Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3182326272829303338 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 830

Thread: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

  1. #541

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    yamapi, please cool down

    obviously everybody has some bias despite claims not to be

    i ask you, if suddenly got caucasian experienced model tell you that she will do tfcd for you, you take or not

    sama sama - give and take and put your points nicely; i'm sure if a girl was telling you about this irl you would not tell her word for word what you have written here so do not be so rude! if anything you will prevent a "all these photographers are bullying me" cry. which would certainly end up with the thread locked - is that what you want?
    Last edited by night86mare; 23rd April 2008 at 07:58 PM.

  2. #542
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaotinggg View Post
    hello, mystudio


    hahas, so i think, the newbie GWC and model shld just signed up for grp shoot, both can learn, and is cheap too! hahas
    If both can learn, give free lah.

  3. #543

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Sure kena lock by police, right DP?
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  4. #544

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    HAHAHAHA
    i would like to correct you


    Charging such high price when that 'particular talent' has only snap shots and a bikini shoot?
    And all of which are CMI from the way me and a few bro sees it.

    That is called realistic?
    It's only 7.30pm now!
    Why are people dreaming


    i think u got my point wrong
    i was saying the model is being realistic in reply to night86mare's thread, because he said that the model shld be realistic and nt charged so high because they will nt get response, and im saying that it is there way of being realistic, by charging so high, in fact, all along, i did nt really said that i support the newbie models who charged high, after all, they are the ones who've caused the market rate to drop ( as so informed by the people here that they are charging 80 dollar per hour for casual )





    hahas, im nt XMMs, at least i dont think so
    well, and im sure that you must direct your attack at that particular model, but as all of you are nt young anymore, got the common sense nt to hire them, right ?
    there are some models here with amble experiences, and moderate rates too
    we are now talking in large, hahas, not refering to the particular

  5. #545
    Senior Member harrynkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    yamapi, please cool down

    obviously everybody has some bias despite claims not to be

    i ask you, if suddenly got caucasian experienced model tell you that she will do tfcd for you, you take or not

    sama sama - give and take and put your points nicely; i'm sure if a girl was telling you about this irl you would not tell her word for word what you have written here so do not be so rude! if anything you will prevent a "all these photographers are bullying me" cry. which would certainly end up with the thread locked - is that what you want?
    i shoot a few fr Russia before when they in spore for some stints and they willing to do TFCD and if i will ask to pay i willing to. why cos they are Caucasian.

    Even local real model willing to do if u have ' right time at the right place'.

    Why does a newbie photog need to pay a newbie model to do shoot

    Pay $80 is too much for even those xmm as 'talent' or 'models'. What those xmm did in here make CS like a aveune to earn fast hard cash on the photogs.

    how i much there still the good old days of Chaby great models to work with. Now, can only consider Modelinn, he been a pro photog and a pro organiser too.
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

  6. #546

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    yamapi, please cool down

    obviously everybody has some bias despite claims not to be

    i ask you, if suddenly got caucasian experienced model tell you that she will do tfcd for you, you take or not

    sama sama - give and take and put your points nicely; i'm sure if a girl was telling you about this irl you would not tell her word for word what you have written here so do not be so rude! if anything you will prevent a "all these photographers are bullying me" cry. which would certainly end up with the thread locked - is that what you want?
    Thus,we shall root out the biased opinions.
    If i would,how does it spoil the market?
    An experienced model offering to do TFCD can never spoil the market unless you are implying this is dreamland where everyone offer their time and effort without a cost because statisically,this is a 1 in a 100 case.

    On the contrary,photographer paying high rates to shoot models spoils the market because it gives people the impression that even though you lack the experience,all that one need is to excel in the physical department.

    No mate,i never give female any preferred treatement.
    You underestimated me

  7. #547

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    i shoot a few fr Russia before when they in spore for some stints and they willing to do TFCD and if i will ask to pay i willing to. why cos they are Caucasian.


    if they are newbie also, you pay them?

    then you are showing double standards, now i bet some russian forum is complaining about the gwc in singapore who is making russian xmm demand 1200 rubles per hour for their shots

  8. #548

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by mystudio View Post
    Not sure if joining group shoot, (especially those with huge photographers to models ratio) can really helps them to learn.

    Most GWC are busy firing to get as many shots as possible, you know, the KIASU syndrome.. If any kind soul try to pose the models too long, they will get "kick" away
    Sometimes you see nice photos posted, try to asked them how they get the photos, I doubt they know.. it just happen that they are at the right place in the right time.

    And nowadays, organised shoots usually comes with many XMM and many outfits.. which means shorter time for each set...

    I still prefer the older days where shoot are done with only one or maximum 2 models. too bad.. the trend has changed.. GWC nowadays prefer to shoot as many XMM as possible within the 3 hours...


    thats why the XMM can quote high high rate mah, this is a cause and an end problem, because someone offered to pay, they started charging high, but with my experinces, mdoeling is definitely not as easy as what everybody think, i think with time to come, when those XMM dont response they will give up lehs )
    BUT sitll give your support to those young models, hahas, if nt no one becomes model le, thn how eh?
    offer them TFCD and amazed them with your fab portfolio will work la
    when i was new, i did tired quite variety of TFCDs hahs, but that was two yrs ago =.=
    what to do, THE WORLD HAS CHANGED

  9. #549

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaotinggg View Post
    i think u got my point wrong
    i was saying the model is being realistic in reply to night86mare's thread, because he said that the model shld be realistic and nt charged so high because they will nt get response, and im saying that it is there way of being realistic, by charging so high, in fact, all along, i did nt really said that i support the newbie models who charged high, after all, they are the ones who've caused the market rate to drop ( as so informed by the people here that they are charging 80 dollar per hour for casual )





    hahas, im nt XMMs, at least i dont think so
    well, and im sure that you must direct your attack at that particular model, but as all of you are nt young anymore, got the common sense nt to hire them, right ?
    there are some models here with amble experiences, and moderate rates too
    we are now talking in large, hahas, not refering to the particular

    I'm not referring to particular but the whole lot of who have join the ranks of deluded souls

  10. #550

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    Thus,we shall root out the biased opinions.
    If i would,how does it spoil the market?
    An experienced model offering to do TFCD can never spoil the market unless you are implying this is dreamland where everyone offer their time and effort without a cost because statisically,this is a 1 in a 100 case.

    On the contrary,photographer paying high rates to shoot models spoils the market because it gives people the impression that even though you lack the experience,all that one need is to excel in the physical department.

    No mate,i never give female any preferred treatement.
    You underestimated me
    1) if the model has good poses, and is pretty, and even though only work 2 months but show quick improvement, you not willing to pay? then you are being very stubborn and not very pragmatic aren't you?

    2) an experienced model offering to do tfcd for newbies doesn't spoil the market? ok lor, now is your double standards hor, don't mind me saying. the xmm spoil market, but your experienced russian model will be forever right in your eyes..? btw, you should come to london, the russian girls there are not so pretty then you can break free of your addiction.

    3) since when xmm got excel in physical dept?

  11. #551
    Senior Member harrynkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post


    if they are newbie also, you pay them?

    then you are showing double standards, now i bet some russian forum is complaining about the gwc in singapore who is making russian xmm demand 1200 rubles per hour for their shots
    the girls are not newbie, they are models fr Russia. those newbie i only willing to do test shoot for them
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

  12. #552

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    the girls are not newbie, they are models fr Russia. those newbie i only willing to do test shoot for them
    aiya if they are experienced model then another thing.. must be cos they look you up what

    i show them my landscapes you see if they gimme tfcd?

    but i must say, you must not get carried away with the very strong opinonated sarong party boys.. for all you know, maybe the xmm go overseas also say they are model to russian guys..

    there is a saying, all that is caucasian is not gold.. if one keeps declaring that he will pay any amount for a particular race just because it is rare is no better than a gwc, jsut that he cares more about the race of the girl than the camera or the photograph..
    Last edited by night86mare; 23rd April 2008 at 08:21 PM.

  13. #553
    Senior Member harrynkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    xmm offer high fees

    orgainser got to cover cost, orgainise charge more

    then photog got to pay more

    in the end, photog's loss
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

  14. #554
    Senior Member harrynkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,651

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    aiya if they are experienced model then another thing.. must be cos they look you up what

    i show them my landscapes you see if they gimme tfcd?

    but i must say, you must not get carried away with the very strong opinonated sarong party boys.. for all you know, maybe the xmm go overseas also say they are model to russian guys..
    if i wear sarong they look me up. funny they will think i small kid

    the truth is xmm cant even make it the malaysia's shores, maybe ubin or tekon can.
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

  15. #555

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    HEY! laughs, night86mare, dont underestimate those XMMs, ive seen some who has really gd curves la!

  16. #556

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaotinggg View Post
    well, maybe some detailed thoughts, i think the photog approached the young models either to increase their portfolio if nt try out a new theme which will save them money, isn't it?
    how much will it cost you to hire those young models for casual? im sure at the very maximum 50 dollars per hour for casual, isn't it?
    but still i feel its right to pay for their cab fare , their time and hard work
    if both the girl and photographer have an interest in expanding their portfolio then this could come under the tfcd category and costs can be shared. there is no free lunch. if you say the girl gives her time and hard work, then what about the photographer? free time and play? what about other costs like mua? is the photographer expected to foot the bill too?

    ok lets say if this is not tfcd and the photographer has to "hire" the model who i assume should have the appropriate modeling skill and experience already. so the photographer pays the girl for her time incl transport, pays for the mua. should the model be entitled to free photos then? in this case i think she should pay for any photos that she wants.


    Quote Originally Posted by xiaotinggg View Post
    If models are doing TFCD with most of the photographers, thn who wil pay to shoot them in the future when they are experienced?
    if the models are any good, they don't have to worry about being paid in future.

  17. #557

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    if i wear sarong they look me up. funny they will think i small kid

    the truth is xmm cant even make it the malaysia's shores, maybe ubin or tekon can.
    hahahahhahaa

    if they go pulau tekong hor

    i think all the bmt boys will bleed from all their orifices and implode

  18. #558

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaotinggg View Post
    HEY! laughs, night86mare, dont underestimate those XMMs, ive seen some who has really gd curves la!


    just like i have seen some overseas models with no curves either

    but that said, to be fair, most of the overseas shot organisers have brought in models that are relatively decent.. like they have mentioned, in the past got charby, now got modelinn

  19. #559

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    one particular case i will not mention that appears here very frequently is that of the fake eyelashes being so obviously fake that if a lizard fell on it, it would get impaled on the fake eyelash and die in agony.
    OUCH! i feel for the lizard man...




  20. #560

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    [QUOTE=madmacs;3956582]

    ok lets say if this is not tfcd and the photographer has to "hire" the model who i assume should have the appropriate modeling skill and experience already. so the photographer pays the girl for her time incl transport, pays for the mua. should the model be entitled to free photos then? in this case i think she should pay for any photos that she wants.





    NO, i dont think a paid model shld be entittled any free photos,maybe one or two on the courtesy of photograpehrs.
    THose XMMs got asked for photos meh?



    WHY my photog always never send me one de? hahas, those XMMs really fortunate lo.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •