Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678111631 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 830

Thread: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

  1. #101

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Wrong way of thinking. Outside SG, the process is like this:

    1. Pretty girl wants to be a model
    2. Pretty girl PAYS A PHOTOGRAPHER (in cash or... well, depends on the country) for a portfolio
    3. Pretty girl brings this portfolio to all the modeling or casting agencies in the phone book
    4. Pretty girl may need to continue to pay for updated portfolios
    5. After all this investment, she may have a chance at a professional shoot in a magazine or a print ad.

    This is how it goes in SG:
    1. Average looking girl figures that when she's at Sentosa, the old uncles take pictures of her in a bikini anyway
    2. Average looking girl posts a "wannabe model, pay me!" ad on CS
    3. Many CS people think this is the correct process and pay hard-earned $$$ to the no-talent, no-looks, no-training model wannabe.
    4. Photographers post pictures of these girls on a public forum, making the girls feel special and ego-bloated by posing "wow, so chio" posts, while people from outside SG see the pictures and think "are these guys desperate? Where are the pretty girls?"

    Great Summary.
    You can only blame the "photographers", they are the one who make the girls think they are "models". They offer to pay the girls for shoot, teach them how to pose, take nice photos of them, give them photos for their portfolio which they can further use to advertise themselves and make more money...

  2. #102

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Wrong way of thinking. Outside SG, the process is like this:

    1. Pretty girl wants to be a model
    2. Pretty girl PAYS A PHOTOGRAPHER (in cash or... well, depends on the country) for a portfolio
    3. Pretty girl brings this portfolio to all the modeling or casting agencies in the phone book
    4. Pretty girl may need to continue to pay for updated portfolios
    5. After all this investment, she may have a chance at a professional shoot in a magazine or a print ad.

    This is how it goes in SG:
    1. Average looking girl figures that when she's at Sentosa, the old uncles take pictures of her in a bikini anyway
    2. Average looking girl posts a "wannabe model, pay me!" ad on CS
    3. Many CS people think this is the correct process and pay hard-earned $$$ to the no-talent, no-looks, no-training model wannabe.
    4. Photographers post pictures of these girls on a public forum, making the girls feel special and ego-bloated by posing "wow, so chio" posts, while people from outside SG see the pictures and think "are these guys desperate? Where are the pretty girls?"
    Hahaha... great analysis... I believe there is always a difference between Models and 'Talents' I guess.

  3. #103

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by shinestar View Post
    Great Summary.
    You can only blame the "photographers", they are the one who make the girls think they are "models". They offer to pay the girls for shoot, teach them how to pose, take nice photos of them, give them photos for their portfolio which they can further use to advertise themselves and make more money...
    Are you sure they are taking nice photo of these wannabe models?

    And I wonder, why are we rushing to give models copies of the pictures if it's a paid shoot?

    Personally, I don't mind if the model wants an image or two, even 3 or 4, from a paid shoot, but that is because I want to give, not because I have to, and least because the model demands!

    Actually, I don't mind paying. Paid, I have not pressure to get the images processed and DI'ed ... hate to be rushed.

    However, what bewilders me most is, after demanding $50, $60, $70, even $80 or $100 an hour, the list of I don't do this, I don't do that, I won't pose in these and that ... and the list goes on and on and on ....

    If I am paying, be ready to do as instructed and please don't complain!
    Last edited by Deadpoet; 13th April 2008 at 05:49 AM.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  4. #104

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Are you sure they are taking nice photo of these wannabe models?

    And I wonder, why are we rushing to give models copies of the pictures if it's a paid shoot?

    Personally, I don't mind if the model wants an image or two, even 3 or 4, from a paid shoot, but that is because I want to give, not because I have to, and least because the model demands!

    Actually, I don't mind paying. Paid, I have not pressure to get the images processed and DI'ed ... hate to be rushed.

    However, what bewilders me most is, after demanding $50, $60, $70, even $80 or $100 an hour, the list of I don't do this, I don't do that, I won't pose in these and that ... and the list goes on and on and on ....

    If I am paying, be ready to do as instructed and please don't complain!


    I have big problems with that.
    Modelling isn't some glamourous thingy if they've watched america top models.
    Models are suppose to get down and dirty and even kiss the ground if the photographer wants it.

  5. #105

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    I have big problems with that.
    Modelling isn't some glamourous thingy if they've watched america top models.
    Models are suppose to get down and dirty and even kiss the ground if the photographer wants it.
    I guess that's the common issue in the local scene -- 'model wannabies' many a times can't even ACT like they are being PAID. The working attitude displayed from many that I've observed really can't make it.

  6. #106

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    I guess that's the common issue in the local scene -- 'model wannabies' many a times can't even ACT like they are being PAID. The working attitude displayed from many that I've observed really can't make it.
    yes,why else are they paid $50 or even $100/hr?
    They're there to POSE and if they can't do it then go fly kite.


