Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718212641 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I prefer the other way round....

I shoot you, you pay me...

not I shoot you, and I still have to pay you...

or I shoot you, and I still have to pay for your makeup, transport, lunch, dinner etc...
    Ehhh.. I thot we suppose to do TFCD? Lol

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Quote Originally Posted by precious.jas View Post
    Ehhh.. I thot we suppose to do TFCD? Lol
    I don't sponsor make up, I don't buy lunch or dinner, and I'm too lazy to think of a theme what to shoot nowadays..

maybe you want to do this type??

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

I don't sponsor make up, I don't buy lunch or dinner, and I'm too lazy to think of a theme what to shoot nowadays..

maybe you want to do this type??

Lol. I can afford my own lunch/dinner, I got my own MUA. I MIGHT have a theme in mind. But well.. Sometimes I got no time!

Lol. I can afford my own lunch/dinner, I got my own MUA. I MIGHT have a theme in mind. But well.. Sometimes I got no time!
    I'm so touch....

so many XXMs dare to put people aeroplane, better come and learn something from dai ka jie.

Hahaha. Actually.. Got more! Aiya...
    The list is like a telephone book?

I prefer the other way round....

I shoot you, you pay me...

not I shoot you, and I still have to pay you...

or I shoot you, and I still have to pay for your makeup, transport, lunch, dinner etc...
    I'll send you a few of my neighbourhood aunties:

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I'll send you a few of my neighbourhood aunties:

thank you, I got plenty here also.

The list is like a telephone book?
    If you want to drill into telephone book... I even have international ones

I'm so touch....

so many XXMs dare to put people aeroplane, better come and learn something from dai ka jie.
    Or... Lao Ka Jie

Originally Posted by wakaowalao
    Haa, this thread is growing strong and entertaining as days goes by. Yap, thats a very good question too, although I still think those "models" are having a much easier way of earning those $$ and more too.

"Models"

Carrying small make up kit-> bring maybe 1 or 2 extra costumes-> take cab-> pose, twist, smile-> collect payment-> collect photos, depends whether photographers wants to give, but hey pretty gal ask for it, you don't give meh?.

Bro - Do you really think Models only carry what you stated.

Frankly, I will be engaging one Model very soon…Fix rate here S$70.00 per hour x2 = S$140.00. She is really Awesome.eeee Looking and most importantly I think she fit the Image Im wanting to CapTure – An Awesome.eee Female Drummer who looks good, sexy, wild and energetic…aggressive maybe in a way – That is my own Perception of a Female Drummer yet feminine in a way……

As mentioned, I only started Photography (not really photography I call it) – learning how to operate the Basic Camera last week…..my main purpose and passion is still Drumming……I can get the best looking Model to fit the Female Drummer Image, but I’m not even a Beginner Photographer (sad to admit) yet I needed the pics…..for reasons here.

I will pay her the fees, but I needed good experience Photographer to help me take the shots of her and where to place my 5 sets of Drums so that she could be taken at all the right angles & tell her to post well. (or else I will waste my $$$$ to engage her – worst my own photos all come out blur hahahaha)….then I pay her another time.

I had ask her to recommend me some photographers – but they must not charge me $$$$ (the Photographer get to keep what he has taken- but on condition he must also give me all the photos he took into a CD and give it to me that's fair too – so I could choose the best photos to put up for my purpose) - - - I’m using this Photos to promote Female-Drummers & Drumming in our small little island in Singapore…

As our Bro wakaowalao quoted might not be so true here in this case. Whaty If I asked her to Carry different Cymbals(these are Brass and they are heavy), also what if I asked her to carry my Snare Drum (it could be heavy when it’s 20-Ply Drums superb Quality Drums) hahahahaha……..If me wicked ask her carry the Bass-Drum she will die (she wont last 30 seconds)……..So it depends – what we want her to hold in her hands to post. She could be sweating from head to toe at end of day….Nah.hhhh – I’m not so wicked….(just joking here)

But yes I need a Model to post in my coming Female-Drummer Role..

PS: - If I get a MOdel who is willing to not charge us and help us promote Drumming in Singapore - she probably becomes pretty popular in the Music Scene here especially among Drummers.....but I dont think they would unless of course she is interested in Music and Drumming.

Cheers !
    Last edited by RudimentalDrummer; 17th April 2008 at 04:57 PM.

An XMM's photos can't fill an empty tummy.
    But it warm many lonely soul.....

Quote Originally Posted by RudimentalDrummer View Post
    Frankly, I will be engaging one Model very soon…Fix rate here S$70.00 per hour x2 = S$140.00. She is really Awesome.eeee Looking and most importantly I think she fit the Image Im wanting to CapTure – An Awesome.eee Female Drummer who looks good, sexy, wild and energetic…aggressive maybe in a way – That is my own Perception of a Female Drummer yet feminine in a way……

As mentioned, I only started Photography (not really photography I call it) – learning how to operate the Basic Camera last week…..my main purpose and passion is still Drumming……I can get the best looking Model to fit the Female Drummer Image, but I’m not even a Beginner Photographer (sad to admit) yet I needed the pics…..for reasons here.

I will pay her the fees, but I needed good experience Photographer to help me take the shots of her and where to place my 5 sets of Drums so that she could be taken at all the right angles & tell her to post well. (or else I will waste my $$$$ to engage her – worst my own photos all come out blur hahahaha)….then I pay her another time.

I had ask her to recommend me some photographers – but they must not charge me $$$$ (the Photographer get to keep what he has taken- but on condition he must also give me all the photos he took into a CD and give it to me that's fair too – so I could choose the best photos to put up for my purpose) - - - I’m using this Photos to promote Female-Drummers & Drumming in our small little island in Singapore…

As our Bro wakaowalao quoted might not be so true here in this case. Whaty If I asked her to Carry different Cymbals(these are Brass and they are heavy), also what if I asked her to carry my Snare Drum (it could be heavy when it’s 20-Ply Drums superb Quality Drums) hahahahaha……..If me wicked ask her carry the Bass-Drum she will die (she wont last 30 seconds)……..So it depends – what we want her to hold in her hands to post. She could be sweating from head to toe at end of day….Nah.hhhh – I’m not so wicked….(just joking here)

PS: - If I get a MOdel who is willing to not charge us and help us promote Drumming in Singapore - she probably becomes pretty popular in the Music Scene here especially among Drummers.....but I dont think they would unless of course she is interested in Music and Drumming.

Cheers !
    you are willing to pay a model, but you are not willing to pay a photographer???
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

If you can have a awesome.eeee looking model for your theme, there will be lot of people wanting to be your photographer, but the photo quality.......hahaha... can't comments.

Lumiere;3936073-

If these girls in CS are called models...then wat r the real models out there called...do we give a promotion to the models as Supermodels and the Supersmodels to Ultra Models?
    I think they can call themselves whatever (It’s up to them.) and I respect your opinion here – To each his or her own – it’s not wrong neither. Talent would be (a very subjective connotation here) – What kind of Talents – Model would be easier understood on the purpose they are here at CS for. The role they serve or would want to serve to work with the community here.

If u feel that if the goods are inferior...or the person trade is only benefits one side only...i dun think anyone in the right state of mind would be forking out money for it. I feel that these girls are not worth paying for as a model...but if someone is still willing to pay...they shud be paying these talents nominal fees.

I do agree with you here somehow but like in any Trade-you win some you loose sometimes…..No body knows till they got the experience – but you don’t try you don’t know……..

Look at wat the world is coming to...where the subject is getting paid to be photographed and yet can demand the raw images or even the edited photos
    shouldn't it be

This area I do not know. Maybe they should’nt, or maybe out of goodwill and partnership in a way the Photos they are asking back is for their Testimonial Purposes eg This are shots taken of them in previous shoot-out…No harm (a give & take situation) but of course I think out of goodwill – the Photograher might agree to give it to them….

Right now its

2) Photographer does TFCD...hafta provide make up artist, directions to inexperience talents and process photos and give them the bulk of it

Like that cannot lah – I will makeup for her myself (so free one or I ask my neighbour’s wife to makeup for her) hahahaha.

PS: - - Didn’t know so much conflict lies inbetween A Photograher & a Model here??????

