Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345691429 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    wa i though i'm the only one who knows how to pamper myself
    I had hair straightening last week and went for shopping
    haha.. i just had my hair extension and eyelash extension

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Quote Originally Posted by shinestar View Post
    haha.. i just had my hair extension and eyelash extension
    I've heard the leg-shaving service in Holland Village is reasonably priced too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I've heard the leg-shaving service in Holland Village is reasonably priced too.
    How about waxing? any cheap and good lobang?

Quote Originally Posted by shinestar View Post
    How about waxing? any cheap and good lobang?
    Go to Chinatown backlane.

Those aunties can do it for you cheaply.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    if you bold enough, why not? you will be surprise that in this market, the one who bold enough, will get the job/assignment faster than many other people under same category or even better category.
    Bold in the sense that they willing to pose in BIKINI lah. HaHa

Because so-called "photographers" with little or less experience also can demand paid shoots.

so we have photographers who...

...charge peanuts, and some maybe even below cost, for wedding shoots

...pay newbie models to help them (the models) build their portfolio

sounds like conspiracy of the highest order to destroy the local photography industry

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post

sounds like conspiracy of the highest order to destroy the local photography industry
    For wedding charges, leave it to the buyer to decide, after all there are no published benchmark rates.

Pay newbie models .... u can't ask for 'free lunch' all the time, can u?

This is a FREE economy! There is NO conspiracy ... u need not worry if u are good in your field.
    Last edited by MomentoEverlast; 12th April 2008 at 11:07 PM.

after a long day shoot, very tired liao,
    wow, this thread still alive and kicking leh. lol
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by MomentoEverlast View Post
    Bold in the sense that they willing to pose in BIKINI lah. HaHa
    bold in the sense is take the job first, can swim or can not swim talk later lah.

not can not swim also wear bikini....

wah lao, you just reveal the greatest secret in CS. lol

it like those FTZ ( Free Trade Zone ) change to Free Talent Zone
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Quote Originally Posted by MomentoEverlast View Post
    For wedding charges, leave it to the buyer to decide, after all there are no published benchmark rates.

Pay newbie models .... u can't ask for 'free lunch' all the time, can u?

This is a FREE economy! There is NO conspiracy ... u need not worry if u are good in your field.

not asking for free lunch...but if i'm going to pay for lunch it better be nice to eat. the way i see it, demand is causing an oversupply, such that even average products command premium price.

Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

isnt the answer dam simple? The people are just paying to see assets. showing off one's assets in any way is just a turn on for man. even anyhow pose, also will attract guys to pay and see. dun tell me that u go for the photoshoot to learn portrait photography. even if yes, the fact remains that 90 % = see assets, 10% = learn photography. saints who go for pure photography are extinct mammals.

lets just be more frank and face the fact of life.
    Last edited by kcuf2; 12th April 2008 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

isnt the answer dam simple? The people are just paying to see assets. showing off one's assets in any way is just a turn on for man. even anyhow pose, also will attract guys to pay and see. dun tell me that u go for the photoshoot to learn portrait photography. even if yes, the fact remains that 90 % = see assets, 10% = learn photography. saints who go for pure photography are extinct mammals.

i only remember got some photographers post up very dubious shots of the models

but some here quite obvious they quite interested in their work what

kongo comes to mind

you can feel the love he has for his pictures when you look at them.. then you start lvoing them too

come on lah.... u think so many gals just want your cd meh?
    Let's say they dun mind not paid at all, they expect your skills to be very good, but are u or not?
    For gals skin and face complexion very important, and u expect them to be in hot sun (cosmetic melting) posing sweetie pie for you ugly pricks?
    If you very concerned about value for money, then make sure you know how to screen out the bad ones lor.
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post

That's not true for my case

Quote Originally Posted by sin77 View Post
    come on lah.... u think so many gals just want your cd meh?
    Let's say they dun mind not paid at all, they expect your skills to be very good, but are u or not?
    For gals skin and face complexion very important, and u expect them to be in hot sun (cosmetic melting) posing sweetie pie for you ugly pricks?
    If you very concerned about value for money, then make sure you know how to screen out the bad ones lor.
    if my skills very good hor..then the girls would be paying me to shoot them liao. thats where tfcd comes in....not so experienced model-wannabe's working with not so experienced pro-photographer-wannabe's, sharing any costs involved.

btw...not so nice to call forum members pricks...all it takes is to look into the mirror

if my skills very good hor..then the girls would be paying me to shoot them liao. thats where tfcd comes in....not so experienced model-wannabe's working with not so experienced pro-photographer-wannabe's, sharing any costs involved.

btw...not so nice to call forum members pricks...all it takes is to look into the mirror
    they where got care abt your costs?
    if no money paid, i can sure the "models" supply will be very little.
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Quote Originally Posted by sin77 View Post
    they where got care abt your costs?
    if no money paid, i can sure the "models" supply will be very little.
    of cos they dun care lah....then again not say we desperate to shoot them are we? we are???

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345691429 ... LastLast