Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: Anyone buying property this year ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Anyone buying property this year ?

    With the current stratospherical property prices ( especially HDB flats ), any ( newly wed / long married ) CS members looking to buying new property this year ?

    Btw I am no housing agent.

    Ryan
    Last edited by giantcanopy; 14th April 2008 at 04:41 PM.

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Former CS Senior Member
    Posts
    3,059

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    u property agent?

  3. #3
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    2,946

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    US dollar is cheap, buy US dollar better...

  4. #4
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    Nope. On the contrary i am looking. But thats besides the point

    ( initial thread edited, thx jacob for pointing it out )

    Ryan
    Last edited by giantcanopy; 14th April 2008 at 04:41 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    US dollar is cheap, buy US dollar better...
    If i got the spare cash. meanwhile .. need to find a shelter leh

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    i find no point in it now...

    like toa payoh around central area, 550k with 50k top up when they bought like 3-5 years ago at 300k+, i find it rather ridiculous to buy...

    esp when even HDB is making the cost of flats even higher... think buy in JB makes more sense in a way.

    think probably better to buy properties at outskirt, paying the same price for pte.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #7
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    i find no point in it now...

    like toa payoh around central area, 550k with 50k top up when they bought like 3-5 years ago at 300k+, i find it rather ridiculous to buy...

    esp when even HDB is making the cost of flats even higher... think buy in JB makes more sense in a way.

    think probably better to buy properties at outskirt, paying the same price for pte.
    Ya u hit a cord. TPY area 4 rm flats > 500k.
    Anyway now the market rate seems top up about 50k+ for these flats

    The only thing about outskirts is the transport to work..
    Imagine living in Sengkang, pay ERP and still kenna jam at CTE every morning .. ( of course depends on where u work )

    Ryan
    Last edited by giantcanopy; 14th April 2008 at 04:50 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    got my HDB home early last year
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  9. #9
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    got my HDB home early last year
    good price? Prices starting to soar already then, but probab not market high like the flats now

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    3,723

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    i am a property agent. If you need help, let me know...

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Ya u hit a cord. TPY area 4 rm flats > 500k.
    Anyway now the market rate seems top up about 50k+ for these flats

    The only thing about outskirts is the transport to work..
    Imagine living in Sengkang, pay ERP and still kenna jam at CTE every morning .. ( of course depends on where u work )

    Ryan
    well, i know 1 mod here stay in punggol/sengkang, work all the way at the far west (near tuas) and travel by BMW (fren taught me, its BUS,MRT,WALK)...

    also know a few like these but with company transport... can sleep all the way there.

    for people like me, probably u, who is pampered with personal transportation... think its hard to move out of the comfort zone.

    althou housing is a necessity, i think we often need to take cold showers instead of being lead to buy something that is overly inflated.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas68 View Post
    i am a property agent. If you need help, let me know...
    no self promoting advert here...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  13. #13
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    Hi nicholas68
    Thx , I am gathering KPT opinions here about housing issue mainly

    Hi Del_CtrlnoAlt
    Very good thought. So u will not buy base on location ?

    Ryan

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    good price? Prices starting to soar already then, but probab not market high like the flats now
    reasonable price at that time, about a few months before HDB properties price shoot up by a lot.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    reasonable price at that time, about a few months before HDB properties price shoot up by a lot.
    u heng lor...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  16. #16
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Nope. On the contrary i am looking. But thats besides the point

    ( initial thread edited, thx jacob for pointing it out )

    Ryan
    What type of property u looking for? HDB? Resale? If u first time buyer n can wait go direct to HDB better resale market is getting hotter n hotter!

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Hi nicholas68
    Thx , I am gathering KPT opinions here about housing issue mainly

    Hi Del_CtrlnoAlt
    Very good thought. So u will not buy base on location ?

    Ryan
    dunno yet, but i dun like to be a carrot head even thou i look like one.

    but if the cost is alot cheaper at outskirt, i dun mind, the cost difference can finance for bigger space, fuel price, etc...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    What type of property u looking for? HDB? Resale? If u first time buyer n can wait go direct to HDB better resale market is getting hotter n hotter!
    well, u obviously din see HDB prices...

    its kinda crazy now...

    resale flat, 550K around methodist church area... 550k for blk 79 at the recent sales from HDB...

    apparently HDB is making their prices based on market price and evaluate the resale flats & new flats based on those sudden surge in prices.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  19. #19
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    What type of property u looking for? HDB? Resale? If u first time buyer n can wait go direct to HDB better resale market is getting hotter n hotter!
    My combined income not eligible liao :O
    Some more i try so many times previously also bo pa kay the odds ratio so high.

    zcf u heng erh .. i missed that early boat

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Anyone buying property this year ?

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    My combined income not eligible liao :O
    Some more i try so many times previously also bo pa kay the odds ratio so high.

    zcf u heng erh .. i missed that early boat
    quite true...

    i also try until sianz... then dun wanna buy the overpriced DBSS Cityview. the only one with my number less than 3 digits...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •