Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123471227 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 830

Thread: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

  1. #21
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Have been keeping this topic inside my stomach for very long liao, must say something!

    Standards of 'models' and 'photographers' varies very much here. There is nothing wrong with that. This is a learning ground for both models and photographers. It's great to be here isn't it? If not, this site won't be so popular.

    The thing is, if you can boldly call yourself a model or photographer, then better show us something that can make most of the people here say wow, that's a good pose, or wow, that's a good photo! If not, then go train yourself up and come to offer your service some other time. Don't just simply call yourself a model or photographer if your portfolio is nothing but just snapshots with blend lightings and simple poses and yet asking for paid jobs. It's not going to work like this, and you better feel that way!

    Your portfolio will tell us everything whether you are experience or not. So don't ask for $ if you don't have the skills and experience. Don't pretend. We all know if you are or are not.

    Yet again, if silly photographers paying so-called 'models' for paid shoot, we can't say anything. It's a give and take or supply and demand thing. What we can do in private discussions here is 'this so-and-so is so stupid to pay this so-and-so $ for a shoot. His $ no where to put issit?', or comments like this.

    By saying this, I'm hoping to be able to push the standard of this site higher, with people of certain modelling and photography calibre offering their service at a cost, with the newbies offering and learning from TFCDs. I thought that will be a very natural way to go, not a site filling with people finding quick bucks here. It's sick.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  2. #22
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    haha .... it's seasonal la school holidays, etc....

    my observation is that these virgin "models" self-graduated too quickly. On the average, not more than 3 tfcd or 6 months, whichever comes first......
    if you bold enough, why not? you will be surprise that in this market, the one who bold enough, will get the job/assignment faster than many other people under same category or even better category.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #23

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Glimmer of hope for WHAT? Let's just concentrate on either glamor or fashion modeling. How on earth does a 155, 156, 157 or even a 158cm tall, with no figure whatsoever, ever make it?
    short girls are cute!

  4. #24

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    By saying this, I'm hoping to be able to push the standard of this site higher, with people of certain modelling and photography calibre offering their service at a cost, with the newbies offering and learning from TFCDs. I thought that will be a very natural way to go, not a site filling with people finding quick bucks here. It's sick.
    i think a lot of people are trying to do this, not just for p&p..

    but then.. bulk of people still like it the way it is.. oh well

    recently even better, got "alternative model and photographer" pairing that are very very smug and confident with their works

  5. #25
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i think a lot of people are trying to do this, not just for p&p..

    but then.. bulk of people still like it the way it is.. oh well

    recently even better, got "alternative model and photographer" pairing that are very very smug and confident with their works
    maybe I too busy, maybe I miss it, which "alternative model and photographer" are you referring??
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  6. #26
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    recently even better, got "alternative model and photographer" pairing that are very very smug and confident with their works
    Very interesting...which pair?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  7. #27
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    if I want to sabo you, I will replace two mods' link in your post.
    Last edited by catchlights; 12th April 2008 at 10:40 AM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  8. #28

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    don't worry, if someone is good, you will see them here three years later.
    ok you seen it already, can edit away my post or not

  9. #29
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?
    Why not?

    You don't expect to pay them nothing for standing under the hot sun and smile and sweat for you. Do you?

    Even neighbour aunties pose for me I also take them to cinema, makan and pay for their hair perm.

    We live in Paygapore. Everything must pay one.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    short girls are cute!
    That's because you don't have a ladder.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Why not?

    You don't expect to pay them nothing for standing under the hot sun and smile and sweat for you. Do you?

    Even neighbour aunties pose for me I also take them to cinema, makan and pay for their hair perm.

    We live in Paygapore. Everything must pay one.
    I think of theme for them, direct them, pose them, who's gonna pay me? What I'm saying is, if the models don't know how to pose given a certain agreed theme and setup, then they don't deserved to be paid.

    Of course, you have the moola and can go pay your aunties and 'models' for what I care.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  12. #32
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    I think of theme for them, direct them, pose them, who's gonna pay me? What I'm saying is, if the models don't know how to pose given a certain agreed theme and setup, then they don't deserved to be paid.

    Of course, you have the moola and can go pay your aunties and 'models' for what I care.
    Heheh... Sorry sorry.

    I've thought your're the thread starter. I didn't look at the first page.

    I don't have moola.

    I pay them with poola, goola, doola or any toola they want.
    Last edited by Sion; 12th April 2008 at 11:27 AM.

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    the photographers should strike back and start being tfcd models as well

    Ahem, some photographer friends (male and female) of mine could pass off as decent models.
    What if the "models" start crying out about the loss of a rice bowl?
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  14. #34
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Heheh... Sorry sorry.

    I've thought your're the thread starter. I didn't look at the first page.

    I don't have moola.

    I pay them with poola, goola, doola or any toola they want.
    No worries mate. For inexperience models, I usually provide transport and a meal to show my appreciation of their hard work. Usually they are quite OK with that. For those who demanded moolas, I'll give them a kite!

    Of course, I'll pay if the model is experienced and I need him/her to shoot for a theme.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  15. #35

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    It doesn't take a A*star scholar to note that there is money to be make when you are still a JC, poly, campus student (15 to 22) .....
    imagine, you try to book some of the more popular ones (pretti face but not so good in posing) and you will be surprised that they are literally book/busy with shoot, everyday or "until the next month".... multiply that by $50 to $150 per shoot ..... enough for them to change their cosmetic brands, handphones, handbags......
    always the Light, .... always.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Of course, you have the moola and can go pay your aunties and 'models' for what I care.
    dont mess with bro SION ... he is the ultimate auntie-killer
    always the Light, .... always.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    It doesn't take a A*star scholar to note that there is money to be make when you are still a JC, poly, campus student (15 to 22) .....
    imagine, you try to book some of the more popular ones (pretti face but not so good in posing) and you will be surprised that they are literally book/busy with shoot, everyday or "until the next month".... multiply that by $50 to $150 per shoot ..... enough for them to change their cosmetic brands, handphones, handbags......
    Then they're gone for the rest of the year. These are not models. They're posers who are in need of moola. This is what I see as quick $.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  18. #38

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    short girls are cute!
    yea man isn't Portia around that height too? (no offence meant to her)

  19. #39

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    if I want to sabo you, I will replace two mods' link in your post.


    i think they can tell hurhur

  20. #40

    Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

    Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    Ahem, some photographer friends (male and female) of mine could pass off as decent models.
    What if the "models" start crying out about the loss of a rice bowl?
    actually

    i was talkin about sion

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123471227 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •