Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 121720212223242732 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    The Masters of Kopitiam Art:

I like your stock images. You are such a versatile shooter. I believe you often shoot in delight. Thanks for keeping up the spirit here!

So, do you shoot for trade?

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    If the XMMs know they are unkowingly providing such "extra service" their fees will go up some more.
    You mean after a few poses during the shot, the XMM will ask: "Mister, you want special?"

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post

Some shoot to get paid
    some shoot to get laid
    some shoot to experience shooting
    some shoot for trade
    some shoot to mingle
    some shoot for fun
    BUT many
    dont know what they are shooting.
    Wait.... after over a decade in photography, am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    One most important thing: I usually like to hire xmm models because I find caucasian/Eurasian models too easy to shoot. They usually look good and have no problems with a lot of angles. If a photo turns out good everytime, is there anything we can learn about face angles and composition? Anyway, using xmms to train up is encouraged by an old wedding photographer here in CS. To OT a bit, a face recognition system finds it difficult to detect Caucasians than Asians. Normally Asian face recognition can hit 97% recognition rate with conventional methods. Caucasian/African faces need a more complex hybrid technique which consumes more computing resources. Why? Because mathematically, they all look the same as they generally are well-chiselled around the eyes and nose.

So, I will still use xmms.
    Wow this is the BS of all BS's.
    Those of you having problems getting permission from wives to shoot XMM's should quote from Leejay.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyforever View Post
    Wow this is the BS of all BS's.
    Those of you having problems getting permission from wives to shoot XMM's should quote from Leejay.
    Can not say people BS lar, so harsh... wait people complaint you.
    For those GWC XMM, I can only say "Love is Blind".

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    For those GWC XMM, I can only say "Love is Blind".
    For next round ClubSnap T shirt design and Mass Order.

I propose we have a specially design T shirt dedicated to all the hardcore XMM shooters and all the XXM models, for thanking them to keep "Portrait and Poses" and the "Service offered and wanted" so alive.

The theme of the T shirt design will be "GWC XMM"

Anyone interested to summit their design, can post it here...
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    I think those two are being gentlemanly and considerate.

They didn't spell it out.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

I propose we have a specially design T shirt dedicated to all the hardcore XMM shooters and all the XXM models, for thanking them to keep "Portrait and Poses" and the "Service offered and wanted" so alive.

I've got one for you:

WTF ..... after nearly 450 posts, i still don't get what all these pro shooters are whining about the xmm and the gwc? ..... can someone kindly summarize them?
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    WTF ..... after nearly 450 posts, i still don't get what all these pro shooters are whining about the xmm and the gwc? ..... can someone kindly summarize them?
    lets see...

those who dun shoot the xmm wondering why GWC willing to pay to shoot xmm and teach them to pose.

GWC who shoot xmm defend why they need to pay to shoot xmm and teach them to pose.

xmm see GWC think since GWC willing to pay, why not. so rope in their kaki and all chorus "paid shoot only. no nude or lingerie. no tfcd unless interesting esp bridal".

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

I can prepare the t-shirts and transfer prints...
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    lets see...

those who dun shoot the xmm wondering why GWC willing to pay to shoot xmm and teach them to pose.

GWC who shoot xmm defend why they need to pay to shoot xmm and teach them to pose.

xmm see GWC think since GWC willing to pay, why not. so rope in their kaki and all chorus "paid shoot only. no nude or lingerie. no tfcd unless interesting esp bridal".
    so the jury (those who dun shoot xmm?) found the GWC guilty of spoiling the market for a potentially cheap/free human labour?....

is child labour
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    so the jury (those who dun shoot xmm?) found the GWC guilty of spoiling the market for a potentially cheap/free human labour?....
    signed, sealed, chopped!

sentencing will decided tomorrow.

very simple, many just want a quick way to make money.. as long as there is a nice face, nice legs and nice chest, they think they can make money to be photographed.

professional photographers are not stupid to waste time on such.. unless they saw very good face/hair features.
    Last edited by Exposure; 21st April 2008 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    signed, sealed, chopped!

sentencing will decided tomorrow.

chop their camera

i think they more pain than chop them

because now GWC become GwC (Guy without Camera).. they have become normal peasants

Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    is child labour
    Wahahaha... gosh... this is funny bro... hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    professional photographers are not stupid to waste time on such.. unless they saw very good face/hair features.
    I thought a lot of ppl here believe that the CS GWC equate = Pro photographers?
    No wonder they are paying a hefty sum to all the newbie models ... maybe they see good features on them that we dont see....

Haa, cos some of them think it's a challenge and levels of difficulties are higher to shoot those xmm rather than xyz on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by wakaowalao View Post
    Haa, cos some of them think it's a challenge and levels of difficulties are higher to shoot those xmm rather than xyz on the streets.
    its more challenging to shoot in film than in digital, but how come during film era we don't see so many GWC around?

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 121720212223242732 ... LastLast