Thread: Going overseas!

samlim
    Guests

Question Going overseas!

hey guys!

i'm gonna be heading overseas to US for studies in a few months, ard september. thinking of getting a digicam to accompany my studies there, wondering if ur got any recommendations?

some things on my wish-list (in order of importance):

1. at least 3 MP, 3Xoptical zoom

2. small size, so i can carry it along with me when i go for trips, outings, or just to go kai-kai!

3. able to record movie clips (longer the better, unlimited lagi best! but if using MMC/SD/CF1 storage then unlimited quite no point la....)

4. can use as webcam (i noe this one quite hopeless but thot i'd try my luck see wats in the market, maybe ur noe something i dun)

5. thinking of learning to scuba, so if the cam has optional waterproofing gear would be good.

so far i've been playing ard with a nikon 995, having lots of fun and trying out some photo-shooting of my own, but still very amateurish, but hope to slowly develop my skill in photography (cannot too fast, no money to sustain... )

so... comments?

buy a film camera.

:P

feng

fuji ones can use as webcam i think

samlim
    Guests

Smile fuji as webcams...?

fuji ones can only videoconference with other fuji ones... thats the problem...

Default Re: fuji as webcams...?

Originally posted by samlim
    fuji ones can only videoconference with other fuji ones... thats the problem...
    i am using my fuji fp4800z for webcam with Yahoo! Msg.
    Olympus E-3 / E-500 / XA | Vivitar UWS
    Blog & Photos

Default Re: Going overseas!

Originally posted by samlim
    hey guys!

i'm gonna be heading overseas to US for studies in a few months, ard september. thinking of getting a digicam to accompany my studies there, wondering if ur got any recommendations?

some things on my wish-list (in order of importance):

1. at least 3 MP, 3Xoptical zoom

2. small size, so i can carry it along with me when i go for trips, outings, or just to go kai-kai!

3. able to record movie clips (longer the better, unlimited lagi best! but if using MMC/SD/CF1 storage then unlimited quite no point la....)

4. can use as webcam (i noe this one quite hopeless but thot i'd try my luck see wats in the market, maybe ur noe something i dun)

5. thinking of learning to scuba, so if the cam has optional waterproofing gear would be good.

so far i've been playing ard with a nikon 995, having lots of fun and trying out some photo-shooting of my own, but still very amateurish, but hope to slowly develop my skill in photography (cannot too fast, no money to sustain... )

so... comments?
    If you are going to stay for more than 1 year in US, consider buying the camera in US so that you can get the warranty service here. You can always sell it before you return and upgrade to a better cam later in Singapore.

Webcams don't cost much nowadays. So no point in compromising in the main camera to get web cam capabilities. Alternative is to get a USB video capture device (~US$49) and you can convert your digicam into a web cam by tapping the video out from the camera.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.