Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 138

Thread: Looking for good digital cam

  1. #21

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    why format? what will that do?
    and should i format it after i fully charge the batteries?
    Try formatting it with the power plug in.

  2. #22

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    gah, well good luck to me.... at first i want to buy other camera without the mp3 thingy but mom loves this one too much.... oh well....
    yeah well, make the best out of it like I said. Anyway a famous quote widely used around here goes "it's not that camera that matters, it's the photographer".

    btw, you've got a very cool website, but the light colours made my eyes hurt after a while because of squinting to read the words.

  3. #23

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    gah, well good luck to me.... at first i want to buy other camera without the mp3 thingy but mom loves this one too much.... oh well....
    oh well ... there are a few choices you can select

    1. tell your mom that this DC cannot take good pics , go back to the shop to exchange other model like Nikon coolpix 775 or Canon A20 , Fujifilm finefix 6800 ...

    2. stick to it and don't complain the image is not good

    3. give/sell it to some1 else who like mp3 player ...

    Actually my colleague bought it 2 years ago and I have tried and tested it before. It cannot take good macro shot at all .. and the battery can last the most is hrs.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  4. #24

    Default

    well, for a begginer like me, as long as i get the photo and the subject right.... i'm happy. Although i agree that 700 bucks could have got me a better cam without mp3 thingy... but well, i'll make good use of it
    And thanx for visiting my domain.

  5. #25

    Default

    can exchange one? like within one week of something... that person says can change if i have problem... but not sure if i can change to other model.... Does Alan Photo allows that?

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Originally posted by xdivider


    If u checked out what those taiwanese did, they added a 6x zoom to the 40i
    I have used the 40i when it was first launched.
    One month later I sold it.
    Not all mp3 can be transferred to the SM card. Only the "ID" SM card can be used. These were due to the security features built-in the 40i.
    The camera has no Optical but digital zoom. It's good at 2mp. Interpolated to 4mp, *yak*!
    Pros is very small and compact. Not power hungry.
    Last edited by LifeWorld; 24th March 2002 at 05:11 PM.

  7. #27

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    can exchange one? like within one week of something... that person says can change if i have problem... but not sure if i can change to other model.... Does Alan Photo allows that?
    give a try loh ....
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  8. #28

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    can exchange one? like within one week of something... that person says can change if i have problem... but not sure if i can change to other model.... Does Alan Photo allows that?
    yar, give it a try, no harm. Try to ask for this guy called Steven, he's quite friendly, might give you an exchange. Or try to find some fault with the camera and go back and change...

  9. #29

    Default

    the one who serve me was Anthony

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    leepublic of singapore
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    ling...try exchanging...if cannot, then juz shoot, shoot, shoot until you've save enuff money to get another digicam...hehe...can go photoshooting wif us...btw...i'm in de same course as you too....2nd yr..

  11. #31

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    can exchange one? like within one week of something... that person says can change if i have problem... but not sure if i can change to other model.... Does Alan Photo allows that?
    What are u using it for first, travel shots? Taking family pics? It has a remote and a pretty decent movie mode so u can actually use it to take short videos. If it fits ur needs then go with it first or else go down and ask. I suspect even if u might be able to swap, u probably have to fork out a bit more. I'll feel that getting a Oly 2040 or a Fp2800z may be more worth it for $700+.

  12. #32

    Default

    hmmm, should i call first and ask if i can exchange first?

  13. #33

    Default

    oh by the way, what specialisation are you in? isomers007? and you eman go photoshooting with people from here?

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    leepublic of singapore
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    hmmm, should i call first and ask if i can exchange first?
    yah....dat would be best...so dat you wun waste ur time or something there if you can't exchange it...anyway if you still have probs wif de card, then u got an excuse to go there directly...

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    oh by the way, what specialisation are you in? isomers007? and you eman go photoshooting with people from here?
    i'm in IM...and yes, photoshooting wif these weird people....haha.

  15. #35
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Originally posted by isomers007

    i'm in IM...and yes, photoshooting wif these weird people....haha.

  16. #36

    Default

    that's great... i'm also going to choose IM as my specialisation. Sigh, i really hope the camera will be a good boy... Coz i've been interested in photography for about half a year now.... hope this cam will bring me some good pictures...
    Last edited by Ling Nightsky; 24th March 2002 at 05:45 PM.

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    leepublic of singapore
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Originally posted by zhapchit
    relax arr...juz kidding onli mah...hehe...

  18. #38

    Default

    i called them just now... and that person say Steven is busy so call back later... sigh... i really hope can exchange.... that stupid card error... i don't think Anthony did try out the new card using that 64Meg one that i upgrade to... i think he use his old card... gah, i don't really remember... and he didn't tell me there's no optical zoom coz initually, i want FujiFilm FinePix 2600Z but they don't have it coz it's not popular... hmmm, next time, must listen to my own instinct and not my mom or the sales person....

  19. #39

    Default

    Originally posted by Ling Nightsky
    i called them just now... and that person say Steven is busy so call back later... sigh... i really hope can exchange.... that stupid card error... i don't think Anthony did try out the new card using that 64Meg one that i upgrade to... i think he use his old card... gah, i don't really remember... and he didn't tell me there's no optical zoom coz initually, i want FujiFilm FinePix 2600Z but they don't have it coz it's not popular... hmmm, next time, must listen to my own instinct and not my mom or the sales person....
    It still doesn't work after a format?

  20. #40

    Default

    nah, i haven't format
    thing is, i don't think i need that mp3 feature afterall.... lol....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •