Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: LCD monitors from DELL....

  1. #21

    Default Re: LCD monitors from DELL....

    Quote Originally Posted by baileys View Post
    Hello all!

    I wld like to clarify, for Dell ultrasharp monitors, there is dead pixel return policy (1 or more)! Not to mention the 30 days satisfaction policy.

    Currently there is no way to tell what type of (IPS/PVA) panel u will be getting when you order it.

    For more queries/questions you may PM me!
    Not exactly 1 dead pixel, but 1 bright pixel...i think.
    I'm using a 2408wfp.. colors are very good if properly profiled, by default it is too saturated with reds and green. However, a pva panel is a pva panel..color shift is pretty bad when u view the monitor from different angles/position...and this 1st version of the 2408wfp seem to have a slightly brighter left side of a few inch..just slightly..i'm not being anal about it..so far very good for photoediting..

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: LCD monitors from DELL....

    Quote Originally Posted by baileys View Post
    Hello all!

    I wld like to clarify, for Dell ultrasharp monitors, there is dead pixel return policy (1 or more)! Not to mention the 30 days satisfaction policy.

    Currently there is no way to tell what type of (IPS/PVA) panel u will be getting when you order it.

    For more queries/questions you may PM me!
    There is a database of widescreen monitors online available for various models and they DO STATE the panel used. Alternatively, you could aways google. That's how i did my research.

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    My monitor could only display 8bit colour..... not the better 16bit.
    Cheer up, its not end of the world. Ask yourself a question, are you going to make money from it or is it your full time job or does your job "die die" need the 100% colour accuracy for print proofing/DTP/CAD CAM.

    Edit:

    For those who want to find out more about WS LCD panels and whether its the IPS or PVA panels (and gaming - http://www.widescreengamingforum.com....php/Main_Page )
    Last edited by dEthANGeL; 17th April 2008 at 02:37 PM.

  3. #23

    Default Re: LCD monitors from DELL....

    The Dell Ultrasharps are very good quality. Did not realise how good until I recently got a Dell entry level 22" widescreen. Wah, quite a big difference in sharpness, colour fidelity and general eye comfort. The 22" is gathering dust while I continue to use my 19" ultrasharp.

    Anyway I find 22" a bit too wide for my liking. Not used to turning my head to the right and left when looking at a monitor!

  4. #24
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: LCD monitors from DELL....

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post
    The Dell Ultrasharps are very good quality. Did not realise how good until I recently got a Dell entry level 22" widescreen. Wah, quite a big difference in sharpness, colour fidelity and general eye comfort. The 22" is gathering dust while I continue to use my 19" ultrasharp.

    Anyway I find 22" a bit too wide for my liking. Not used to turning my head to the right and left when looking at a monitor!
    Ok..... thats very wide....

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  5. #25

    Default Re: LCD monitors from DELL....

    22" Ultrasharps are made with TN panels. In fact anything that is 22" in the market now is TN panels. That's why Dell 22" ultrasharp seemed to be much cheaper, in fact same price as the 2009WFP which is traditionally an IPS panel, if not PVA..avoid the 22"..get the 2009 or 2408. Heck if really want quality go for the mac ACD 20" or the nec 20 wuxi" which cost slightly cheaper than the dell 2408.

  6. #26

    Default Re: LCD monitors from DELL....

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    My monitor could only display 8bit colour..... not the better 16bit.
    I I've heard of some 10bit and 14bit ones but I don't know if there are any 16bit monitors out there available for us consumers...

    on the other hand, it is certainly possible to do imaging work on even a properly profiled 6bit monitor... people use their laptops all the time...

  7. #27
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: LCD monitors from DELL....

    Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    I I've heard of some 10bit and 14bit ones but I don't know if there are any 16bit monitors out there available for us consumers...

    on the other hand, it is certainly possible to do imaging work on even a properly profiled 6bit monitor... people use their laptops all the time...
    True..... till you have to do printing or send the photos to your contects...... and find out that the tone is all weird.....

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  8. #28

    Default Re: LCD monitors from DELL....

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    True..... till you have to do printing or send the photos to your contects...... and find out that the tone is all weird.....
    not really... if the monitor is properly profiled, the colours represented by the screen may not be as wide as that from a higher "bit" screen, but it should still be "correct" so when printed, should still look ok... as well, most current 6-bit screens should, with colour interpolation, be able to handle sRGB comfortably, and that should be good enough even for most commercial imaging... and arguably, for TN screens, the lousy viewing angles should affect movie watching more than doing imaging work, where the person working on the images should more or less be directly in front of the screen...

  9. #29

    Default Re: LCD monitors from DELL....

    Problem in color shifting is obvious when you have 2 person looking at the screen. You being the photog trying to sell your port folio or art work to ur client who is seeing a different color on the screen than what you r seeing. Also if the screen is really big, say 24-27", placing ur head centered to the screen will let u see color shift at the side of the screen. Only the middle portion of the screen is displaying the "correct" color. get an IPS screen if u r making a living out of photography and doing digital photo editing for serious jobs.

  10. #30

    Default Re: LCD monitors from DELL....

    Dear Guys,

    If money is not an issue. I find out those LCD by apple called cinema displays are quite good and accurate for precise imaging and video editing. I try comparing it ti a normal LCD TV and find out their color are the same.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: LCD monitors from DELL....

    Quote Originally Posted by tchoonyong View Post
    Dear Guys,

    If money is not an issue. I find out those LCD by apple called cinema displays are quite good and accurate for precise imaging and video editing. I try comparing it ti a normal LCD TV and find out their color are the same.
    ACD using the same panels as the ultrasharp series. Unless TS / buyers willing to pay premium, i'd still take the dell.

    LCD TV? Are you sure? Correct me if i'm wrong, but LCD TVs use lower grade panels and its not right to just compare a ACD to a LCD TV just like that without the proper colour profiling test tools.

  12. #32

    Default Re: LCD monitors from DELL....

    only the old 2007wfp & the 30 inchers are using IPS, same as ACD..the rest r either PVA or TN

  13. #33

    Default Re: LCD monitors from DELL....

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    ACD using the same panels as the ultrasharp series. Unless TS / buyers willing to pay premium, i'd still take the dell.

    LCD TV? Are you sure? Correct me if i'm wrong, but LCD TVs use lower grade panels and its not right to just compare a ACD to a LCD TV just like that without the proper colour profiling test tools.
    I think all ACDs are using IPS panels? I stand corrected on this though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •