Thread: Just got my gitzo 1228 mk2

Default Just got my gitzo 1228 mk2

Just got my gitzo 1228 today , order it from B&h , since cp no stock... 1 week arrived alrdy... It's an upgrade from my cheaplak 30 dolar tripod.. Still in the delema on which head to get... still saving my money ... so the 1228 still cannot used... Any one know why all the legs soo tight ... & it 's like carry a stone .. comparring to my 30 dolar tripod... & it take a while to set up the tripod maybe need to play around more with it .... ha?? can't imagine using the 13xx series tripod... any one know where to get a cheap bag/case for this tripod.. ??

Default Re: Just got my gitzo 1228 mk2

Just got my gitzo 1228 today , order it from B&h , since cp no stock... 1 week arrived alrdy...
    Congrats dude ... envy you... how much does b&h charge for shipping.. Me planning to get a telescope from them.. In Singapore they cost a bomb..

Any one know why all the legs soo tight ... & it 's like carry a stone .. comparring to my 30 dolar tripod... & it take a while to set up the tripod maybe need to play around more with it .... ha??
    I thought 1228 is CF tripod and weighs only 1.5kgs.. if you want to know what does "Carrying stones" mean then you should try my Manfrotto 055 + 141 combo (3.2kgs nett) ...

The cost of the G1228+shipping from BHPhotovideo is more than the cost of a G1325 at Cathay.

You should have bought a G1325 from Cathay and traded it with Darren's G1228

it 's more ..abt 100 more ..but can't wait .. for cp 's stock..

Total is 993 sgd ... that ( 833 for the tripod ) + 67 ( low column cf) + 93 for shiping..

Originally posted by Jack_Ryan
    Total is 993 sgd ... that ( 833 for the tripod ) + 67 ( low column cf) + 93 for shiping..
    Gitzo 1325 was under S$900 at CP when I last checked; seems like prices have gone up?