Thread: How to instant review you picture taken on PC?

Default How to instant review you picture taken on PC?

Hi,

I wish to review the picture taken by my DSLR immediately (instant review on PC) on my pc after snapping a shot. Anyone know how to do that? I have tried to connect the cable and after taking the picture it would show on the folder immediately but how do i review it bigger than just a thumbnail. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thx!
    Last edited by FusionMist; 11th April 2008 at 02:45 AM.

Default Re: How to instant review you picture taken on PC?

Sidetrack from your question. Is this what they call "pixel peeping" hehe? For me I think it is perfectly alright but I do not know why some people think it is not. Curious...

Sorry back to topic pls
    Canon EOS 40D, EF-S 17-85mm F4-5.6 IS USM, pending BG-E2N grip and Speedlite 580EX-II flash

What DSLR u using? Canon can shoot using PC control, the image can save direct to the PC. I known my 40D can.

We need to know what camera you are using... This is also part of tethered shooting, which the Sony A700 can also do.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by FusionMist View Post
    Hi guys, I just bought D60 not long ago. ......................
    found in another thread start by TS.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Depends on your camera, and how "instant" you want it to be.

Many cameras can shoot in tethered mode. For Canon, you can use the software supplied by Canon, or look into what's offered by Breeze Systems (http://www.breezesys.com)

For non tethered, many professional / semi-pro cameras offer a wireless grip. For example, Canon has WFT-E3 (US$800) for the 40D.

For cameras using a SD card, you can have similar functionality for a lot less money. The Eye-Fi (US$100) is a 2 GB SD card with wi-fi circuitry that can be configured to wirelessly transfer your photo to your PC (among other things). There is a SD to CF adapter available, but I heard that though it works, it blocks part of the wireless signal.

Both the wireless grip and the Eye-Fi transfer using 802.11b/g. I'm not sure if they support ad-hoc mode.

I thought I recall some strange contraption that plugs into a CF card slot and connects to an external storage / transmitter, and it cost significantly less than a WFT-E3, but I haven't heard anything about it in more than 2 years. It may have died a premature death.

Finally, Nikon D300 / D3 has HDMI output - I have not looked into this much, but it should be possible to connect HDMI to a high end digital monitor for preview.

Blog Entries

Do a search on the word "tethered" and you find the answers are all there.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/searc...archid=6069008

Hi all, thanks for the word tether. I now know that my D60 can do that, but how? I tried to connect the usb cable which came with my camera but it juz hows the picture in the folder on the computer. How do I instantly review on screen? is there a software to buy or? thanks so much guys! appreciate it!

Cheers!

Check out the software provided with the box. I think it's Camera Control, Capture NX or something. It should allow tethered shooting via USB connection.

Pixel peeping is viewing the image at 100% size on screen, and screaming if it's not pixel sharp.

Blog Entries

If you follow my advise to search for the word "tethered" you would have found this thread and also discussion on how it is done.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...17#post3817017

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    If you follow my advise to search for the word "tethered" you would have found this thread and also discussion on how it is done.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...17#post3817017
    I've tried it but no matter what I do, they couldn't detect my camera...as in Control 2 can't detect but my laptop could, I just don't understand.