Thread: Chinese 8 Characters

Question Chinese 8 Characters

Hi ... just wondering if any of you know more about this. Well, let's just say I am at a stage where this issue is giving me some headache, and since I know nutz about it ... can anyone shed some light on it?

What is this all about? How to tell what your 8 character says? What needs to be known/given to the teller?

Hey, I am not into this, but circumstances 'force' me to find out more. Thanks in advance.

Date of birth and time......

if i'm not wrong......
    in the ancient times...it's
    _ri(date) _yue(month) _nian (year) _shi(time)
    total 8 characters
    [better double check on this, i may be wrong]

actually with this u can also calculate your horoscope.....not just the lunar horoscope(the very commonly used one now), but also your sun sign, planets, houses etc......by right your birth place should be included also, because that determines the latitude and longtitude of your birth location, and that affects the position of the various planets & stars relative to your birth place.

Thanks mate .... rightfully will have 8 things to compare in the end right? hmmm ... your info has been duly noted.

Any other things other fellow club snappers can share?

Originally posted by Retro
    Thanks mate .... rightfully will have 8 things to compare in the end right?
    8 things to compare? no lah.....it's just the same as horoscope...
    through your 8characters, it can determine your character, personality and some believes the fate, future, destiny even past life.....and as far as using sorcery on you, black magic in another words(well, up to u to believe)

Originally posted by roninwolf
    Date of birth and time......

if i'm not wrong......
    in the ancient times...it's
    _ri(date) _yue(month) _nian (year) _shi(time)
    total 8 characters
    [better double check on this, i may be wrong]

actually with this u can also calculate your horoscope.....not just the lunar horoscope(the very commonly used one now), but also your sun sign, planets, houses etc......by right your birth place should be included also, because that determines the latitude and longtitude of your birth location, and that affects the position of the various planets & stars relative to your birth place.

To add on, each of these ri, yur, nian, shi have two character, Tian Gan and Di zhi, thus add together make 8 character .

Eight characters are attanged in 4 pairs, first pair is yr of birth, 2nd pair is month, 3rd pair day and 4th pair time. To find your 8 characters, you will need to convert your date and time of birth to the lunar calendar.

Chinese time is measured by a cycle of 60 yrs.... eg: 1988 is Mou Yin year, and the next Mou Yin year will be 2048.

It's kinda long and tedious to explain how u can get your 8 characters, but I think some chinese horoscope books will teach you. Some also have tables where u just find your solar (english) birthdate and they'll convert the year, month and day for you.

OK ... will check them out. Thanks all!