Thread: Slik Able 300DX

Question Slik Able 300DX

Hi

Anyone with experience of this tripod? I just bought a 2nd hand one without the pan head that came along with it when brand new.

Many commented that it's copy of the Manfrotto 190D... with that in mind, I went ahead to buy the Manfrotto 486RC2 without bringing along my newly pruchased 2nd hand 300DX to try. Brought back the ball head, and to my horror, the thread on the 300DX and 486RC2 didn't match.

Any advise on this? Return the 300DX and ask for refund? Return the 486RC2... and exchange for suitable ball head? Any recommendation for ball head to go with this tripod?

Thanks!!!

Default Don't Worry...you just need the little screw adapter...

HI there....

No Worries....you just need the scew adapter to link the smaller tripod screw to the larger head cavity. Tell them (the shop) you need the adapter and i think it cost $3.

Its something that people who just started to get "pro" tripods need to know....about the existance of the two screw thread sizes...

regards,
    Sulhan

Dun panic...go back to CP tripod section and ask for a 3/8 -1/4 tripod bushing adapter. should cost about 2 bucks.
    damien

Default WOW!

Wow, thanks guys!!! didn't know there's such a thingy... hehe, new to tripod lah. Thanks again!!!

Actually, if you bring the ballhead back to them, they might give the adapter to you for free.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=18413

i asked this qns v long ago...thot i post here..