Thread: Slides to print

Default Slides to print

Anyone knows where's a good place to print slides? As in high qualities. OR any places that offers good value for $$ for slides printing? thanz!

Default Re: Slides to print

Originally posted by leewt214
    Anyone knows where's a good place to print slides? As in high qualities. OR any places that offers good value for $$ for slides printing? thanz!

What do u mean by "GOOD" Place???

there are some many Fuji labs doing Slide to print... prices are almost the same... if u stick to the same lab, the boss may give u special price... if u keep lab "hopping", of course u won't get good price...

printing wise, if your exposure is correct, why worry that they will spoil your print. just tell them to do direct print, NO CORRECTION... GIVE them the instruction of what u want. NOT what can they do to "beautify" your pictures.

P.S remember the FULL frame ratio. if not, the lab will crop your picture off base on their NON photography expertise. NOT all lab provide FULL frame printing.

what if someone recommand u a lab in the east and u stay in the west??? r u sure u will MAKE the trip just to get that "special" price??

for me, i look for labs that give me FAST print. and i have 2 lab that i always goes to. one lab for negatives and the other for Digital and slides. both know what i want and gives my special price.

hope all the above mention will help u.

actually, the price for slide to print can vary quite a lot, so I think this thread is quite useful. I agree about the special price bit, but still it doesn't hurt to know what are the prices other labs offer.

RGB charges more than $2 for 4R print.

Fotohub (which is where I go most of the time, though I haven't done my slide to print before at anywhere yet) charges $1.80 for 4R print (but as member, I get 10% discount)

Konota charges $1 for 4R print.

So, the charges vary quite a bit, really, even though all these labs are considered as haunts for freelance and professional photographers.

i don't know if this answers your question, but this is what i would do:

scan the slide (borrow a film scanner, or pay $10 at RGB for the service - per slide), then print the 4R as a digital print (30c to 50c, depending on where).

For large quantities, it seems more sensible to me. i would also get moe control since i can touch up and correct the digital image.

HTH.