Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 152023242526273035 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Patron: Uncle I want chicken rice 1 plate...i nv eat before...can u pay me to try ur chicken rice too?

Hawker: Okay...I pay you $2 FIRST, Then give you one plate of WHOLE chicken rice...add some oyster sauce veggie, towgay, egg, soup + holding fork and spoon and FEED you personally, WIPE your mouth after you finished and finally tabao an EXTRA packet.

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    i think CS shud come up with a system to benefit the real models than those wannabe...like submitting the portfolio to get privileges to offer their true blue modelling services ...and also must benefit the photographers...those with no proper or quality portfolio can only do TFCD until they get a proper portfolio done...

this was how it was done in the past...models or the agency pay so much to get their portfolios done up nicely up to standard

this is a photography forum...it shud be the photographers getting paid to shoot these "models" not the other way round
    if they really think they are so good...then start a modelling forum to benefit themselves.

Patron: Uncle I want chicken rice 1 plate...i nv eat before...can u pay me to try ur chicken rice too?
    Hawker: Okay...here is one plate of chicken rice...added some complimentary condiments...and nah...give u $2

same as...

"Models" : Just recently started modelling with little experience...hee hee...looking preferably for paid jobs...TFCD will be considered if the idea is good.. no nude/no lingerie/no bikini...plus i want the photos for my portfolio...hee hee wink wink...
    Photographer: i pay u $50/hr...find and pay MUA for u...teach u how to pose...edit ur photo...and give it to u...maybe we find a few girls...then can do org shoot too

Sounds familiar? or r u guilty of this? Its time to put the camera aside and think abt it...after u paid to shoot the "models" what do u get in return? portfolios tt help u earn back wat u spent on the girls and ur equipments?
    Yea,Why have photographer become the one who to pay to shoot.
    It is simply because some photographer have fall short the standard of being professional in their line of work and constantly thinking with their wrong head.
    And by doing so,they have spoilt the market because they have just set a new standard and a very flawed one at that.
    Thus,making model think that demanding paid shots,photos and transport is rightfully their privillege to begin with.
    I just browse the service forum yesterday and saw another upcoming 'talent',requesting paid shot and in her portfolio all i saw was snapshots and a bikini shoot.
    Asking for photos after doing a paid shoot is unprofessional and go against the work ethic of a model and the same applies to photographer who gives in.
    It's ok to give one or 2.
    I do that too as a matter of courtesy but giving more than 4 in my opinion is too much because it slowly gives model the impression that they are subjected to such privileges.
    I've see models lacking charecter,told her to take 2 pics off my multiply as a form of courtesy and she took 4 and then took another 1 to post on her blog against her enemy.
    Wow,imagine the classical ironism.
    Paying yet having my pic ripped of without my consent.
    And did i mention her not returning the change when i paid more?

And what can i say about Photographers who says photographer themselve should do 90% of the work in TFCD..
    Oh the biggest bullshyt since the rise of homo sapien.
    It's no wonder models are acting like "dua pai".
    These 'talent' will never pay to have their photo shot because they have no intention to venture into the modelling industry.

'GWC' should start thinking with the right head.
    I'm sure many have reasons to believe that the market has been spoilt.

Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    'GWC' should start thinking with the right head.
    I'm sure many have reasons to believe that the market has been spoilt.
    Ya. GWC are born with 2 heads, but always use the wrong head to think when due with xmm.

Quote Originally Posted by yamapi View Post
    Yea,Why have photographer become the one who to pay to shoot.
    It is simply because some photographer have fall short the standard of being professional in their line of work and constantly thinking with their wrong head.
    And by doing so,they have spoilt the market because they have just set a new standard and a very flawed one at that.
    Thus,making model think that demanding paid shots,photos and transport is rightfully their privillege to begin with.
    I just browse the service forum yesterday and saw another upcoming 'talent',requesting paid shot and in her portfolio all i saw was snapshots and a bikini shoot.
    Last night, I saw this ads:

Hi all ,
    i have just Started out modelling not long ago.
    But I'm keen in trying out different themes .

I'm pretty lack of experience and need guidance.

Thinking maybe I can be of service to her, I pm her, asking whether we can have a shoot ....... and here's the reply I received this morning (short and super brief)

If you can paid I, 1 hour $80...

No wonder so many of you are MAD!
    always the Light, .... always.

One thing we if don't want to pay ""models" with little or less experience, got tons of people quequeing up wanting to pay them for photo shoots one.

One way to stop it if we don't like is to become a law-maker and pass a law forbidding such practice and have the police enforcing it.

Or we can add another Tu Lan post in this thread to make it to 9,999.

Or find an auntie to shoot:

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post

if you pay more, she will dress extra sexy

Blog Entries

actually hor, since this is a photography forum
    we have more photographers than "models"

but hor, if you go to model forum ... ...

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post

but hor, if you go to model forum ... ...
    ...skally half of the people are GWCs lurking and hoping to pay xmm big money...

not real models

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    woooo.... what would it be if i pay double

$160/1 hour/1 shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post

$160/1 hour/1 shot?
    then she will be very kind and bring 2 tissue boxes for your bleeding nose

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post

$160/1 hour/1 shot?
    You pay double, she smokes a cigar for you:

Blog Entries

keep it clean peeps

this is a family site
    Last edited by ortega; 23rd April 2008 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    further than that ... if u pay double the amount ... who knows ... maybe a 'special'

Quote Originally Posted by MomentoEverlast View Post
    further than that

play nice la, see ortega's post

xmm all very innocent one.. plus don't forget, you are talking about people's sister or daughter here, have some respect

Hi all ,

Thinking maybe I can be of service to her, I pm her, asking whether we can have a shoot ....... and here's the reply I received this morning (short and super brief)

Opss... too much OT

Actually if you interested, can tell her that you actually looking for TFCD and offer her a theme.
    Maybe she will be ok with that to build her profile.

Hi all ,

WHat!
    $80 and hour?
    her portfolio has NOTHING and yet demanding such rates?
    It's pretty obvious that she is here for the wrong reason and taking advantage of the market situiations.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MomentoEverlast View Post
    further than that ... if u pay double the amount ... who knows ... maybe a 'special'
    just after i post an open warning for all
    infraction given

Hi all ,

name the ger and black list her then we know

$80 plus another $50 i can get a cascasian to do a shoot for me. and it 3 hrs shoot. Girl u better wake up from dreamland

Who she think she is, dun play play with the masters in here, take them as Robert Cake
    Last edited by harrynkl; 23rd April 2008 at 12:21 PM.
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    name the ger and black list her then we know
    I pm u bro

thxs mate, will take note.
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 152023242526273035 ... LastLast