Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post

Moral of the story: not all "CS models" are disobedience. Treat them nicely and you will be surprised how pro and creative they can get ....
    The Moral of the Story is rather:

"Don't shoot if your model is very tired."

Default Re: Why so called "models" with little or less experience can demand paid shoots?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I problem is not with the model, but with the photographers. The photographers spoiled the xmms. If said these photographers admit to be merely a gwc, then again so be it.

I rarely pay for a shoot, but if I do, model must deliver to my expectations, and they are very high. If model wants copies of the images from the shoot, I generally do not mind giving web copies. After all, she can download them from my website. However, I have and will caution them, they do not own the copyrights nor usage rights. Any paid shoot, model better prepare to sign full release.

I agree with Octane, the xmms are just spoiled. They think way too highly of themselves. But I blame not the xmms, but the photographers that made these xmms behave as they do.

I also agree with vince. It is not the marginal cost of giving a copy of the soft copies, it's intellectual property and there is a value to it.
    yes, i think in this case the problem did not come out of existence because of xmm, rather than there are people who want to shoot xmm.. and a lot of them at that.

anyways, what is gwc?

dp - given the standards of many of the model photoshoots here, with a few exceptions here and then, i'm talking about averages, you'd deign to call it 'intellectual'?

vince123123
    Guests

Whether a person is experienced or skilled is beside the point. The point is that the works have value. The only question is how much value.

So can I say that since the model is inexperienced and she comes to a photography house to pay to do a portfolio, the photography house can call her to model for free by the way at the same time too?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    you are talking about clubsnap;

suddenly now we have a lot of experienced and skilful photographers

last i checked, the general consensus was that this was not so

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Whether a person is experienced or skilled is beside the point. The point is that the works have value. The only question is how much value.

So can I say that since the model is inexperienced and she comes to a photography house to pay to do a portfolio, the photography house can call her to model for free by the way at the same time too?
    why not, if both parties are amendable? you make no sense

aiya... as we all said before... got demand will have supply one.... GWC= Guy With Camera= HamSUPLo=Wannabe=CMI=Whatever lah

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I can give you a hint:

"She is not the type to kiss the ground for you.

She wants you to kiss the ground she walks on."

thnx for the hint wit the height reference will let the bookers know, and she will kiss some asre too
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Blog Entries

i would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone of rule no. 1

1. Be Nice and Be Civilised - abusing, name-calling, personal attacks on members and/or generally trying to stir up trouble will not be tolerated. Be kind to newbies as they may not know the general flow of the forums. Repeatedly violation of this rule will result in banishment.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63921

i don't like to serve infractions, don't make me do it

MA TA lai liao.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

One thing I like to ask the shooters to think a bit out of the box.

If you think XMMs are too expensive, go and shoot neighourhood aunties just like me.

Aunties don't expect payment. Some more they make pork rib soup for me.

They are not fussy and they don't demand soft copies or hard copies. Just show them their photos on the camera LCD they are happy liao.
    Last edited by Sion; 15th April 2008 at 10:29 PM.

To TS:
    Perhaps you should consider this question too...

Why "photographers" with little or less experiences can charge payment to shoot for others too?

Quote Originally Posted by Goondoo View Post
    To TS:
    Perhaps you should consider this question too...

Why "photographers" with little or less experiences can charge payment to shoot for others too?
    Haha this brings the whole argument a full circle.

Photogs trying to get experience + xmm trying to get experience = TFCD

Is it not?

Why they can charge is because there are people willing to pay. And the whole cycle going on is making them think it's the norm. And when there's money to be made from being a supposed pretty face, more will come.
    flickr me here ;)

photographer: "no XMM to shoot can die.. "

XMM : "if photographer don't pay then I don't let you shoot lor.. you think I really want the photos huh? No money I am not interested!"

So you see here.. photographers more desparate.. so have to pay lor.

Solutions: Photographers don't be so despo to shoot XMM.. look for those XMM who can appreciate your photos and willing to model for you FOC. Make them come to you and "Beg" you to shoot them

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    yes, i think in this case the problem did not come out of existence because of xmm, rather than there are people who want to shoot xmm.. and a lot of them at that.

anyways, what is gwc?

dp - given the standards of many of the model photoshoots here, with a few exceptions here and then, i'm talking about averages, you'd deign to call it 'intellectual'?
    come on, are you saying, a lousy picture has no value? Any picture has its value.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

One thing I like to ask the shooters to think a bit out of the box.

If you think XMMs are too expensive, go and shoot neighourhood aunties just like me.

Aunties don't expect payment. Some more they make pork rib soup for me.

They are not fussy and they don't demand soft copies or hard copies. Just show them their photos on the camera LCD they are happy liao.
    that's right, shooting aunties are more fun, more challenging, and more rewarding.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    that's right, shooting aunties are more fun, more challenging, and more rewarding.
    and the pictures are nicer also

eg, the image above with the XMM on the ground, if it were an auntie with more dramatic lighting
    Last edited by ortega; 16th April 2008 at 08:56 AM.

Blog Entries

http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/PCT1068.jpg

example of simple and effective old lady shot

see the excellent expressions on the faces

http://www.jazzviolin.com/china/wp-c...4/da-zhuan.jpg
    Last edited by ortega; 16th April 2008 at 09:01 AM.

I can give you a hint:

"She is not the type to kiss the ground for you.

She wants you to kiss the ground she walks on."

oh....sound so familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/PCT1068.jpg

example of simple and effective old lady shot

see the excellent expressions on the faces

http://www.jazzviolin.com/china/wp-c...4/da-zhuan.jpg
    Handsome young GWCs don't know what they are missing.

It is such rewarding to see dramatic side lighting bringing out the beautiful wrinkles in B&W.

How come a xmm thread became a lao auntie thread... is this the onset of a non-reversing aging population?

I am amazed that the new xmm generation are so entreprising. They have online fashion/accessory shops and they do come shoot me ads. Look at yahoo auction and ebay. Its all about making money for these kids from 10 to 18 years old. I think it is good exposure for them to learn about doing business. And i feel proud about these Singaporean kids.

When i was their age, i didnt even know how to make money through ads!

As for quality, oh well, it is demand driven. They get paid to learn how to pose (ie there are people willing to pay to coach them). Maybe we should let the buyers decide.

what's this thread abt? condemn young models? or photographers?

why condemn???
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast