Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent!! pls help - Do you need a permit to pitch a tent in ECP?

Default Urgent!! pls help - Do you need a permit to pitch a tent in ECP?

Need to find out really fast. Thinking of spending a night there tonight to take sunrise photos tomorrow. Please help...

Default Re: Urgent!! pls help - Do you need a permit to pitch a tent in ECP?

Quote Originally Posted by victorlee10 View Post
    Need to find out really fast. Thinking of spending a night there tonight to take sunrise photos tomorrow. Please help...
    visit NParks website. http://www.nparks.gov.sg/activities_4.asp

Only allowed on weekdays...
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

How come weekday need weekend don't need so funny..... Hmmm maybe i should go tomorrow then....

Oh saw the link you posted.... it says weekend no need permit to camp leh...

Er just to clarify things. You will need a permit if you are camping on a weekday, but a permit is not necessary on weekends.

Visit the Nparks website. Camping is not allowed during the weekends. You could probably rent a BBQ pit, and stay at the shelters nearby, or rent a chalet. personally, I am too old to spend the night without a proper bed. No photo is worth that for me....maybe that's why i never get those sunrise photos...sigh

you will do better elsewhere, as far as i recall, ecp is not a very good place for sunrise or sunset due to the direction it faces - try changi beach if you must be in the east

Maybe you should rephrase the question to:...
    Is there any thing we can do in public that does not require a license in Singapore .....
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by blive View Post
    Visit the Nparks website. Camping is not allowed during the weekends. You could probably rent a BBQ pit, and stay at the shelters nearby, or rent a chalet. personally, I am too old to spend the night without a proper bed. No photo is worth that for me....maybe that's why i never get those sunrise photos...sigh
    From the website you gave us, I quote:

Except for Pulau Ubin, a permit is required if you're planning to camp on a weekday. Weekday camping is also limited to designated areas at the parks. You may wish to click on the links below to see the designated camping areas on the maps.
    Registration for a weekday camping permit is quick and fuss free. All you need to do is to set up your tent and our park ranger will approach you to scan your identification card. Once scanning is completed, the park ranger will print out a verification slip, which will then be attached to your tent. Scanning of the identification cards will be done on a daily basis.

Camping permit is not required if you are camping on weekends and public holidays.

Please click here to view the media release done on camping.
    So is it or is it not allowed on weekends? You seem to be confusing everyone with your NParks website, then your contrary information.

Allowed on weekends...

On weekdays, they require a permit... of which they check or not is another case.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    From the website you gave us, I quote:

So is it or is it not allowed on weekends? You seem to be confusing everyone with your NParks website, then your contrary information.
    Ok loh, so my english not good and I made a mistake lah... That's why ask you to read the website mah! Singapore website is all there. just need to do a google search and get answer. Next time, I won't bother responding loh...

BTW, you going to quote and sue me for wrong info....
    Last edited by blive; 12th April 2008 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blive View Post
    Ok loh, so my english not good and I made a mistake lah... That's why ask you to read the website mah! Singapore website is all there. just need to do a google search and get answer. Next time, I won't bother responding loh...
    he has spoken

soon the cult of google will have an uprising and overtake the entire world

it is OURS

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    he has spoken

soon the cult of google will have an uprising and overtake the entire world

it is OURS
    Its just like saying "colgate" for toothpaste and "pampers" for diapers....

sorry, if i pitch a tent at ecp on friday evening say 6pm, is it consider as weekend?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

vince123123
    Guests

Your tent will be legal until Friday 2359, and the moment the clock strikes 12MN, it will become illegal!!

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    sorry, if i pitch a tent at ecp on friday evening say 6pm, is it consider as weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Your tent will be legal until Friday 2359, and the moment the clock strikes 12MN, it will become illegal!!

Cannot say, wait people get confused. Better check with NParks authority. perhaps email them to get written confirmation....

Hi guys I just came back from ECP. Spent a night there yesterday. I think camping is allowed as I saw 100s of tents all over the place. The place is quite safe too. There was a police patrol car driving by once every 1-2 hours throughout the night.....

FYI

CAMPING PERMIT IS REQUIRED ONLY FROM 15 APRIL ONWARDS

This is from NPARKS. Things to note for all campers.

Things to Note

1. Permits are required for all camping activities which involves set up or erecting of tent.

2. Camping is allowed only within the designated campsite(s). Open fire or stoves are not allowed.

3. Applicant is required to register the particulars of every person staying in the same tent.

4. A NRIC/FIN cannot be used for more than one permit per park per day.

5. The permit is valid for the duration you had booked for, from 9am to 9am of the following day.

Leaving behind trash is an act of litter, liable for a fine of $200. I agree not to leave behind any trash after using the camping facilities.

Blog Entries

just don't pitch a tent lor

sleeping bag under the shelter

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    just don't pitch a tent lor

sleeping bag under the shelter
    Later kena fined by Nparks for loitering in their area of concern... or their law of sleeping in the parks will come out again....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast