Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 173237404142

Thread: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    no la
    doing nothing,headache
    i c lack of blood in head but someway blood clot
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

[QUOTE=mystudio;3957596]
    Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post

Ooi.. i never say that hor

TFCD she not interested.. she hear the four letter word run far far away....
    That Free Cant Do
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

This thread is growing real fast.......

So after "XMM strike back", when is "Return of TFCD" showing?

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    This thread is growing real fast.......

So after "XMM strike back", when is "Return of TFCD" showing?
    when sion decides to conduct one

Quote Originally Posted by xiaotinggg View Post
    THE ENDING POINT IS THAT, the photographer is satisfied with the photos he took , and the model is happy with the money.
    To summarized
    GWC - money + photo = XMM + photo + money

GWC -2(money) = XMM
    XMM + 2(money) = GWC

Now i'm confused..... someone help me with the math.

Normally it should be
    TFCD = photographer + photo = model + photo

Paid shot = photographer + photo - money = model + money

Very straight forward as photo = money and photographer = model.

But with the rise of GWC and XMM, the whole balance have change......

Well, there are a lot of so called "models" and so called "photographer" out there...

There is nothing stopping a young girl who wants to make some pocket money if someone is willing to pay for it.

There are a lot to lose as a photographer (so to speak)...

If "models" decided that they want to turn around and sue whoever takes her photos and displaying it on online forum on the basis of defamation (if they don't like the photos) and parents decided they don't agree with the people displaying their daughter's photograph online, they can sue the person who takes and display the photos.

I am not here to disagree with TFCD... because for people who do not have much experience then it is probably the most economical way to learn.

However, the essence is photographer should protect themselves and if the models are below 21 yo, they should get the minor model release signed by their parents/guardian or if they are 21yo and above, then the photographer should have the model release signed by the model themselves. Generally, Law protects the women. There has been some high profile cases in Singapore and overseas.

At the end of the day, its up to the so called "models" and "photographer" decide what they want to do... but it is better to protect oneself against any possible law suit against them.

If you have a face that you take and have any intention to display it... Please think twice..

This is a common practice and people should know it.

Regards,

Hart

Good pointer.

That way i didn't post my model photos on-line. Because my models is my gf and her friends.
    She wouldn't turn around and sue me but she will definitely turn around and kick my ass....

Quote Originally Posted by Agetan View Post
    Well, there are a lot of so called "models" and so called "photographer" out there...

There is nothing stopping a young girl who wants to make some pocket money if someone is willing to pay for it.

There are a lot to lose as a photographer (so to speak)...

If "models" decided that they want to turn around and sue whoever takes her photos and displaying it on online forum on the basis of defamation (if they don't like the photos) and parents decided they don't agree with the people displaying their daughter's photograph online, they can sue the person who takes and display the photos.

I am not here to disagree with TFCD... because for people who do not have much experience then it is probably the most economical way to learn.

However, the essence is photographer should protect themselves and if the models are below 21 yo, they should get the minor model release signed by their parents/guardian or if they are 21yo and above, then the photographer should have the model release signed by the model themselves. Generally, Law protects the women. There has been some high profile cases in Singapore and overseas.

At the end of the day, its up to the so called "models" and "photographer" decide what they want to do... but it is better to protect oneself against any possible law suit against them.

If you have a face that you take and have any intention to display it... Please think twice..

This is a common practice and people should know it.

Regards,

Hart
    The plainiff has to be able to prove in the court of law that the said photo is posted with intent to humiliate, ridicule or defame.

One fails to see how posting a female photo standing in a garden is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressively stated or implied to be factual, that may harm the reputation of an individual.

The law protects the photographer as much as the model.
    Last edited by Sion; 24th April 2008 at 10:23 AM.

Blog Entries

wah really tiring to read through all the pages

i believe that the topic is no longer important and thus i will close the thread

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 173237404142