Thread: Bridge

Default Bridge

Does this setting work for you?

Picture taken with my EOS 350D, 17mm, f/11

Default Re: Bridge

Would suggest you do a writeup for your shot on what you are trying to achieve etc.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273376

good exposure, and i like how the traffic trails are caught midway.

the main problem here is that there is too much space at the top, the picture feels very unbalanced; the solution is to crop, i found that a 16:9 crop ratio worked here

on another note, if you shot in raw, or do a reshoot, try fluorescent/tungsten wb; generally night photos look better cooler, especially when it comes to having manmade structures in it

on another note; i just realised that the edge of the building closest to the frame is not straight, probably due to distortion and/or vertical perspective problems. you might want to correct that before you crop
    Last edited by night86mare; 15th April 2008 at 12:58 AM.

nicely taken shot, but too much negative space in the sky... perhaps you should crop it as suggested by night86mare... he's right, a wide screen crop would make this a much cleaner picture...

very good night shot like all others commented,in the space above u shud have caught,stars or a moon or mars, jupitar or venus maybe atleast given it a title or ur signature, or a poem......wat i am trying to say is....tooo much empty
    Last edited by newlife; 15th April 2008 at 05:38 PM.

Thanks newlife, crimsonseas, night86mare & Yapster for the comments... below is the crop version with the color balance slightly adjusted.

yes, i like this version.

you can also consider adjusting the curves for more contrast..

Hi deTour,

Nice Job!
    I think the photo will be even more attractive if you can find a busier cross junction.
    Also, I will attempt to shoot abit lower to show more of the cross junction, so as to see the traffic on both sides.
    But just too unfortunate that I spotted some trees are blocking that side of the view.
    Thus location selection is equally important..
    Yong Sak.
    www.yongsak.com

Deregistered

so familiar...
    seranggoon?

haha. i think it is. the road up leads to sr central =D and down leads to my previous house. =D

like what yongsak said. it'd be nicer if there's more cars in it. but from exprience. there ain't much cars during the night. =x

I noticed your exposure is 8sec. If you up your F-stop to, let's say, F/20 or so you can get a longer exposure. Hence, might capture more cars.

/Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by olsent View Post
    I noticed your exposure is 8sec. If you up your F-stop to, let's say, F/20 or so you can get a longer exposure. Hence, might capture more cars.

/Thomas
    Lens may suffer frm diffraction(correct me if i am wrong) at smaller f no. causing the whole pic to become soft... use it if ur lens permit...
    Last edited by sunboi80; 23rd April 2008 at 03:22 PM.
    ;) L-plate Photog: I come, I see, I shoot

Lens may suffer frm diffraction(correct me if i am wrong) at smaller f no. causing the whole pic to become soft... use it if ur lens permit...

This one taken at F/22 20sec... not too bad... i guess can capture more cars... but the lamp post light trails i find a bit distracting and like what repulsivity has mentioned, that road is very quiet at that hour.... i'm lucky to capture with 3 lanes occupied..

if u wan to test the effects, u can take the same scene using different f number one after the other...like i said, it depends on the lens also.. some control diffraction better then the other..
    anyway ur 2 pics are different already, so quite hard to tell... but ur 2nd pic seems darker and softer...
    ;) L-plate Photog: I come, I see, I shoot