Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: cf card case

  1. #1

    Default cf card case

    can someone recommend me a case that can at least hold 4 cf cards?(or more)

    the last time i got mine from CP, but apparently, they ran out of stock.
    TIA

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: cf card case

    using thinktank Pixel Pocket Rocket, able to hold 10 cards, that's the best I able to find.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3

    Default Re: cf card case

    where do i get one?and indicative price?

  4. #4
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: cf card case

    TK photo @ prince theater, I can't remember how much I paid, but price should be very close
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  5. #5

    Default Re: cf card case

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    TK photo @ prince theater, I can't remember how much I paid, but price should be very close
    thanks so much Ben.

  6. #6
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: cf card case

    Get a Prada or LV wallet to store these cards lor...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  7. #7

    Default Re: cf card case

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    thanks so much Ben.
    just realise these are not hard case wor.

    i would prefer hard case and airtight.


    zac....you buy for me can?the LV one....

  8. #8
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: cf card case

    [QUOTE=jeanie;3937069]just realise these are not hard case wor.

    i would prefer hard case and airtight.


    zac....you buy for me can?the LV one....[/QUOTE

    haiz... no money liao...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  9. #9

    Default Re: cf card case

    Eh...Jeanie, you 'newbie' ah? Hehehehe...

    Hard, lockable (generally) and fairly weather-resistant, crush/shock resistant - Pelican. Not sure if Doskocil has specially for memory cards, but you can check.

    http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=0940

    Actually got a lot more from all sorts of mfgs, but mostly in the US. Alternatively, search the IT media type stores in the US and UK. They have some beautifully made hard cases for mem cards. I still have my brushed satin aluminium 'vault' with hard purple rubber inserts but too bad for SD cards. These are generally not weather resistant though but some are damned chio looking.

    SG Pelikan dealer used to be in Beach Road (opp Golden Mile Complex. Not sure if still there). Can check the Pelican webbie. http://www.pelican.com/media/news/co...r_10_29_07.php

    CHEERS!
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 17th April 2008 at 01:23 PM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: cf card case

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Eh...Jeanie, you 'newbie' ah? Hehehehe...

    Hard, lockable (generally) and fairly weather-resistant, crush/shock resistant - Pelican. Not sure if Doskocil has specially for memory cards, but you can check.

    http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=0940

    Actually got a lot more from all sorts of mfgs, but mostly in the US. Alternatively, search the IT media type stores in the US and UK. They have some beautifully made hard cases for mem cards. I still have my brushed satin aluminium 'vault' with hard purple rubber inserts but too bad for SD cards. These are generally not weather resistant though but some are damned chio looking.

    SG Pelikan dealer used to be in Beach Road (opp Golden Mile Complex. Not sure if still there). Can check the Pelican webbie. http://www.pelican.com/media/news/co...r_10_29_07.php

    CHEERS!
    wah...u mock at me for being newbie ah?so sad.

    anyway, the pelican one beri chio!thanks so much.

    i didnt search for those US ones because i dont want to go through the hassle of ordering in.

  11. #11
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: cf card case

    may I know for what reason you prefer to have a hardcase for CF cards?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  12. #12

    Default Re: cf card case

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    may I know for what reason you prefer to have a hardcase for CF cards?
    airtight,waterproof, crush proof.

    i'm really a very 'chor lor' gal when i'm out with my gears.

  13. #13
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: cf card case

    if you want hard casing for abuse but not airtight and watertight. muji got a few small plastic casings. affordable and well built for normal and slight rough handling. i use it for my sd. very handy. think u can step on it also no problem.

    but maybe not if jeep run across. for that, look for pelican.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,196

    Default Re: cf card case

    I have one of these hard cases myself, unfortunately I got it quite a few years ago, and recently I've also been hunting for it but to no avail.

    Yesterday, I came across the next best thing: A Lowepro neoprene media wallet. Holds 6 CF cards, plus one spare pocket large enough to hold a PC card. Looks like it should provide adequate protection for your CF cards. If you worry, you can keep each CF card in its hard plastic case for additional protection.

    Check Orient Photo, Sim Lim Square. Costs $15.00
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

  15. #15

    Default Re: cf card case

    thanks for all recommendations.

    i'll check them all out.

  16. #16

    Default Re: cf card case

    Personally, I went for the Lowepro Filter Pouch at $18 instead of the card holder. Can hold lots more cards and other things as well. It's like a 3-fold bill-holder with 6 'compartments'.

    Jeanie, I saw John 3:16 carrying Pelican cases. You could try asking them if they could get the CF card holder for you if that's what you want.

    CHEERS!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •