Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202540 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Quote Originally Posted by precious.jas View Post
    LOL! I been reading and its getting really entertaining
    I've beginning to like Kopitiam more than P&P.. Everytime the same faces, same poses, sometimes the talents even wear the same outfits for every shoot. Its getting boring. This topic can be never ending. Supply and demand is one thing, another thing is... No matter who pay who, its all agreed and YOU did it willingly. There is nothing to argue about. I have many who think my rates are high but then again, there are also some who think my rates are reasonable! How to define this? Its tough...
    haha.. visiting kopitiam and listening to people TCSS and contributing a little here and there is definitely fun, thats why you see all the uncle, aunty, taxi drivers always like to visit kopitiam.. oops.. hope its not a syndrome that we are ageing..

well, its really demand and suppy thing, we can talk until it hit 999 posts and start part 2 but its still the same. Right now we are talking.. I am sure some photographers are msn-ing the gals discussing the shoot..

you know something suddenly strike my mind.. who is the smart fellow who started paying XMM for shoot and setting the rate.. like $60 an hour? how come the rate is not like $10 or $20 an hour huh?

Maybe must ask those old old bird...(eg.. A***N)

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Quote Originally Posted by shinestar View Post
    haha.. visiting kopitiam and listening to people TCSS and contributing a little here and there is definitely fun, thats why you see all the uncle, aunty, taxi drivers always like to visit kopitiam.. oops.. hope its not a syndrome that we are ageing..

well, its really demand and suppy thing, we can talk until it hit 999 posts and start part 2 but its still the same. Right now we are talking.. I am sure some photographers are msn-ing the gals discussing the shoot..

you know something suddenly strike my mind.. who is the smart fellow who started paying XMM for shoot and setting the rate.. like $60 an hour? how come the rate is not like $10 or $20 an hour huh?

Maybe must ask those old old bird...(eg.. A***N)
    Ultimately, there is no 'market' rates to start off with. You quote based on your confident, experience, trial and error. You only dare to charge based on what you can deliver. Making quick bucks is one thing. If you open a chicken rice stall, you sell $1 but it taste like ****, people will only try once. Same thing, if you sell it for $50, people wonder why, try it and damn it sucks, also one time.

Some people tell me... "your rates for lingerie, i can pay for nude model already!"
    My reply is always "good for you!"

Am sure most talents/models started off with TFCD, photographers too. For practise and learning. One day, you proclaim yourself to be professional or a full timer. Who can judge if you are qualified. I am sure there are junk photographers out there making money whom perhaps you or me dont even think his works can make it either but why people are willing to pay them. Or say eg, wedding. There are 'budget' photographers who might not be as good but they still shooting weddings every weekend!

Same goes for models.. As long as people willing to pay them. Nobody forces anybody
    you are right... the whole thing is that photographers and models does not need anyone to certify or any certifcate, so anybody can proclaim themselves to be professional.
    Over the years in clubsnap, we see many photograpers progress from newbie to professional. Some of them take years to do that.. and some of them were like after going for a few organised model shoot and shooting some street events, they tell the whole world they are pofessional hmm.. they know who they are la..

This applies to model as well.. some did a few shoots and declare they are pofessional but the trend is that the models here are getting smarter these days.. they can turn pofessional overnight.. very confident with themselves

As for TFCD.. there is no such thing as who should do and who should not.
    Some photographers without experience also charge.. if he knows people willing to pay, for eg wedding...
    Some experienced, even commercial photographers still do TFCD, for eg.. (K*****H) but of course they don't do for every XMM la
    And for models, some never do TFCD at all.. you can tell when they start their thread using some facebook/friendster "big head photos"
    and some experience models still do TFCD with the "right photographer" - i know you will still do if J**O invite you...

on another note, based on the sudden dramatic increase of another vein of threads in services offered section

it seems like the market forces have responded.. by.. increasing the number of xdd within the week.

Quote Originally Posted by shinestar View Post
    you are right... the whole thing is that photographers and models does not need anyone to certify or any certifcate, so anybody can proclaim themselves to be professional.
    Over the years in clubsnap, we see many photograpers progress from newbie to professional. Some of them take years to do that.. and some of them were like after going for a few organised model shoot and shooting some street events, they tell the whole world they are pofessional hmm.. they know who they are la..