The best option is thus – A Trade-Off, strike a common understanding between both Parties towards a Win-Win Situation. This way Photographer Happy – Model also Happy – Result – Best Pictures good for both ends.

Just my 2cent

Cheers and Happy Photographing
    Last edited by RudimentalDrummer; 17th April 2008 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    you are willing to pay a model, but you are not willing to pay a photographer???
    Look...I can always have my friends help me out too (just didn't want to bother them)...and I saw Some Photographer here who does engage Models?.

In a way - am I really Unfair?, Isn't it a Win-Win Situation here, I'm paying for the Models and using my own Venue with my own 5 sets of Drums?...Not forgetting also that this is a place where they are many kinds of Photographer some Professionals and some merely out of Passion....anything wrong?

If like what you have quoted - Is CS the place where one's need to pay for a Photographer to share what I wanna do now -or CS is a place where the Passion for Photography is for the community here?....

It's like the Models here - some you pay some dont need to pay - dpending to each his own
    Last edited by RudimentalDrummer; 17th April 2008 at 05:39 PM.

vince123123
    Guests

That's probably due to the mindset already formed that photographers are free and will do for passion, but models must be paid and will never do for passion.

Amazing how things have progressed huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post

The best option is thus – A Trade-Off, strike a common understanding between both Parties towards a Win-Win Situation. This way Photographer Happy – Model also Happy – Result – Best Pictures good for both ends.

new cook cannot charge high?
    new doctor cannot charge high?
    new masseur cannot charge high?
    new lawyer cannot charge high?

the client happy, who cares? if after a few client pay high high not happy, then no more liao loh, market will balance itself.
    but why this not happening despite complaints of model behaving like queen, no experience, etc?
    problem does not lie with model; and not entirely with photographer either - it is the community's mindset and indirect demand for
    "xmm shots" where people "nosebleed" and "wa" and anyhow praise even when composition, pp sucks.
    there is huge difference between encouragement and satisfying your desire to look at girl photos

don't blame photographers, don't blame the model also; everybody has a part to play. if clubsnap disallows frivolous comments, among which sometimes i have seen people blatantly asking for model number, the humsup will go away, and problems solved.
    Last edited by night86mare; 17th April 2008 at 05:56 PM.

Haa, this thread is growing strong and entertaining as days goes by. Yap, thats a very good question too, although I still think those "models" are having a much easier way of earning those $$ and more too.

"Models"

Carrying small make up kit-> bring maybe 1 or 2 extra costumes-> take cab-> pose, twist, smile-> collect payment-> collect photos, depends whether photographers wants to give, but hey pretty gal ask for it, you don't give meh?.

Cheers !
    Well, if you are paying, you darn free to make her carry whatever you want. If your models can fufil your requirements and do it well, good for ya, that's money well spent for YOU. But hey, $140 for 2 hours job carrying some heavy stuff. To me, still an easy way of earning $$.

And since you said you have friend who can help you with the shooting, why not get your female friends to pose for ya? You may not wish to bother your female friends too, but isn't it ironic that you still rather pay for models and not for photographers?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

the client happy, who cares? if after a few client pay high high not happy, then no more liao loh, market will balance itself.
    but why this not happening despite complaints of model behaving like queen, no experience, etc?
    problem does not lie with model; and not entirely with photographer either - it is the community's mindset and indirect demand for
    "xmm shots" where people "nosebleed" and "wa" and anyhow praise even when composition, pp sucks.
    there is huge difference between encouragement and satisfying your desire to look at girl photos

don't blame photographers, don't blame the model also; everybody has a part to play. if clubsnap disallows frivolous comments, among which sometimes i have seen people blatantly asking for model number, the humsup will go away, and problems solved.

YES to all, cause they have achieved the requirements, getting certified.
    But those XMM, haa, the so called experiences don't count.

"Models"

Cheers !
    You NEED the pics, you want a GOOD and EXPERIENCE photographer helping you setting up your stuff, teaching the models on posing, give ALL photos to you etc etc for FREE??

End of the day,
    The "Poor" model who may need to carry some heavy drums still gets to pocket -> $140 + pics.

Talk about win-win situations.

Wow.