• don't want new battery but want to keep the flash

1 12.50%
  • throw my flash away

1 12.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Metz 60 batteries

Default Re: Metz 60 batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Solli ah. But seriously, I tink must be current and keep up with the trends here lor if wanna get results:

WANTED! Old Metz Flash Heads and Battery Packs/Chargers

I am interested in providing good home for your old units. I don't have much experience, but I've used flash a few times before. Willing to learn more and improve. Look at some of my samples: www.i-know-nut-but-i-wan-marnieee.com

Will NOT do any new heads, nudes wires or stripped threads.

Willing to do for FREE only for interesting heads and items and I can get along with other party (eh, you got flashy car and condo or not? ).

Oi, this is the XMM models template, you use this here for what??
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Oi, this is the XMM models template, you use this here for what??
    TFFF (time for free flash)?

you want to be a flasher???!!
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Deregistered

bro, get ur cam ready. he's gonna.............

Quote Originally Posted by jacob View Post
    bro, get ur cam ready. he's gonna.............
    DONE!!! if you missed it too bad

Deregistered

i din missed it, did click it right then!

just that after taking, the sensor died, the lens aperture stuck, shutter jam. cf card record nothing......... even after software retrieving.

U power sia

Hi jacob, ]

Any replies from your suppliers yet about pricing and shipping?

Deregistered

tentative pricing around $80~90 included shipping. hopefully it stays as the price also fluctuate according to international LEAD pricing and strong euro. minimum quantity around 30 pcs.

can everyone indicate to me roughly how many each is interested in? pm me prefereably. meanwhile i'll keep this thread alive until the quantity is quite close to the MOQ then i'll consult moderator to start MO on this.

here's the picture of the item we're looking into. it's from the same supplier for metz except that you need to watch out the polarity.

$80 - $90 sounds ok for the A506/4.2K series if it includes insured Air Mail, but man, that min quantity of 30 is going to be hard to hit.

tentative pricing around $80~90 included shipping. hopefully it stays as the price also fluctuate according to international LEAD pricing and strong euro. minimum quantity around 30 pcs.

can everyone indicate to me roughly how many each is interested in? pm me prefereably. meanwhile i'll keep this thread alive until the quantity is quite close to the MOQ then i'll consult moderator to start MO on this.

here's the picture of the item we're looking into. it's from the same supplier for metz except that you need to watch out the polarity.

what is the shelf life if the battery has never been used? just wondering if its feasible to get more than 1 piece.

Heard that it can be anywhere from 2 - 10 years, depending on how it is kept and maintained. SLAs need to be stored fully charged, and needs to fully re-charged at least once a year if the unit has been unused for a long time. However, in the article below, the author mentions "long period" as being more than 30 days.

Apparently, lower storage temperatures (I've read ard 20 deg C) is ideal.

I've also been told that the minimum float charge should not go below 40% for long term storage.

A long-term user once mentioned to me that once in awhile, need to do complete deep discharge and full top-up + double up the top-up time for the next cycle of storage as these batteries have a memory effect (?).

Personally, I practise 'topping-up' once a week (usually takes 10 seconds to 1 or 2 min) and medium discharge of say around 40 or 50 full manual blasts/full recharge at least once a month. I do NOT know if this is ideal, but so far, using this cycle on one particular batt, it behaves like new after a year so I guess I'll continue. NOTE: In the artil\cle link below, there is mention of trickle and float charging to maintain these babies in the Metz charger for days (?).

BUUUTTTT, if you guys find out more specific info, please share the link here or share the info.

Difficult to store at 20 deg C unless air-con switched on 24/7, so just find the coolest, dry area in house.

BTW, if anyone can make sense of this article, I think it talks about 'rejuvenating' a dead SLA batt: http://lists.tako.de/Olympus-OM/2004-06/msg01412.html
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 19th April 2008 at 09:00 PM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    $80 - $90 sounds ok for the A506/4.2K series if it includes insured Air Mail, but man, that min quantity of 30 is going to be hard to hit.
    including shipping. it's the quantity that matters now i believe. pls help me to check with others. i can absorb a few of them but not too many.

anyone coming along with us?

if its $80-90 i guess i can go with 2 pieces if we are short of the MOQ. might be a good idea to start the MO anyway to capture a wider audience.

I'm in. Keep me posted. Thanks!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseme View Post
    I'm in. Keep me posted. Thanks!
    pls vote la

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    if its $80-90 i guess i can go with 2 pieces if we are short of the MOQ. might be a good idea to start the MO anyway to capture a wider audience.
    but i want successful MO. not those that does not confirmed....... simply put it that i don't want to waste everyone's time including mine. hope u understand.

pls vote la
    Haha, didn't know u use voting to track lah. If you remember, we discussed in another thread, and I've showed all the inside of the charger. I would now give a try to re-live the battery according to one of the suggestion posted here.

But till date, still one question about the charger. Any one ever measure the charge voltage of the charger, by just power up the charger without connecting to the flash? I'm suspecting my charger something wrong.

Nevertheless, I would sure need to buy 1 at least (depends on my budget).

Thanks for organising the MO.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by cheeseme; 20th April 2008 at 08:36 AM.

Deregistered

after much ding-dong here and there, here's the prefinal details.

we're getting the original sonnenschein battery(the left battery) see picture.
    price not more than $90 inclusive shipping and GST. however shipping is about 16 weeks(low cost shipping save money) from europe to here.if they were to fly here, the price will be 2 times more.

as this is big order and i've no power in $$, deposit/payment is needed, you'll need to meet up with me for some of you who haven't met me.

myself and another is eating up 10pcs and the rest 20pcs will be for you. so can we make it? let's try.
    hands up those who wants. once almost there, i'll start MO. else.............................................. ..................................closed thread lor. hahahaha

after much ding-dong here and there, here's the prefinal details.

we're getting the original sonnenschein battery(the left battery) see picture.
    price not more than $90 inclusive shipping and GST. however shipping is about 16 weeks(low cost shipping save money) from europe to here.if they were to fly here, the price will be 2 times more.

as this is big order and i've no power in $$, deposit/payment is needed, you'll need to meet up with me for some of you who haven't met me.

myself and another is eating up 10pcs and the rest 20pcs will be for you. so can we make it? let's try.
    hands up those who wants. once almost there, i'll start MO. else.............................................. ..................................closed thread lor. hahahaha

i will take 2 pieces.

Deregistered

OOOPSSSS!!!!! my BIG MISTAKE. IT"S THE BATTERY ON THE RIGHT. original manufacturer but not the ORIGINAL METZ BATT. SORRY for the mistake.
    madmacs: still 2 pcs if the right battery?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast