Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bad Trading Experience in Buy & Sell

"I agree with all your post except the above."

Yeah, I am agreeable to you when you say that sandman has been somewhat overboard with his reaction to powerxu. But still, I think that he should not apologise. For all we know, not to humilitate powerxu or for the benefit of sandman, powerxu could actually be like what sandman described him to be! If we do not know the truth, which we may never, the both of them can call each other names, and we will still not come closer to knowing if the names that have been used are aptly used!

BTW, as I mentioned before, I thought that it was unusual that sandman got put down by so many people, and I thought that I should contribute my two cents worth. Seems like it has accumulated by quite a fair bit by now.

hi all brothers and sisters,

this is going to unruffle alot of feathers but i guess it needs to be done. and i'm going to get badly burnt very soon but this still needs to be made known.

i of course, has been following this thread for some time. and of course without needing to say, i'm appalled by the many many fingers being pointed at SANDMAN.

i've to put my stand clear.

1). in no way am I, sadness a.k.a Ru Hwa, is a friend or acquitance of SANDMAN nor POWERXU.

2). I've some dealings with POWERXU which I must paint it all out. I've no dealings what-so-ever with SANDMAN and that is the whole truth.

3). the following points and revelations are TRUE and nothing but the TRUTH.

I, for one, like SANDMAN, have been very interested in the lens(TOKINA 20-35, correct me if i'm wrong) that POWERXU is auctioning.

but, i'm also keen on the other package that POWERXU is offering, the NIKON EM package that he has.

I APPLAUD POWERXU for being totally honest with me about his NIKON EM and some of the faults that i'll be facing and some of the damages that needs to be corrected.

very honest and i'm really very impressed.

so, after some haggling over the price, we settled on S$400 for the whole package, that is, inclusive of the NIKON EM(S$150)and the TOKINA lens(S$250).

we agreed, get it? and all it needs is my $$ to his hands and the goods to my bags.

I was given the choice of either CLEMENTI or NUS for the completion of the transaction as he claimed that he's very busy and can't leave the campus and the furthest he can ever go to is CLEMENTI MRT.

ok, fine, so i'll ask my good brother in NUS to complete the transaction for me. my brother is the what-ever chairman of some Hall in NUS and is quite a prominent figure among the many tertiary students in the hostel.

i mentioned my fren's name to him in a PM and there's been no reply from him since.

i've tried to contact him again via PM but there's been no replies, although i see him posting his NIKON EM package. but still, he refuses to reply my PMs, excuse the pun.

so, tell me anyone, what went wrong?

the next thing i know after some 3 weeks, i'm reading THIS VERY THREAD.

it means to say that the TOKINA lens was only recently sold to SANDMAN.

it made me wonder.

has POWERXU some kind of reputation in campus that he is afraid of letting others know? by the way, i do not know his full name till i read this thread.

or is he on some kind of a fraud, a scam that he is afraid of being exposed and to save the hassles, decided against selling it to me?

now now....
    ACCUSATIONS!! - JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS!! - FRAMING!!
    don't we all?

now people, I guess someone has to step forward and readdress the situation before it gets completely out of hand.

oops,it is out of hands. i'm sorry.

i am not in support of SANDMAN's action nor his transaction dealing. but i can't help but SUSPECT that POWERXU is hiding something.

and i won't deny the fact that i'm one lucky goat to have missed out on this TOKINA LENS transaction.

and for those of you who are adamant that SANDMAN is in the wrong, think about this...

riddle me this, riddle me that..........

why hasn't POWERXU made any noise?

hmmmm.......

your guess is as good as mine.

Originally posted by sadness

this is going to unruffle alot of feathers but i guess it needs to be done. and i'm going to get badly burnt very soon but this still needs to be made known.

i of course, has been following this thread for some time. and of course without needing to say, i'm appalled by the many many fingers being pointed at SANDMAN.

1). in no way am I, sadness a.k.a Ru Hwa, is a friend or acquitance of SANDMAN nor POWERXU.

2). I've some dealings with POWERXU which I must paint it all out. I've no dealings what-so-ever with SANDMAN and that is the whole truth.

I, for one, like SANDMAN, have been very interested in the lens(TOKINA 20-35, correct me if i'm wrong) that POWERXU is auctioning.

but, i'm also keen on the other package that POWERXU is offering, the NIKON EM package that he has.

I APPLAUD POWERXU for being totally honest with me about his NIKON EM and some of the faults that i'll be facing and some of the damages that needs to be corrected.

so, after some haggling over the price, we settled on S$400 for the whole package, that is, inclusive of the NIKON EM(S$150)and the TOKINA lens(S$250).

we agreed, get it? and all it needs is my $$ to his hands and the goods to my bags.

I was given the choice of either CLEMENTI or NUS for the completion of the transaction as he claimed that he's very busy and can't leave the campus and the furthest he can ever go to is CLEMENTI MRT.

ok, fine, so i'll ask my good brother in NUS to complete the transaction for me. my brother is the what-ever chairman of some Hall in NUS and is quite a prominent figure among the many tertiary students in the hostel.

i mentioned my fren's name to him in a PM and there's been no reply from him since.

i've tried to contact him again via PM but there's been no replies, although i see him posting his NIKON EM package. but still, he refuses to reply my PMs, excuse the pun.

it made me wonder.

has POWERXU some kind of reputation in campus that he is afraid of letting others know? by the way, i do not know his full name till i read this thread.

or is he on some kind of a fraud, a scam that he is afraid of being exposed and to save the hassles, decided against selling it to me?

now now....
    don't we all?

now people, I guess someone has to step forward and readdress the situation before it gets completely out of hand.

i am not in support of SANDMAN's action nor his transaction dealing. but i can't help but SUSPECT that POWERXU is hiding something.

and i won't deny the fact that i'm one lucky goat to have missed out on this TOKINA LENS transaction.

and for those of you who are adamant that SANDMAN is in the wrong, think about this...

hmmmm.......

Well, if what u claimed is truth, and nothing but truth, it makes me wonder too on the sellers act.

Originally posted by Parchiao

Yeah, I am agreeable to you when you say that sandman has been somewhat overboard with his reaction to powerxu. But still, I think that he should not apologise. For all we know, not to humilitate powerxu or for the benefit of sandman, powerxu could actually be like what sandman described him to be! If we do not know the truth, which we may never, the both of them can call each other names, and we will still not come closer to knowing if the names that have been used are aptly used!

BTW, as I mentioned before, I thought that it was unusual that sandman got put down by so many people, and I thought that I should contribute my two cents worth. Seems like it has accumulated by quite a fair bit by now.
    Seems like we both agree that the blame could not be put entirely on either side, based on the available information.

The "apology" thingy is just our different views in dealing with situations. For me, I would not make allegations in public unless I can present compelling proof to substabtiate my case. We should be able to accomodate our difference in personality here.

Anyway the dispute is between sandman and powerxu, not between any other members who participate in this discussion.

My take for the reason for sandman being put down by many was that they were upset by his overboard reactions, and they overlooked the agreement that was mentioned, thus making their judgement base on a perceived set of common practises/norms in dealing with 2nd hand goods.

As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Originally posted by sadness

it made me wonder.

now now....
    don't we all?

hmmmm.......

Well i get what you mean but it is implying something and not proving anything.

"Well i get what you mean but it is implying something and not proving anything. "

It lends support to the idea that powerxu is someone who can go back on his words. Does this not sound familiar enough to you?

Kudos to sadness for bringing this up.

Originally posted by roygoh
    Sandman should have handled this dispute in a more civil manner, and he owes powerxu an appology for his actions.
    Civil manner meaning what? file a lawsuit? you ain't no Chief Justice Pow. i think this is a good discussion, at least it let everybody pay extra attention when trading. let the matter RIP.

Blog Entries

This thread is closed to avoid any more ruffled feathers, as there has been enough said here.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345