Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Good places to shoot

  1. #1

    Default Good places to shoot

    What places are nice for portraiture shoots? Where do you find lotsa greens, abundoned houses, beautiful sceneries etc?

    I'm trying to compile a list of good places....... Please help contribute to keep the list going.

  2. #2
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,008

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    There're tons of similar question on lists of places.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...ht=good+places
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...ht=good+places

    And so on. Seek your answers on the mighty 'SEARCH' and you shall find.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    Seems like the abundon houses are all heavily guarded now...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by Trashian View Post
    What places are nice for portraiture shoots? Where do you find lotsa greens, abundoned houses, beautiful sceneries etc?

    I'm trying to compile a list of good places....... Please help contribute to keep the list going.
    Botanic Garden
    FortCanning
    Fullerton Hotel
    Sentosa
    etc ...

  5. #5
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by Trashian View Post
    Seems like the abundon houses are all heavily guarded now...
    Since there is no economical benefit from old houses mostly they just erect a fence with funny signs. Haven't seen any guard at Matilda's House in Punggol. I guess they are after a more vivid target now

  6. #6

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    Anyway, how to access Furleton Hotel rooftop? I intended to shoot Empress Place from Furleton Hotel before, but don't know how.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    Hmmm going up the roof? That'll be interesting..... I also want to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by phan_vinh_nguyen View Post
    Anyway, how to access Furleton Hotel rooftop? I intended to shoot Empress Place from Furleton Hotel before, but don't know how.

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by phan_vinh_nguyen View Post
    Anyway, how to access Furleton Hotel rooftop? I intended to shoot Empress Place from Furleton Hotel before, but don't know how.
    just check in the hotel, and tell the hotel manage you want to go up the roof top to take some photos.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #9
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    just check in the hotel, and tell the hotel manage you want to go up the roof top to take some photos.
    serious?

  10. #10
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    serious?
    so you think anybody can just walk in the hotel to snap here and there?

    even you are their guest, there also some areas which don't allow you to shoot, I have couple requested using their suite for pre wedding shoot, the hotel comply, since my couple is their guest, but not allow to shoot in the main lobby area.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  11. #11

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    thanks catchlights, i didnt know that. i guess the next nearest place would be the esplanade roof. but the area there is undergoing renovations

  12. #12

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    Where are all the old houses?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    Where can I find those abundoned that are accessible by public transport?

    Also, where can I find those old shophouses for photoshoot?

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    454

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by Trashian View Post
    Where can I find those abundoned that are accessible by public transport?

    Also, where can I find those old shophouses for photoshoot?

    old shop house?

    Chinatown.. arab street.. seah street.. accessible places

  15. #15

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by anadivine View Post
    old shop house?

    Chinatown.. arab street.. seah street.. accessible places
    Jalan Besar area. Take a MRT and alight at Lavendar and walk to Jalan Besar. A lot of old houses, especially at Syed Alwi Road that side.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    good places to shoot are places that have been over shot man..try your house...like around your house..lots of stuff to shoot, for close ups....can make it real abstract if you play around with shadows and all that

  17. #17

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey View Post
    good places to shoot are places that have been over shot man..try your house...like around your house..lots of stuff to shoot, for close ups....can make it real abstract if you play around with shadows and all that
    Interesting suggestion. Thanks.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    Great ideas guys...

    What about those abundoned houses? I know there r some at seletar... but they r just so out of the way... anyone goes there by public transport???

  19. #19
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    Quote Originally Posted by Trashian View Post
    Great ideas guys...

    What about those abundoned houses? I know there r some at seletar... but they r just so out of the way... anyone goes there by public transport???
    do you know all this abundoned houses are either private or state property??

    the moment you enter it are consider trespassing, breaking the law.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  20. #20

    Default Re: Good places to shoot

    In other words, there is no places where there are abundoned houses where i can go photo taking lawfully?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    do you know all this abundoned houses are either private or state property??

    the moment you enter it are consider trespassing, breaking the law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •