Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast

Thread: Tang Shooters XXI: TCSS Thread...

Default Re: Tang Shooters XXI: TCSS Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by kuantoh View Post
    Got CSI one! Good for u... anyway i cant judge the reason for me buy a 1.2 lens when i have a 1.4. But the legend 55 1.2 is worth the money!
    mine will be arriving next week.
    40 km to 1 litre :p

This one already mod liao... this is the 1964 make... Rugged body! Good optics. Sibeh reasonable...
    Then worth it la...MTL...BBB...

Nice one!

Flashing is flash full body or flash upper body or flash lower body...
    Flashing is illegal in Singapore...
    Flashing is the act of flashing...
    Flashing can be done to opp sex only...
    Flasher is the person doing flashing...
    R u dare enuff to be a flasher doing flashing?
    You are a FLASHER!!

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    hmmm..wat brand of flash u using?
    I have about 4~5 flash lights... cannot remember liao... I think it is like SUNPAK or something like that.

I recently got a Sigma EF-500DG SUPER from a CS member not long ago... too complex for me liao... so far, I only use TTL and adjust the power to -1 or -2 if the power is too strong.

I tried to practice to get the subject half lighted by flash and half using natural light... still cannot control the moster well..

There are so much more feature to this monster. Network lah.. remote slave / master firing lah... I just never going to use it.

Member/Tangshooter

Got CSI one! Good for u... anyway i cant judge the reason for me buy a 1.2 lens when i have a 1.4. But the legend 55 1.2 is worth the money!
    I saw this lens too. Its Sharp n Contrasty, bokeh is excellent ... but some reviews claims that it is not so perfect... i am having mixed feeling to this one.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    I have about 4~5 flash lights... cannot remember liao... I think it is like SUNPAK or something like that.

I recently got a Sigma EF-500DG SUPER from a CS member not long ago... too complex for me liao... so far, I only use TTL and adjust the power to -1 or -2 if the power is too strong.

I tried to practice to get the subject half lighted by flash and half using natural light... still cannot control the moster well..

There are so much more feature to this monster. Network lah.. remote slave / master firing lah... I just never going to use it.
    Is ur SUNPAK the hammer flash type?

for the half lighted effects u got to do off camera flashing..u may oso need to DIY some accessories to narrow the light fall..try using a piece of black paper to make a snoot..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    You are a FLASHER!!
    Relaxed bro... I wont flash to u one... Rule #4 must be opp sex...

I saw this lens too. Its Sharp n Contrasty, bokeh is excellent ... but some reviews claims that it is not so perfect... i am having mixed feeling to this one.
    Hmm... i wont get lar... I letting u guys and anyone looking for 1.2 to consider... 300 is quite worth it. This guy is the guy that time who selling the 85 1.8 for 280 one... i tried to get from him but sold off liao that time.

U want talk something.. Let's talk something...Let's talk abt FLASH!!!

Since we r gonna do a Flash Outing tml nite..let's discuss abt flash..

How much do you guys know abt the different modes of flash?
    TTL? Manual? RPT? A/AA? Sync speed? Rear sync?

Share your views or knowledge here!
    I using EX580II........but only set it to ETTL....cos dunno how to use manual mode
    I also set rear sync in my cam.
    :vhappy:EOS400D

i usually take reviews with a pinch of salt. IMHO, it depends on the copy and the way the reviewers test the lens. also, since it is a made-for-film lens, maybe corner sharpness not there for digital FF bodies?

Relaxed bro... I wont flash to u one... Rule #4 must be opp sex...
    which model shoot are you going??

Been using single flash for few months.. only 2 weeks ago got another flash to do off camera.. still learning.. not easy
    You'll only live once. Just once.
    Portfolio | Tangshooters

Member/Tangshooter

Is ur SUNPAK the hammer flash type?

for the half lighted effects u got to do off camera flashing..u may oso need to DIY some accessories to narrow the light fall..try using a piece of black paper to make a snoot..
    Yes, it is the hammer flash type. There are 2 flash out-lets . One direct towards the subject ( small flash light ) and the other one (main, high power ) is able to bounce. Yes, I am also using a DIY white card-board to provide the bounce....

Somehow, the older flash are more straight forward to use... less complex.

If I am using the older flash light, I do not have any problems getting the right amount of lightings that I wanted ( 90% of the time ). But not with my new Sigma EF-500 DG, need more practice liao.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by pckee View Post
    I using EX580II........but only set it to ETTL....cos dunno how to use manual mode
    I also set rear sync in my cam.
    Just to share:

http://cameraandgears.blogspot.com/2...ync-flash.html

Thanks for the info......will try it tomorrow.......hehe.......u be my model
    :vhappy:EOS400D

There will be a surprise guest who is a master for 2nd curtain flash coming that night to share his exprience.....He is a winner for major photography compeititions in Singapore.

Personally invited him.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by pckee View Post
    Thanks for the info......will try it tomorrow.......hehe.......u be my model
    It is encouragable that everyone should try to understand their own flashguns in terms of operation, functions etc....fully utilized it for different situation.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    There will be a surprise guest who is a master for 2nd curtain flash coming that night to share his exprience.....He is a winner for major photography compeititions in Singapore.

Personally invited him.
    i ish hapi por chiu buttie
    You'll only live once. Just once.
    Portfolio | Tangshooters

Member/Tangshooter

Yes, it is the hammer flash type. There are 2 flash out-lets . One direct towards the subject ( small flash light ) and the other one (main, high power ) is able to bounce. Yes, I am also using a DIY white card-board to provide the bounce....

Somehow, the older flash are more straight forward to use... less complex.

If I am using the older flash light, I do not have any problems getting the right amount of lightings that I wanted ( 90% of the time ). But not with my new Sigma EF-500 DG, need more practice liao.
    Sunpak hammer flash is a piece of gem, its light!..the small flash light below is for winding mode if i'm not wrong (a.k.a repeated firing)..SUNPAK flash uses auto light sensor (a.k.a A/AA mode in today's flash)..which in my opinion gives better results than flashes that employs TTL..oni disadvantage with auto light sensor is, it has a limitation in range..

U got the manual for ur Sigma flash? maybe u would like to try out the other modes..

Sunpak hammer flash is a piece of gem, its light!..the small flash light below is for winding mode if i'm not wrong (a.k.a repeated firing)..SUNPAK flash uses auto light sensor (a.k.a A/AA mode in today's flash)..which in my opinion gives better results than flashes that employs TTL..oni disadvantage with auto light sensor is, it has a limitation in range..

U got the manual for ur Sigma flash? maybe u would like to try out the other modes..
    Knowledge gain....
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Bro u got me interested in SUNPAK hammer now.
    Anyone using the Metz Hammer head?

Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 183338414243444548 ... LastLast