    Now when that happens for few times in a shoot,i just pack and go without saying anything and so far i've already did this to one friend.
    waste of time.
    Last edited by yamapi; 13th April 2008 at 10:35 AM.

  7. #107

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    Models are suppose to get down and dirty and even kiss the ground if the photographer wants it.


    i see you are playing out your fantasies aloud

  8. #108
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    My view is that "models" and "talents" are only labels, most of the time, used wrongly

    Quote Originally Posted by iluvmazda View Post
    Hahaha... great analysis... I believe there is always a difference between Models and 'Talents' I guess.

  9. #109
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    What's bewildering to me is why after being paid, models are demanding for "ALL" the photos taken at the shoot.

    Or after giving 2 or 3, the models ask "you only shoot so little?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    And I wonder, why are we rushing to give models copies of the pictures if it's a paid shoot?

    Personally, I don't mind if the model wants an image or two, even 3 or 4, from a paid shoot, but that is because I want to give, not because I have to, and least because the model demands!

  10. #110

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    if the paid 'models' really demands loads of photos (and even at a fast speed), then i think thats very attitude!
    I pay u and u still demand from me? Go and die!
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

  11. #111

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Actually, I don't mind paying. Paid, I have not pressure to get the images processed and DI'ed ... hate to be rushed.

    However, what bewilders me most is, after demanding $50, $60, $70, even $80 or $100 an hour, the list of I don't do this, I don't do that, I won't pose in these and that ... and the list goes on and on and on ....

    If I am paying, be ready to do as instructed and please don't complain!
    Exactly that is the point.

    Some models are very "spoilt".
    They can specify the theme (like bridal, becos its dream for all gers to wear bridal gown), then ask you to provide makeup artist, to pay them and to give them pictures. Trust me, there are "photogaphers" who actually comply to them.

    I also hate the part where the "models" keep chasing for photos.. and its never enough regardless of how many you give them ...

    Actually come to think of it.. among those people involve in the shoot - makeup artist, models and photographers.. who has the most work? models just come..pose for 3 hours, collect money then wait for photos.. while the photographer has to think of the theme, source for location and clothes before the shoot.. and after the shoot, spend hours infront of the monitor .. and end up they are the one who are usually paying everyone else..

  12. #112

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Why can't photogs unite and charge for prints too since it's a paid shoot in the first place... haiz.

    Labor (whatever rate the model is charging) + post processing time (whatevery rate the model is charging) per A4print.
    Last edited by CYRN; 13th April 2008 at 12:35 PM.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  13. #113

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Why can't photogs unite and charge for prints too since it's a paid shoot in the first place... haiz.

    Labor (whatever rate the model is charging) + post processing time (whatevery rate the model is charging) per A4print.
    haha good idea...
    actually if you realise.. professional models never asked for photos after the shoot..
    its only newbies because they need photos as their portfolio so that they can tell people "i am experience and have done many photoshoots"

  14. #114

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by shinestar View Post
    haha good idea...
    actually if you realise.. professional models never asked for photos after the shoot..
    its only newbies because they need photos as their portfolio so that they can tell people "i am experience and have done many photoshoots"
    lol.... spot on, man!
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

  15. #115

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    LOL, this thread should be posted in the Portraits forum.

    EVERYONE SHOULD STOP PAYING THESE WANNABES!

  16. #116

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by sandyforever View Post
    LOL, this thread should be posted in the Portraits forum.

    EVERYONE SHOULD STOP PAYING THESE WANNABES!


    where you come from?

  17. #117

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    What's bewildering to me is why after being paid, models are demanding for "ALL" the photos taken at the shoot.

    Or after giving 2 or 3, the models ask "you only shoot so little?"
    yeah...if we have to pay them to pose, then they jolly well pay us for the photos.

  18. #118

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by shinestar View Post
    Actually come to think of it.. among those people involve in the shoot - makeup artist, models and photographers.. who has the most work? models just come..pose for 3 hours, collect money then wait for photos.. while the photographer has to think of the theme, source for location and clothes before the shoot.. and after the shoot, spend hours infront of the monitor .. and end up they are the one who are usually paying everyone else..
    and that sounds so silly doesn't it....

  19. #119

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Why can't photogs unite and charge for prints too since it's a paid shoot in the first place... haiz.

    Labor (whatever rate the model is charging) + post processing time (whatevery rate the model is charging) per A4print.
    i support your suggestion bro!

  20. #120

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by sandyforever View Post
    LOL, this thread should be posted in the Portraits forum.

    EVERYONE SHOULD STOP PAYING THESE WANNABES!
    cannot leh...portrait forum is for portrait photos only

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678111631 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •