Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

Thread: Good graphic cards for extreme games

  1. #1

    Default Good graphic cards for extreme games

    What are the good graphic cards that are used to play high end games like crysis?
    How much would it cost?
    I'm looking at Gforce 8400 256mb,does it fit the bill?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    8400 is definately not considered an "extreme" graphics card. you are looking for 8800GT and above at least and the 9 series.

    price wise, this should help http://sls.vr-zone.com/pricelist/ven...bell/Page1.GIF
    Last edited by satay16; 12th April 2008 at 09:07 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Yeh., im on the 8800 GT and it cant even run crysis with full AA. So for extreme gaming, the 8800 and above is required for sure, 8400 will not cut it.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Yeh., im on the 8800 GT and it cant even run crysis with full AA. So for extreme gaming, the 8800 and above is required for sure, 8400 will not cut it.
    for that, i will strongly recommend the 9800G2 1GB

  5. #5

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Yeh., im on the 8800 GT and it cant even run crysis with full AA. So for extreme gaming, the 8800 and above is required for sure, 8400 will not cut it.
    how much is it?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    how much is it?
    look at the pricelist i linked. but average around 350. different brand slightly different prices.

    and in case you accidentally tripped over a cash of 1k, that's how much the 9800G2 cost.
    Last edited by satay16; 12th April 2008 at 09:16 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    look at the pricelist i linked. but average around 350.
    I qouted cz i saw a couple of 8800..
    350 sounds cheap...what abt the better ones?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    I qouted cz i saw a couple of 8800..
    350 sounds cheap...what abt the better ones?
    better ones........ the 9800GTX is about 500. there are 8800GTX and 8800Ultra, but i think those cash rish users will rather go for those 9800s.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    better ones........ the 9800GTX is about 500. there are 8800GTX and 8800Ultra, but i think those cash rish users will rather go for those 9800s.
    an what about ram?
    my bro suggested 8Gig of ddr2..
    Last edited by yamapi; 12th April 2008 at 09:21 PM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    an what about ram?
    my bro suggested 8g of quad core ram..
    firstly, there's no quad core ram.

    i recommend getting DDR2-800 ones, they are the norm. and i would say 2GB is a sweet spot, though no harm getting 4GB. 8 is overkill.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    firstly, there's no quad core ram.

    i recommend getting DDR2-800 ones, they are the norm. and i would say 2GB is a sweet spot, though no harm getting 4GB. 8 is overkill.
    sorry typo.
    what about processor?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    sorry typo.
    what about processor?
    would say get the best your budget has. that's what i do, i fix a budget, than select all my items, and with the leftover, i get the best proccessor i can afford with it.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    would say get the best your budget has. that's what i do, i fix a budget, than select all my items, and with the leftover, i get the best proccessor i can afford with it.
    budget is around 1.5-2k

    my main piority is a 4g ram and at least the 9600gx u were talking about.
    Not sure if it's enough.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    No way is it 350? I paid something like 600 bucks for it im sure! Maybe i brought something else too and dont remember haha, oh well. Processor, at least 3ghz dual core, 4gb ram and anything from the 8800 and above (512mb recommended)

    edit: ah it may have been 600 for the 8800 GTX 512MB, not just the 8800GT, sorry, got confused!
    Last edited by wildstallion; 12th April 2008 at 09:32 PM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    budget is around 1.5-2k

    my main piority is a 4g ram and at least the 9600gx u were talking about.
    Not sure if it's enough.
    i would say keep it at 2gb ram first, if you have leftovers, then increase it. regarding the graphics card, keep in mind that the lowest end of the higher series isn't better than the highest end of the lower series. for eg, 7950GTX>8600GT(in terms of directx9). so whether to get the 8800GT, 8800GTS(i'm currently using that one for reasons you soon will read) or 9600GT, i think this forum post will help greatly. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/249850-33-8800-9600

    btw, for motherboards................ woah....... i dun know liao.............. too many choices

  16. #16

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    What are the good graphic cards that are used to play high end games like crysis?
    How much would it cost?
    I'm looking at Gforce 8400 256mb,does it fit the bill?
    less computer games, zero productivity!

    spend more time with your darling camera

  17. #17

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    No way is it 350? I paid something like 600 bucks for it im sure! Maybe i brought something else too and dont remember haha, oh well. Processor, at least 3ghz dual core, 4gb ram and anything from the 8800 and above (512mb recommended)

    edit: ah it may have been 600 for the 8800 GTX 512MB, not just the 8800GT, sorry, got confused!
    woah.......8800GT for 600 bucks. 8800GT was supposed to be for the budget concious yet requiring performance.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    less computer games, zero productivity!

    spend more time with your darling camera
    I'm working
    Working on games

  19. #19

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    less computer games, zero productivity!

    spend more time with your darling camera
    for that, i recommend a sony A700, Carl Zeiss 24-70, Carl Zeiss 85mm and Carl Zeiss 135mm.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Good graphic cards for extreme games

    Which is wiser?
    Getting straight from a DIY store or ready made from well known manufacturer?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •