Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    of cos they dun care lah....then again not say we desperate to shoot them are we? we are???
    it seems like yes.

coz many will have to go thru the stage of shooting portraits.

Got colleagues got frens, but shoot until sian.
    Then want more chio and young faces, so end up find models lor.
    Can make your saliva drop at the same time.... so kill 2 birds at the same time.
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Then asked youself how you get your first job with no working experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sin77 View Post
    it seems like yes.

coz many will have to go thru the stage of shooting portraits.

Got colleagues got frens, but shoot until sian.
    Then want more chio and young faces, so end up find models lor.
    Can make your saliva drop at the same time.... so kill 2 birds at the same time.
    if free i will shoot lor...if a gal ask me to shoot her i will lor. but pay to shoot them...i think only if i find them worth my while to shoot. i rather shoot my friends...and their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

thats why we have to pay school fees to get a cert first lor. no qualifications which company will employ you?

thats why we have to pay school fees to get a cert first lor. no qualifications which company will employ you?
    Not all job need to have qualification.

At a start
    People with qualification get higher pay
    People without qualification get lower pay

Model with no qualification or experience get lower pay, if you don't think they are worth, someone else might think different.

For me, i wouldn't want to waste my money for them. But look around, lots of people are paying them. Are they wasting their money? I don't think so if they are happy with it.

if free i will shoot lor...if a gal ask me to shoot her i will lor. but pay to shoot them...i think only if i find them worth my while to shoot. i rather shoot my friends...and their friends.
    actually i nv pay to shoot models, but might consider.
    All are frens or colleagues (i'm the company official photographer...lol).
    Anyway i like landscapes more than portraits.
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

At a start
    People with qualification get higher pay
    People without qualification get lower pay

Model with no qualification or experience get lower pay, if you don't think they are worth, someone else might think different.

For me, i wouldn't want to waste my money for them. But look around, lots of people are paying them. Are they wasting their money? I don't think so if they are happy with it.
    true lor..thats why i keep saying i wont pay lah. obviously if other ppl want to pay is their problem lor...their money.

actually i nv pay to shoot models, but might consider.
    All are frens or colleagues (i'm the company official photographer...lol).
    Anyway i like landscapes more than portraits.
    lucky you

Not all job need to have qualification.
    can lor...$3/hr? i think that would roughly be the same as tfcd lor. instead of $3/hr model gets drinks, some food maybe, and a cd of photos

to the gals, this is their thinking:
    As long as i look young, good looking, nice complexion and looks cute can alrdy, wat more u want? Free posing for u under hot sun?

Alot gals duno abt modelling, they think ppl only looking for chio-ness.

to the gals, this is their thinking:
    As long as i look young, good looking, nice complexion and looks cute can alrdy, wat more u want? Free posing for u under hot sun?

Alot gals duno abt modelling, they think ppl only looking for chio-ness.
    and they are perfectly entitled to think that way. if their are ppl who are willing to pay to shoot their face and body why not right?

now as photographers you have to decide if they are worth paying for. if the girls know next to nothing about posing, then you as a photographer will have to instruct them. so in other words you are paying them to teach them to be a model. whether that makes economic sense to your or not you have to decide. you might think it is worth it...others might think otherwise. but like momentoeverlast said...free economy right?

can lor...$3/hr? i think that would roughly be the same as tfcd lor. instead of $3/hr model gets drinks, some food maybe, and a cd of photos
    Thinks now a days, food ,drinks and CD cost more than $3, so tfcd also not cheap....
    Years ago, my first job while waiting for my my o'level result is also $3/hr....

let the market forces run on its own lor....wat to do?
    unless u wanna write a code of ethics or standards for the models and photographer?
    Again very subjective.

Wrong way of thinking. Outside SG, the process is like this:

1. Pretty girl wants to be a model
    2. Pretty girl PAYS A PHOTOGRAPHER (in cash or... well, depends on the country) for a portfolio
    3. Pretty girl brings this portfolio to all the modeling or casting agencies in the phone book
    4. Pretty girl may need to continue to pay for updated portfolios
    5. After all this investment, she may have a chance at a professional shoot in a magazine or a print ad.

This is how it goes in SG:
    1. Average looking girl figures that when she's at Sentosa, the old uncles take pictures of her in a bikini anyway
    2. Average looking girl posts a "wannabe model, pay me!" ad on CS
    3. Many CS people think this is the correct process and pay hard-earned $$$ to the no-talent, no-looks, no-training model wannabe.
    4. Photographers post pictures of these girls on a public forum, making the girls feel special and ego-bloated by posing "wow, so chio" posts, while people from outside SG see the pictures and think "are these guys desperate? Where are the pretty girls?"
    Alpha

let the market forces run on its own lor....wat to do?
    unless u wanna write a code of ethics or standards for the models and photographer?
    Again very subjective.
    lol...even then cannot force all to comply right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post

2. Pretty girl PAYS A PHOTOGRAPHER (in cash or... well, depends on the country) for a portfolio
    3. Pretty girl brings this portfolio to all the modeling or casting agencies in the phone book
    5. After all this investment, she may have a chance at a professional shoot in a magazine or a print ad.

1. Average looking girl figures that when she's at Sentosa, the old uncles take pictures of her in a bikini anyway
    3. Many CS people think this is the correct process and pay hard-earned $$$ to the no-talent, no-looks, no-training model wannabe.
    4. Photographers post pictures of these girls on a public forum, making the girls feel special and ego-bloated by posing "wow, so chio" posts, while people from outside SG see the pictures and think "are these guys desperate? Where are the pretty girls?"
    that kind of sums it up very well!

Thinks now a days, food ,drinks and CD cost more than $3, so tfcd also not cheap....
    Years ago, my first job while waiting for my my o'level result is also $3/hr....
    i think you wont shoot tfcd for just 1 hour right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post

Agreed with you, that way i never want to pay.

I know a girl (my gf's friend) whose is a talent and currently active in paid shoot, one fine day, she decided to quit her normal job and try her luck in modelling in HK.
    2 weeks later, she kua kua back to Sinagopre to look for job again.

i think you wont shoot tfcd for just 1 hour right?
    oh ya..

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34567101530 ... LastLast