This applies to model as well.. some did a few shoots and declare they are pofessional but the trend is that the models here are getting smarter these days.. they can turn pofessional overnight.. very confident with themselves

As for TFCD.. there is no such thing as who should do and who should not.
    Some photographers without experience also charge.. if he knows people willing to pay, for eg wedding...
    Some experienced, even commercial photographers still do TFCD, for eg.. (K*****H) but of course they don't do for every XMM la
    And for models, some never do TFCD at all.. you can tell when they start their thread using some facebook/friendster "big head photos"
    and some experience models still do TFCD with the "right photographer" - i know you will still do if J**O invite you...
    LOL! Your last sentence tickled me. Well, Joho and I are good friends and he's tired of shooting me! Plus he's now too busy!
    I still do TFCD but I am super picky and selective. I know what I want and what kinda photos I wanna produce, I wont work with photographers who are learning with lightings and DI for free! Time is precious. In fact, I already have problem doing TFCD cos I've worked with almost all those that I wanna work with. Hee

Ultimately, there is no 'market' rates to start off with. You quote based on your confident, experience, trial and error. You only dare to charge based on what you can deliver. Making quick bucks is one thing. If you open a chicken rice stall, you sell $1 but it taste like ****, people will only try once. Same thing, if you sell it for $50, people wonder why, try it and damn it sucks, also one time.

Some people tell me... "your rates for lingerie, i can pay for nude model already!"
    My reply is always "good for you!"
    Haa, sorry, $1 I will sure try, even if it sucks, I still can take it. Charge not say $50, even $25 I will stay far far away and curse the hell out of them. Unless that stall has tons of awards and good critique, I might still try if my wallets are full.

New "models", done few photoshoot, some even said only ONE TFCD, normal roadshow events (huh, thats called modelling also?) liao, decided to come in and charge machiam they already professional, PLEASE, same as above, no portfolio, 5% experience, go home and at least watch some America Next top models, the show sucks, but still taste much much better than the rest.

p.s I'm not refering to jas but those super newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by wakaowalao View Post
    Haa, sorry, $1 I will sure try, even if it sucks, I still can take it. Charge not say $50, even $25 I will stay far far away and curse the hell out of them. Unless that stall has tons of awards and good critique, I might still try if my wallets are full.

New "models", done few photoshoot, some even said only ONE TFCD, normal roadshow events (huh, thats called modelling also?) liao, decided to come in and charge machiam they already professional, PLEASE, same as above, no portfolio, 5% experience, go home and at least watch some America Next top models, the show sucks, but still taste much much better than the rest.

p.s I'm not refering to jas but those super newbie.

And that is why i try not to pay to shoot models now unless for fun sake.

I decided that my bills will go towards blondies

I very poor, so only shot free model...
    Sometime if my model think that i'm inexperience, they will run away before i even press the shutter. Free things can't complaint too much....

.... In fact, I already have problem doing TFCD cos I've worked with almost all those that I wanna work with. Hee
    Jason, Lawrence, Benson, Vincent, Phil, Jonathan, Kenneth, Jia, FJ, Ernest, Kelvin, CH etc. have all shot you.

Very famous liao!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Jason, Lawrence, Benson, Vincent, Phil, Jonathan, Kenneth, Jia, FJ, Ernest, Kelvin, CH etc. have all shot you.

Very famous liao!
    Basket Sion, .... how cum my name not in the hot lists?
    kns ... must start all over again this weekend ..........
    calling for any pro models who want TFCD, plse contact me
    always the Light, .... always.

Very famous liao!
    Bro Sion, why you not in the list?

Sadly, lots of local guys are very naive, always been con or take advantage by ladies.
    In fact modelling is a tough and competitive job, not referring to those xmm talent in paid shoot.

If those who can remember, there is a book title "Model: Ugly Business of Beautiful Women" by Michael Gross.
    For those who don't know about this book (more than 10yrs ago), it is quite interesting to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Sadly, lots of local guys are very naive, always been con or take advantage by ladies.
    this is definately inaccurate ..... there are equally lots of ladies kanna conned by local guys ....
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    sion is waiting for you to ask him for tfcd..

he has prepared his shawl and googles

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Because you want models to jump into river one.

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Bro Sion, why you not in the list?
    $80 an hour I can buy many loafs of bread and few jars of kaya that last me for a week.

An XMM's photos can't fill an empty tummy.

$80 an hour I can buy many loafs of bread and few jars of kaya that last me for a week.

love can fill an empty stomach, make you jump into rivers and kiss the ground..

if you never try, how you know?

I prefer the other way round....

I shoot you, you pay me...

not I shoot you, and I still have to pay you...

or I shoot you, and I still have to pay for your makeup, transport, lunch, dinner etc...
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Best quote of the thread so far.

Very famous liao!
    Hahaha. Actually.. Got more! Aiya...