel Moonlight

Day 03 (B) 14 Oct
    Morning drive to Sarangkot hill (about 30 minutes) to view sunrise over the Himalayan range. Sightseeing tour to old Pokhara city and Davi's falls . Evening boating on Phewa Lake Overnight at hotel in Pokhara.
    Hotel : Hotel Moonlight

Day 04 (B/L/D) 15 Oct
    Drive to Chitwan National Park (136 km.) for about 3 and half hours, south East of Pokhara. Upon arrival briefing on
    Jungle activities. After lunch, starts jungle activities as per resorts program. Dinner and overnight at jungle resort.
    Hotel : Baghmara Wildlife Camp

Day 05 (B/L/D) 16 Oct
    Observing the wild lives at Royal Chitwan National Park with activities ie, elephant back safari, jungle walk, canoeing, bird watching, village visit, cultural program.
    Hotel : Baghmara Wildlife Camp

Day 06 (B) 17 Oct
    Morning: Wildlife seeing, boating in the river for the reptiles, wood walk, etc. Lunch break. Drive 4-5 hour back to Dhulikhel
    Hotel : Dhulikhel Lodge Resort

Day 07 (B) 18 Oct
    One way trekking for 6 hours from Dhulikhel to Nagarkot. Late noon, walk around the village surroundings to see the Nepalese daily activities. At night, horse riding to explore the village surroundings.
    Hotel : Hotel View Point

Day 08 (B) 19 Oct
    Early wake up for the sunrise view (photo shooting), walk down to Changu Narayan Temple, it is one of the oldest temple from 6th centuries. It takes about 3 hours drive journey to visit Bhaktapur - one of the Queen Cities & drive 1hour back to Kathmandu and over night.

Day 09 (B/D) 20 Oct
    Full day sightseeing of 2 queen cities of the Great Valley including Kantipur, Lalitpur.
    After lunch, proceed to Kirtipur---the City of Glory atop a hill famous for Buddhist monasteries, Hindu temples and cottage industries, Trivuban University---the first university of the kingdom, Chovar Gorge, etc. Night : Farewell dinner.

Day 10 (B) 21 Oct
    Final check out & last minute shopping. Transfer to Trivuban Airport for the international departure. Flight at 1.35pm.

Final cost for land trip is USD280.

wong_se - any more updates?
    jason - wanna to coord the day out for trekking stuff?
    dlock - vaccination updates?
    Last edited by kingpin; 11th August 2003 at 02:39 PM.

Thanks Kingpin for the summarize of our lost thread.
    Final update from myself.. my air ticket is confirmed.. I am going to pick up the ticket somewhere this week..

Kevtan - that's good news. That was fast, we took almost a month to get ours.

Now wait for the from taiwan.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin
    Kevtan - that's good news. That was fast, we took almost a month to get ours.

Now wait for the from taiwan.
    congratulation kelvin. U are with us now. can u pls PM me your number again.

I will confirm with u guys on my taiwan group. they have seats available but yet to have tickets on hand. Similiar situation with kevtan.

wong_se - are they keen photographers too?

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin
    wong_se - are they keen photographers too?
    they are like me, very amateur, but like to travel, and die die must go to nepal + tibet.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 589101112 LastLast