Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    skali garmen impose landscape tax on you
    HOHO best

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

skali garmen impose landscape tax on you

bananas cant last as long. once ripe must consume fast or it will turn black or have worms
    have worms is a bonus
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Quote Originally Posted by wakaowalao View Post
    From what I know, models need to be at least 1.7m in height but some are less than 1.6m or worst > 1.55m!!! Same requirements, "will only do TFCD if its to my liking" i.e PAID shoots ONLY.

Some typical ones
    - J----a
    - f-----s
    Catwalk model usually has height requirement (1.7m for Asian standards and about 1.75m for overseas) but print models usually has no height requirement. Lots of good looking model/celebrities are below 1.7m... Dont tell me if Fiona Xie post as MODEL looking for paid shoot you wont be tempted! LOL :P

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    Catwalk model usually has height requirement (1.7m for Asian standards and about 1.75m for overseas) but print models usually has no height requirement. Lots of good looking model/celebrities are below 1.7m... Dont tell me if Fiona Xie post as MODEL looking for paid shoot you wont be tempted! LOL :P
    No, I won't be.

Seriously, 1.7m will not make it for a catwalk model.

When I shoot, 1.55 is ok if the proportion is good. Unfortunately, that is the exception rather than the rule.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Allow me to OT abit.

I used to (a few years ago) sign up for model shoots as well. I realize that some of the models are quite young and inexperienced, yet I'm paying quite a bit. To further aggravate matter, I have to fight for shooting time with alot of many other photographers.

I understand that it would be unrealistic to demand 'professional' models for the amount I'm paying or even for them to be readily available. I believe some of the organizers were pretty good in teaching the young girls and the girls were keen to learn. But somehow it has become a mean of 'fast cash' for some pretty faces.

It has become a situation whereby some of the young girls are neglecting their studies because they have the false impression they can earn 'a lot' by modeling and doing events. I am aware that one of the girls whom appear in the thread once a while, is doing her N-levels and yet she is busy doing events and photoshoots. This is a case common among other girls.

Frankly, I have no idea what impression we are giving these girls. Yes, some have the stuff to be a good model. But most often, they do not.

Maybe that's one of the reason why I no longer join model shoots. It's no longer a pretty sight.

Quote Originally Posted by meepokman View Post
    Allow me to OT abit.

I used to (a few years ago) sign up for model shoots as well. I realize that some of the models are quite young and inexperienced, yet I'm paying quite a bit. To further aggravate matter, I have to fight for shooting time with alot of many other photographers.

I understand that it would be unrealistic to demand 'professional' models for the amount I'm paying or even for them to be readily available. I believe some of the organizers were pretty good in teaching the young girls and the girls were keen to learn. But somehow it has become a mean of 'fast cash' for some pretty faces.

It has become a situation whereby some of the young girls are neglecting their studies because they have the false impression they can earn 'a lot' by modeling and doing events. I am aware that one of the girls whom appear in the thread once a while, is doing her N-levels and yet she is busy doing events and photoshoots. This is a case common among other girls.

Frankly, I have no idea what impression we are giving these girls. Yes, some have the stuff to be a good model. But most often, they do not.

Maybe that's one of the reason why I no longer join model shoots. It's no longer a pretty sight.

You brought up some very interesting points here.

If you notice, the girls involved in the organised shoots are getting younger and younger... and most of them are fairly unexperienced for few reasons:

1. Young and Inexperienced girls are cheaper to engaged and the cost of shoot can be kept low.
    2. Experienced models are not so keen in organised shoot as they probably know these kind of " modelling" won't bring them far.
    3. Most "photographers" prefer to shoot new faces.. those shoot using "re-cycled" models tend to attract less people.

So who to blame? models, organiser or photogaphers?

With all these young and inexperienced models modelling for CS shooters.. are the quality of shoot getting better?

Quote Originally Posted by shinestar View Post
    You brought up some very interesting points here.

If you notice, the girls involved in the organised shoots are getting younger and younger... and most of them are fairly unexperienced for few reasons:

1. Young and Inexperienced girls are cheaper to engaged and the cost of shoot can be kept low.
    2. Experienced models are not so keen in organised shoot as they probably know these kind of " modelling" won't bring them far.
    3. Most "photographers" prefer to shoot new faces.. those shoot using "re-cycled" models tend to attract less people.

So who to blame? models, organiser or photogaphers?

With all these young and inexperienced models modelling for CS shooters.. are the quality of shoot getting better?
    I can give u a very simple answer to the influx of younger and no standard models but i'll be risking a ban i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by meepokman View Post
    Allow me to OT abit.

The photographers are guilty too.
    They rush home to process the images and post it in CL with thread titles like "princess", "sexy", "goddess" etc. Which teenage girl out there doesn't want to be a princess? The photographers are giving the girls a false impression of what reality is.

There are a few threads in the Portraits forum right now that are misleading the sheep.
    "Beauties in Fort Canning" and "Young Ladies 30032008". One of the girls even want to use the shots in her "portfolio". A portfolio!! Geez the pictures are good enough for the family album at most. Clearly delusional. I hope those are not paid shoots!

I wonder how old these photographers are?
    I have never been to these shoots before, anyone knows?

Quote Originally Posted by sandyforever View Post
    They rush home to process the images and post it in CL with thread titles like "princess", "sexy", "goddess" etc. Which teenage girl out there doesn't want to be a princess? The photographers are giving the girls a false impression of what reality is.

There are a few threads in the Portraits forum right now that are misleading the sheep.
    "Beauties in Fort Canning" and "Young Ladies 30032008". One of the girls even want to use the shots in her "portfolio". A portfolio!! Geez the pictures are good enough for the family album at most. Clearly delusional. I hope those are not paid shoots!

I've never been to mass shoot too but i reckon those involve are in their 30's to late 50's.

I've never been to mass shoot too but i reckon those involve are in their 30's to late 50's.

haha.. photographer trying to be creative in the title mah.. otherwise how to attract viewers?

the age of the phtoographers range from 16 to 50..

sandyforever - please chill

i don't approve of what you ahve stated as well, but you don't have to be so emotional about it; it harms yourself, and no doubt, it is actually quite disrespectful, i feel.

after all, like you say, which teenage girl doesn't want to be a princess?

Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    eh...wait you kena warning. say so many times

Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    mass shots in the near future, when the organisers realise that they can gain popularity by charging $1, and holding shoot at national stadium

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    mass shots in the near future, when the organisers realise that they can gain popularity by charging $1, and holding shoot at national stadium

goodness..haha

i love this thread. even by just reading it

there must be a requirement then of a certain telephoto. well night86mare you can set the standards haha

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    goodness..haha

i love this thread. even by just reading it

there must be a requirement then of a certain telephoto. well night86mare you can set the standards haha
    me?

i use my sigma 10-20 and shoot the spectacle..

how come white in front and black behind sori OT le
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

after all, like you say, which teenage girl doesn't want to be a princess?
    all girls after 3 years old onward, all want the same two things when they grow up.

#1, all want to be a princess..

#2, all want to wear the most beautiful wedding grown on their special day.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast