Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Nintendo DS 2 coming.

  1. #1

    Cool Nintendo DS 2 coming.



    What we heard: Three and a half years ago, Nintendo launched its DS handheld in North America. Just over two years ago, Nintendo released a streamlined version of the handheld, the DS Lite. Combined, both models of the handheld have sold over 18 million units in the US alone, according to the latest figures from the NPD Group. According to Enterbrain, the publisher of Famitsu magazine, the handheld has sold a whopping 27 million units in Japan.

    The handheld has also spawned yet another order in the cult of Nintendo hardware fetishists. True DS fanatics will often own multiple handhelds, either to color-coordinate their portables with their daily wardrobe or hoard unopened collector's editions so they can later sell them for nearly $300.

    Given the DS's widespread and rabid fan base, it's unsurprising that news of a new model would be gobbled up like a rump roast tossed into a tank of piranhas. And that's exactly what happened today when Bloomberg Japan ran a story bearing the headline, "New version of Nintendo DS a possibly at US trade fair - Enterbrain president."

    The piece covered a Tokyo press conference given by Enterbrain president Hirokazu Hamamura, who did indeed say "I think there is the possibility" of a new DS being unveiled at Nintendo's press conference at the E3 Media & Business Summit. Traditionally, Nintendo holds its conference the morning before the start of the expo, which runs from July 15 this year.

    Unfortunately, that's about all Hamamura said, other than lamenting how a new model wouldn't solve an ongoing DS shortage in the US and Europe. The Japanese game-industry consigliere didn't declare that he felt a new DS was a lock for E3 or that it was even likely to be at the event--just that it might be.

    The official story: Nintendo Japan told Bloomberg they "had nothing to announce," and Nintendo of America reps were unavailable for comment.

    Bogus or not bogus?: Nintendo loves tinkering with and repeatedly reissuing its hardware, as evidenced by the three versions of the DS's predecessor: the Game Boy Advance (2001), the Game Boy Advance SP (2003), and the ill-conceived Game Boy Micro (2005). So it's 100 percent not bogus that eventually there will be a redesign of the DS--a redesign that's apparently already been completed.

    Will it be unveiled at E3 '08? That's unclear. However, given the two-year lapse between the DS and the DS Lite, the time will definitely be ripe.

    Source are found here.
    http://au.gamespot.com/news/show_blo...action=convert

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Nintendo DS 2 coming.

    Anything is possible, but to fold like that, especially with the buttons exposed, makes very little sense, though it probably makes the fanatics crazy.

    I suppose it's time to generate some new interest as they've only added colour recently.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Nintendo DS 2 coming.

    it is possible you can rotate and fold in, so that the buttons won't expose..

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Nintendo DS 2 coming.

    There are only hinges and no rotation joints as shown in the picture...
    RICOH GRD I / II / III / IV / GR / GXR

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    卧龙岗
    Posts
    2,736

    Default Re: Nintendo DS 2 coming.

    the buttons are slightly recessed.. lowering the probability of damage?
    looks v.portable and tempting though..

  6. #6

    Default Re: Nintendo DS 2 coming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    There are only hinges and no rotation joints as shown in the picture...
    that is true

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Nintendo DS 2 coming.

    Maybe, if you can't find it, it transforms into a vehicle and finds you.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Nintendo DS 2 coming.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post


    What we heard: Three and a half years ago, Nintendo launched its DS handheld in North America. Just over two years ago, Nintendo released a streamlined version of the handheld, the DS Lite. Combined, both models of the handheld have sold over 18 million units in the US alone, according to the latest figures from the NPD Group. According to Enterbrain, the publisher of Famitsu magazine, the handheld has sold a whopping 27 million units in Japan.

    The handheld has also spawned yet another order in the cult of Nintendo hardware fetishists. True DS fanatics will often own multiple handhelds, either to color-coordinate their portables with their daily wardrobe or hoard unopened collector's editions so they can later sell them for nearly $300.

    Given the DS's widespread and rabid fan base, it's unsurprising that news of a new model would be gobbled up like a rump roast tossed into a tank of piranhas. And that's exactly what happened today when Bloomberg Japan ran a story bearing the headline, "New version of Nintendo DS a possibly at US trade fair - Enterbrain president."

    The piece covered a Tokyo press conference given by Enterbrain president Hirokazu Hamamura, who did indeed say "I think there is the possibility" of a new DS being unveiled at Nintendo's press conference at the E3 Media & Business Summit. Traditionally, Nintendo holds its conference the morning before the start of the expo, which runs from July 15 this year.

    Unfortunately, that's about all Hamamura said, other than lamenting how a new model wouldn't solve an ongoing DS shortage in the US and Europe. The Japanese game-industry consigliere didn't declare that he felt a new DS was a lock for E3 or that it was even likely to be at the event--just that it might be.

    The official story: Nintendo Japan told Bloomberg they "had nothing to announce," and Nintendo of America reps were unavailable for comment.

    Bogus or not bogus?: Nintendo loves tinkering with and repeatedly reissuing its hardware, as evidenced by the three versions of the DS's predecessor: the Game Boy Advance (2001), the Game Boy Advance SP (2003), and the ill-conceived Game Boy Micro (2005). So it's 100 percent not bogus that eventually there will be a redesign of the DS--a redesign that's apparently already been completed.

    Will it be unveiled at E3 '08? That's unclear. However, given the two-year lapse between the DS and the DS Lite, the time will definitely be ripe.

    Source are found here.
    http://au.gamespot.com/news/show_blo...action=convert
    tat 'DS 2' design is made by a fanatic.

    at least the DS 2 design is not that cyber! if only!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  9. #9
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: Nintendo DS 2 coming.

    alot of 3D graphic designers come out with various design. Wonder how true it is. Hehe.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Nintendo DS 2 coming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    tat 'DS 2' design is made by a fanatic.

    at least the DS 2 design is not that cyber! if only!!
    this so-called DS 2 design was circulating last year liao.......already dismissed as a fan-art
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

  11. #11

    Default Re: Nintendo DS 2 coming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    There are only hinges and no rotation joints as shown in the picture...
    well ds2 will come with hinges... and 1 year later, they add in rotation joints in ds2.5

  12. #12

    Default Re: Nintendo DS 2 coming.

    the build structure of this DS2 doesnt seem very sturdy. although i have to admit the screen is huge

  13. #13

    Default Re: Nintendo DS 2 coming.

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Maybe, if you can't find it, it transforms into a vehicle and finds you.
    transform into pistol better....so you can shoot someone in the face when someone stare at you while you are playing.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Nintendo DS 2 coming.

    if what i see is right, the 2 puny slots for speakers and placed so close together? erm.. i think even PSP speakers will be 10x better in this case.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •