Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 138

Thread: Looking for good digital cam

  1. #41

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    i called them just now... and that person say Steven is busy so call back later... sigh... i really hope can exchange.... that stupid card error... i don't think Anthony did try out the new card using that 64Meg one that i upgrade to... i think he use his old card... gah, i don't really remember... and he didn't tell me there's no optical zoom coz initually, i want FujiFilm FinePix 2600Z but they don't have it coz it's not popular... hmmm, next time, must listen to my own instinct and not my mom or the sales person....
    After many trips to many camera shops disguised as a I-know-nothing buyer, have seen many salesmen trying to smoke their way through to make me buy a discontinued product, or a new product at a marked up price. One actually tried to sell me this low-end digicam without a LCD screen by saying that LCD preview is not good! He said what you see in the LCD is not what you will get in your picture, so i'm better off without it. Duh! And he kept boasting that he has been playing with digicams for years so he knows best. I just gave him a weak smile and walked away.

    So when buying an expensive item esp eletronics, it's best to do homework thoroughly first, or get someone experienced to go along.

    Anthony might have purposely not reveal the fact that the 40i has got no optical zoom, to lure you into buying a discontinued product. Not trying to defame him lar, jusy saying he "might".

  2. #42

    Default

    ok, so now, comes the ultimate question again... .which camera that is within the budget of 600 - 700+ will you reccomand? I'm sorry that i keep asking people this question, but i really have not much idea.... even though i did read those review stuffs... so yup, i need you help.... This time, all i need is a good cam, 2Megapixel or above with optical and/or digital zoom... ( more than 3 times if possible , i like more zoom ) and also don't drain up my batteries in like just a few hours? I'm not particular about the video thing... just give me good picture qulity, ease of use/transfer and good software.... I'm going to call them back after i have a rough idea what i would like to exchange for but not that they already approve of exchanging... i'm just getting prepared....
    Last edited by Ling Nightsky; 24th March 2002 at 06:25 PM.

  3. #43

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    ok, so now, comes the ultimate question again... .which camera that is within the budget of 600 - 700+ will you reccomand? I'm sorry that i keep asking people this question, but i really have not much idea.... even though i did read those review stuffs... so yup, i need you help.... This time, all i need is a good cam, 2Megapixel or above with optical and/or digital zoom... ( more than 3 times if possible , i like more zoom ) and also don't drain up my batteries in like just a few hours? I'm going to call them back after i have a rough idea what i would like to exchange for but not that they already approve of exchanging... i'm just getting prepared....
    Minolta S304 - 4X optical zoom, 3.1 MP, should be around $700+?

    Fuji FP2800z - 6X optical zoom, 2.1MP, $600+

    Olympus C-2040Z - 3X optical, 2.1MP, full manual features, $600+

    Casio QV2900UX - 8X optical zoom, 2.1MP, manual features, $700+ i think

    Canon A20 - 3X optical, 2.1MP, $500+ (discontinued so maybe no stock)

    there are more cameras in this category but these are the few I would recommend.
    Last edited by Tweek; 24th March 2002 at 06:34 PM.

  4. #44

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    ok, so now, comes the ultimate question again... .which camera that is within the budget of 600 - 700+ will you reccomand? I'm sorry that i keep asking people this question, but i really have not much idea.... even though i did read those review stuffs... so yup, i need you help.... This time, all i need is a good cam, 2Megapixel or above with optical and/or digital zoom... ( more than 3 times if possible , i like more zoom ) and also don't drain up my batteries in like just a few hours? I'm going to call them back after i have a rough idea what i would like to exchange for but not that they already approve of exchanging... i'm just getting prepared....
    What do u intend to do with it? Shoot nite shots? pple? animals? Places? Big zoom or compact? uses AAs or properietary batteries? use the the larger capacities or the smaller Smart Media?

  5. #45

    Default

    thanx tweek, i'll check them all out


    I might need to take occasional night shots... actually, quite often... i'm not sure if digital cam can handle the nightsky or something... I'm a big fan of Astronomy ( well, if you haven't notice from my nick )

    I think smartmedia will be good... 64 Meg or something will be nice.

  6. #46

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    I might need to take occasional night shots... actually, quite often... i'm not sure if digital cam can handle the nightsky or something... I'm a big fan of Astronomy ( well, if you haven't notice from my nick )
    of the above that I mentioned, only S304 (sorry it's 4X optical zoom not 3X), QV2900UX and C-2040Z are good for nightshots. By nightshots I mean night scenary shots with lights bright enough. If you wanna take astronomical shots, I'm afraid none of the consumer-level digicams can do that. The semi-pro or professional digital SLRs might be able to.

    no worries, take your time and decide. Don't sekali changed already still feel like changing again.

  7. #47

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    thanx tweek, i'll check them all out


    I might need to take occasional night shots... actually, quite often... i'm not sure if digital cam can handle the nightsky or something... I'm a big fan of Astronomy ( well, if you haven't notice from my nick )

    I think smartmedia will be good... 64 Meg or something will be nice.
    if u want nite shots, probably u will be disappointed with the Fp2800Z. U might wanna go with the casio's 8x zoom and veri long exposure if u wanna take shots of the stars. It uses CF however.

  8. #48

    Default

    yay! they say can exchange... w00t! i'm so happy! they say i can exchange to anything... up to me!! I'm probably going to do TONS of research tonite... hehe...

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    leepublic of singapore
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    yay! they say can exchange... w00t! i'm so happy! they say i can exchange to anything... up to me!! I'm probably going to do TONS of research tonite... hehe...

    congrats....:P

  10. #50

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    yay! they say can exchange... w00t! i'm so happy! they say i can exchange to anything... up to me!! I'm probably going to do TONS of research tonite... hehe...
    congrats to you!

  11. #51

    Default

    Now where's that frog again?

  12. #52

    Default

    Originally posted by xdivider
    Now where's that frog again?






    come on .. ! don't u think he should exchange to a better camera ... as you said that Fp2800Z is poor in nite shoot .. i guess is it 10x better than 40i ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  13. #53

  14. #54

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    i think i found my baby
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F2800/F28A.HTM
    This one is not too suitable for nite shoots though. U'll need something that can do multi-second exposures or ur shoots may end up like
    http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/fu.../nightshot.jpg

  15. #55

    Default

    hmmm, well, i guess i'll have to sacrifice the night shots then.... but i'm really loving this cam.... i'm sure it's better than 40 i

  16. #56

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    hmmm, well, i guess i'll have to sacrifice the night shots then.... but i'm really loving this cam.... i'm sure it's better than 40 i
    Its definitely better. U can join pple here on their photo trips to the zoo and bird park to try out the camera and its 6x zoom.

  17. #57

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    hmmm, well, i guess i'll have to sacrifice the night shots then.... but i'm really loving this cam.... i'm sure it's better than 40 i
    Yes it is indeed much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much better than 40i ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    leepublic of singapore
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Originally posted by xdivider


    Its definitely better. U can join pple here on their photo trips to the zoo and bird park to try out the camera and its 6x zoom.
    or can join me this thursday to botanic gardens....@ 4pm....if you have finished ur class...especially animation assignments

  19. #59

    Default

    Originally posted by isomers007


    or can join me this thursday to botanic gardens....@ 4pm....if you have finished ur class...especially animation assignments
    U move fast brother

  20. #60

    Default

    Originally posted by xdivider


    U move fast brother
    sister you mean. isomers007 is a lady.
    Last edited by Tweek; 24th March 2002 at 09:05 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •