Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Help on sharing LCD monitor between Mac & PC

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    East, SG
    Posts
    2,641

    Default Help on sharing LCD monitor between Mac & PC

    Decided to bite the bullet and got a Mac..now, is there a way to implement a switch box kind of thing that allows me to share my LCD monitor with the Mac and PC? The next most important question is, will it lead to a drop in display quality because of the device?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Help on sharing LCD monitor between Mac & PC

    You can buy a USB KVM. i have 1 of those, remember not to get a PS/2 KVM which are alot cheaper.

    there is always a quality drop no matter how good they boast to be. and check the maximum resolution of the KVM as well. think mine can support up to 2048x****, or around there.

    good brand to get, ATEN.

    you'll just need 1 set of LCD, Keyboard, Mouse. Make sure its input/output is USB. and display is DVI.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Help on sharing LCD monitor between Mac & PC

    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    East, SG
    Posts
    2,641

    Default Re: Help on sharing LCD monitor between Mac & PC

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    You can buy a USB KVM. i have 1 of those, remember not to get a PS/2 KVM which are alot cheaper.

    there is always a quality drop no matter how good they boast to be. and check the maximum resolution of the KVM as well. think mine can support up to 2048x****, or around there.

    good brand to get, ATEN.

    you'll just need 1 set of LCD, Keyboard, Mouse. Make sure its input/output is USB. and display is DVI.
    Thanks for the quick reply. The whole darn prob is that the apple display only has one input, should have gotten the Eizo that only came to CP 2 months after I bought the apple display, and the PC could go to the analog input.

    ATEN is widely available in Sim Lim /Funan?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Help on sharing LCD monitor between Mac & PC

    Quote Originally Posted by canturn View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. The whole darn prob is that the apple display only has one input, should have gotten the Eizo that only came to CP 2 months after I bought the apple display, and the PC could go to the analog input.

    ATEN is widely available in Sim Lim /Funan?
    most shops dun stock expensive ATEN stuff...

    not sure which shop in SLS sells, but i know Funan easier to get the higher ends ones... look around level 4-5. remember bought at a small shop which have alot of ATEN stuff.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    East, SG
    Posts
    2,641

    Default Re: Help on sharing LCD monitor between Mac & PC

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    most shops dun stock expensive ATEN stuff...

    not sure which shop in SLS sells, but i know Funan easier to get the higher ends ones... look around level 4-5. remember bought at a small shop which have alot of ATEN stuff.
    ah.. how much is the damage?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Help on sharing LCD monitor between Mac & PC

    Quote Originally Posted by canturn View Post
    ah.. how much is the damage?
    think about 200+ to 300... not sure for this model.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •